It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Maps May Be Able to Track Your Every Move...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
*coughs*

Google's version is obviously 'Privacy Invasion Lite 2.0'.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wethesheeple
reply to post by chapter29

Thank god I ditched the phone. Yeah it makes it a bit harder to communicate but there are ways around it. It's a great feeling to not be dependent on the cellie. What sucks is I have one for work but that just stays in the office

It does look like it's time to ditch the mobile phones. I can't wait, people seem to think that because you own a mobile they have the God-given right to your time whenever they wish.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
This is awesome news. I've been imagining technology like this to become available for a few years now. Not sure how this contributes to being spied on though. You could just choose not to use it...

Also, regarding people freaking out about Google Earth showing the front of your house, I'd love to hear a compelling reason why it's bad. I mean, you can't phyisically stop someone driving down your street and taking a photo of it so how is this any different?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
It would be useful in a real life "Minority Report" situation where first they can read your thoughts and if you were thinking something bad (committing a crime or thinking seditious thoughts for example) then they, knowing where you were (thanks to the "chip") could send the swat team to apprehend the pre-perpetrator. (more than one poss thread here)

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I left my phone at a bar(too many pops lol) thanksgiving eve. I called the bar the following morning when I realized that i had left it there but they had no phone in their lost and found box. So I immedatly went on to sprints website to deactivate my phone. After that I noticed a little ad on their webside for cell phone gps tracking. So I checked it out and activated it. For well over a hour I had watched my phone move from one place of the house to the other by simply refreshing the page. I then zoomed out and got the cross roads and basic location and printed out the map showing my phone pinpointed to that house. I went and got it lol.

Pretty crazy. Just imagine what out lords have.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Least we be able to see where our kids are at. Also might stop rapes and murders ?

This was addressed...

And yes, of course it will provide a great service for those situations; but my concern was whether the good from this out weighed the potential privacy rights infringement that may occur with this new software...

We will probably find out rather quick how this is affects our way of life...hopefully I am wrong on this and our privacy will not be intruded upon.

But then again, if it is, we may never know it...

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
It doesn't matter much to me if my location can be tracked.

I'm not interesting enough for anyone to be looking for me anyway.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Junkheap
It doesn't matter much to me if my location can be tracked.

I'm not interesting enough for anyone to be looking for me anyway.

I understand your point here, but why give ANYONE (other than friends and family) that advantage..?

You may not think you are worthy of anyone's attention, but you may not know yourself as well as THEY do...

Regardless, I would think most people will choose to turn it on as it offers a service that family and friends can utilize daily - allowing TPTB to monitor and/or track anyone willing to upload it to their cell.

What a great way to get the public to expose themselves on a regular basis...I sure hope this doesn't get out of hand.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Well i dont own a mobile phone,which is strange for a young person in the UK supposedly...but now im happy i dont.Sad thing is people would agree to use this no problem...

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tyr Sog
I left my phone at a bar(too many pops lol) thanksgiving eve. I called the bