It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The BEAUTIFUL you: self truths.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
On tv today , a discussion on sacking carol thatcher from the BBC for saying off air the word, Golliwog, apparently this is so offensive that people all over britain are upset.
If a word is not in the dictionary how can it be a swear word? how can the word have a meaning if its not in the dictionary, people who are offended by a word know what a word is supposed to mean because of what they assume, what a load of rubbish.
Seeing peoplle killed on tv, thats offensive, watching people starve in poor nations thats offensive,people dying from diseases thats offensive, killing animals inhumanely thats offensive. But no we don,t have our priorites right,say something that is assumed as offensive and , let us sue for millions because someone called me a nasty name. wake up

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
So, one more answer to you (hope i can do it short):

Men developed a thumb. Nature achieved this thumb through trillion deaths. The dolphins have no chance anymore to develop a thumb.

That means: On this world, the world of material things, there is no other way to achieve things trough trial and error. When errors occur, there are lives that suffer. Because all living creature tries to reach a better world. The ant collects small pieces of flesh for she does not want to suffer hunger. The plant fights her way to the light. Humans murder to get some Nairas.

The ant is beautiful. Every piece of her body fits to the other piece. The Naira is beautiful, cause it is heavy and solid.

But neither the ant nor the Naira has any chance to develop a thumb.

But only with a thumb is a creature able to develop a big brain. Only a soul with a big brain and a thumb may eventually paint a picture like the one in my avatar.

Michelangelo painted something wonderful. But he had to work so damn long and hard to achieve this. He had to go through lots of hardships. He could not achieve it through meditation. He suffered. He was mad about the idea, to give the world something, that was more beautiful than any existing thing.

In a blink of an eye can you destroy his work. Then the work is gone. Is this just? Is this nice? Is this harmonious? I am afraid it is not.

In most cases, the easy explanation is too easy

keep up the good work

edit: The thing you said about the multiple truths: 2 and 2 makes 4, no matter where or who or when you are.
Nevertheless, the knowledge, that the truth is complex and that judgement needs a vast amount of consideration is necessary. But it's only the starting point to find the many truths...

edit2: The thing you said about being yourself: If an ape remains itself, changeless, then there will be no human...

[edit on 5-2-2009 by Wachstum]

[edit on 5-2-2009 by Wachstum]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Wachstum

What I wanted to touch on was that for instance.. the will for things to be...Nature has a natural flow of life and death, is death and decay wrong, or just part of a cycle? See this is the stuff that I have a hard time putting together for myself and everyone and more then anything I want to leave something for someone else to figure out.

You people gotta meet me half way! I DONT have all the answers. Just my opinions dammit.
23 years on this earth and 3 years in meditation, the depth of these thoughts will improve. !

One part I coudlnt really squeeze in that I wanted to touch on was the idea of life and death as being a balanced cycle, but also when you throw in simulated chaos that goes against the natural flow.. I say simulated because there is order in chaos to me.. at least from a programming sense.. I mean is a computer virus not a functional intelligent thing? Is it random destruction or preplanned events?

What I was also getting at is perspective.... say you have this painting.. well your sad, its destroyed.. you say this painting is no more.. but the atoms remain.. and components smaller and different then that..you could say you just lost the biggest.. FORM of this arangement..but perhaps its much larger in a different frequency sense.

Let me give you an idea of what I'm talking about.

We're digging into forms now, as concepts.. like what is matter REALLY? What really is MATTER? And what does it mean to DESTROY matter?

This hologram light fractal remains, the artwork remains on a different level.. unless this can be destroyed too..and I mean purged from existence, there is no trace, its totaly void of existence.

A dead plant or animal decays.. you may say it destroys the beauty.. but thats what I meant when I talked about the "ugly side".. and that there still is this artistry in it, its just how you look at it, or how you look for it. A destroyed painting is like one destroyed form of expression but not the entirety of expression.

What I meant by this topic can be summed up as "Beauty doesn't have to be created, it just IS, unless it becomes void"

You start to deal with forms of expression and tinkering into how infinitely "small", "large" or different this expression can take. A beautiful wall painting is one of many.

Its like the perceivable can crystallize and bend in on itself and its a matter of how you look it.

I apologize if this sounds like a scattered rant but its a complicated subject.

Perhaps another example.

A planet!!.. you can look at it as a planet or..
a bunch of molecules, a bunch of particles, a bunch of colour and light, a frequency, 1's and 0's, if you've seen the matrix, they talk about seeing the world as a pattern. Its how you look at it.

My post was to imply that its THERE.. I mean this is what I meant when I was digging into conceptual perception... even things could be purged from existence..energy etc.. as long as you could still think of a concept, this artistry exists until you can no longer think otherwise.. and the fact that you exist... your existence would have to be purged too would it not? Would not everything...the universe..energy..thought.. all that is.. would it have to be purged into complete nothingness?

But then your getting me into another topic. What is nothingness.? is it even conceivable? Thats next topic.

You people ask too much of a guy who's just try to inspire you to think for your own. I'm not your mind, or your source for lifes questions. I thought I implied this?

Think of me as another concept! What I am and the things I say and do are things for you to interpret.

(this is more directed to everyone else now, i'm not targetting you, sorry cuz it was a reply to you.)

I'm not giving you guys hell either I'm just saying its the intent that matters... language is only so flexible and as one poster mentioned, its difficult.

My overall intent is to get you to look within yourself, even if you don't agree with what I'm saying, my intention is that it will light a spark, or trigger that search within. Search yourself for answers, not the OP!

That being said you're all beautiful, and you only wish you were as high on life as I am. hahaha.

peace.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Now your getting into what defines right or wrong. I had an old post about that and others were giving me the same run around. The thread was about the flexibility of what we consider to be right or wrong and no consistent agreement on the matter.

I get the point your making but its difficult wording this.

For context sake I meant in it the sense "robbing the store might seem wrong to you, but it was obviously RIGHT for YOU at the time, because you did it, you acted upon your judgement and decided it was the decision to make... society's programming makes you think its wrong, and you might even agree..but then you'd have to ponder what that really means.. but if you DID it.. then it was right for you.. thats the context I meant it. I don't really know if there is an easy way to word that.

Believe it or not people, I have terrible grammar, I flunked english class twice, I have no care for language. Its not an excuse except I'm stating that half the time I spend writing a post is to go through and fix this little language loopholes and possible misinterpretations so people don't point it out and condemn the intent of the message, and furthermore instantly disregard it because they don't agree one point which is possibly misinterpreted. Looking at the surface of the message rather then the core..
I'm talking about interpretation. I can find holes in everyones explanations..

I wanted to start a thread on this.. INTERPRETATIONS..intent... and multiple perceivable ways to read a message.

But enough of language flaws.. I gotta write 2 paragraphs to back up the least important statement in my threads.
ATS give me a higher character limit then 10 000.

I'm just crying for people to see through the message. Someone might write a post full of ego and alot of "absolute statements" when really it could be worded better, I feel I know what they're getting at without falling into the language traps.

I swear I pull my hair out trying to word something the best I can. hahaha.

I'm just going to stop my rant now.

But i'll say this, good job for calling people on their absolute's but what good does it do when you counter it with another such as "you're wrong". The point of the thread was to inspire people to be OPEN, open open OPEN..and see the biggest possible picture and remove society's conditionings and to just really get to know who we are personally. This doesn't take the assistance of anyone, I don't have to hold anyone's hand. Getting to know oneself is a wonderful thing.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Ha, thats a cool little diagram. Thats sort of how I try and arrange my thoughts.

I was thinking yesterday if I had to try and explain to people how my thoughts have changed over the years.. I dont think i could plot it linearly.. more like hand gestures implies things expanding, encircling, joining others and branching off others and doing all sorts of wacky things.

You could probably keep going with that diagram until it becomes a mess. Hard to organize but fun to try.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I went to the IMAX the other night and saw the show about the Grandcanyon, in the movie was a young Native American woman who was the river guide. Your thread made me think of one of her comment, when asked why she loves doing the river rafting guide work, she said because doing what she believes in and loves only makes her a more beautiful person for doing so.

It was not of ego, but from a deep sense of innocence and truth. Yes this thread and your OP reminded me of the young woman...
Nice.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSingularity

Hey man I really dig what you said. You just mentioned what I consider to be nature's dilema!...

See.. though I'm just being myself.. myself will not stand for child rapists/murders etc.. but perhaps I touched on this? I was talking about respect, the allowance of things to be.. murder is not respect, being yourself while respecting all else.. sometimes we impose our way over others.. and sometimes we think its' right. Like now we're talking about government..artificial constructs.. a way to structure our opinions and act upon them.

In the end.. in nature the big fish eats the little fish..and I think this is why its interesting to contemplate forgiveness and this respect. For instance... if someone were to murder me, thats not respect... if a dinosaur was to eat me.. well..I'm just part of the food chain I guess, its him or me!

So what do we all do, starve?

I'd love to talk about this but I feel i've beaten it to the ground enough and I need to get some work done today, though I consider this work.

My intent is to not give everyone the answer for everything, its to get them to look within for it!

I think I need to put that in bold letters in my oriiginal post.. but I have no character allowance left!

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

You people ask too much of a guy who's just try to inspire you to think for your own. I'm not your mind, or your source for lifes questions. I thought I implied this?

Think of me as another concept! What I am and the things I say and do are things for you to interpret.

(this is more directed to everyone else now, i'm not targetting you, sorry cuz it was a reply to you.)

I'm not giving you guys hell either I'm just saying its the intent that matters... language is only so flexible and as one poster mentioned, its difficult.

You seem a little frustrated,

Maybe you are making it to complicated,

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by CavemanDD

Great Thread my friend! And great artwork to boot!
I am so pleased to see more and more people opening their hearts and minds to everything you talked about..
I to am such a person.. And we have talked about this alot the past week!

I thank all my friends on here.. As I feel a real fellowship is growing! ITs people like you CavemanDD who can step outside of yourself and walk in another persons shoes if not but for a moment.

You are really starting to understand all this, and the path you walk is the path that will lead this world into the next age!
Peace and love will come in due time.. But there is a big mess here that minds like ours must first find out a way to contend with.

I give you
S&F from me for such a wonderful and outright post!
It takes guts, and it takes alot of thought to be able to direct such thoughts in a manner that wont hurt or offend anyone.

Your doing a great job! Keep up the good work!

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Complications arise once I analyze. To free the message from complication it would just be just trying to sum up how I feel in a good moment of meditation.

"Just be yourself everybody, life is beautiful!"

But then that would be the entire post, lol.

I'm not one for throwing out profound one liners. I try to break down a thought process.

Its hard I mean, to express this. We could mind meld? haha.

Thats the only other way i think I could share it in an uncomplicated fashion. I'll never stop doing this, no matter how complicated it gets. Often times the comments from the message make it more complicated I feel.

I could illustrate it, a line turning into a web. Anyways. I hear ya.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

My intent is to not give everyone the answer for everything, its to get them to look within for it!

The lessons we seek to teach others are most often those we need to learn ourselves.

Looking within is a personal journey and every spiritual journey individual.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Thats the only other way i think I could share it in an uncomplicated fashion. I'll never stop doing this, no matter how complicated it gets. Often times the comments from the message make it more complicated I feel.

I understand, I have been there, and i don't just post my thoughts without contemplating what to say,

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Thanks man.

This time I feel like i'm taking on a bit of challenge. Its a necessary step for growth if this is the field of work I want to do. I gotta expect all sorts of questions and be able to bring it all together or what I'm trying to say is leave no loose ends.

I had some thoughts today about who I am and again comming to terms with how I have changed and I think..maybe I am so fixed on a belief i can't free myself from it.. and its funny but this doubt arises, and then I remember everything that formulated that belief and i think huh.. well.. its the direction i'm going now until new ideas arise.

But basically from it all I thought.. no matter what.. if the direction i'm going makes me feel fulfilled, while reaching out to people to inspire the search for self fulfillment, wisdom, peace etc.. then its making the world a better place and it gives me peace of mind, the self fulfillment. Whatever happens otherwise doesn't matter to me..

its like when you start to contemplate the soul, our consciousness of all definition and your sense of ego and how it wants to cling on to this or that or fears this or that, and I think, you know.. hell with it.. if I feel self fulfilled, if that itch is scratched and I'm doing the best I can to find the meaning in it all, then why stress beyond that.

Thanks for the reply, and everyone else as well.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I learn from everyone, I learn from what I teach and better ways to teach it, and often when I make such posts, I think of something I myself may have overlooked.

In my own kind of perspective I look at my interactions with the world as a direct message from some higher part of my consciousness.. a thought I had when in a visualization and I was thinking about talking to guides and such.. and I thought about people I know etc..

So when I hear people say "yes steve, but this and that etc.. my attention is focused and I try to pick up on it and see what I can learn."

Its when we are reluctant to listen that it becomes difficult I find. Its getting easier for me, but I have an ego, just like everyone else.. but its much.. different?... then it used to be.,. hard to describe.

Thanks for replying.

- steve.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Thought i would share some insights that made the biggest impact on how i view things

Zen Buddhist story

users.skynet.be...

Two monks, going to a neighbouring monastery, walked side by side in silence. They arrived at a river they had to cross. That season, waters were higher than usual. On the bank, a young woman was hesitating and asked the younger of the two monks for help. He exclaimed, 'Don't you see that I am a monk, that I took a vow of chastity?'

'I require nothing from you that could impede your vow, but simply to help me to cross the river,' replied the young woman with a little smile.

'I...not...I can...do nothing for you,' said the embarrassed young monk.

'It doesn't matter,' said the elderly monk. 'Climb on my back and we will cross together.'

Having reached the other bank, the old monk put down the young woman who, in return, thanked him with a broad smile. She left her side and both monks continued their route in silence. Close to the monastery, the young monk could not stand it anymore and said, 'You shouldn't have carried that person on your back. It's against our rules.'

'This young woman needed help and I put her down on the other bank.

You didn't carry her at all, but she is still on your back,' replied the older monk.

[edit on 122828p://bThursday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Its when we are reluctant to listen that it becomes difficult I find. Its getting easier for me, but I have an ego, just like everyone else.. but its much.. different?... then it used to be.,. hard to describe.

Steve don't worry we all have egos.

I imagine it is necessary,

As necessary as emotions,

Honor all your emotions, they teach us about ourself.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I always like how you can use a story to get a message across.

I think I see what its saying here, that the problem.. or issue,..rather the existence of this woman's.. situtation is there regardless, you can act on it or not. No matter any rules, you can act on something or ignore it, but if you ignore it, the situation remains and as well.. we might cling on to it, thinking for years how we might have done something differently, we take it on as a responsiblity.

I often think, man i helped that guy but not that guy, and it almost gets to me but I don't let it, i just try to tell myself to learn from it and the next time i encounter it i'll have a different perspective perhaps.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Steve I don't know why I am posting this to you, and perhaps you don't know why I am either, but someday it will become clear, hopefully

In vajrayana Buddhism it is said that wisdom is inherent in emotions. When we struggle against our own energy we are rejecting the source of wisdom. Anger without the fixation is none other than mirrorlike wisdom. Pride and envy without fixation is experienced as equanimity. The energy of passion when it's free of grasping is discriminating awareness wisdom.

In bodhichitta training we also welcome the living energy of emotions. When our emotions intensify what we usually feel is fear. This fear is always lurking in our lives. In sitting meditation we practice dropping whatever story we are telling ourselves and leaning into the emotions and the fear. Thus we train in opening the fearful heart to the restlessness of our own energy. We learn to abide with the experience of our emotional distress.

www.shambhalasun.com...

Many times I read the words yet the message is unclear when viewed with earthly wisdom, but there is a spiritual knowledge that cannot be expressed,

Do you understand?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
you are viewing the story as you see it in this moment in time,

Setting down the women was the act of letting go, or forgiveness, or letting go of attachments.

Carrying Unnecessary emotional clutter, the young monk was still carrying what he chose not to carry, carrying the burden of judging the old monk for breaking the rules.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

this is not a one line post

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join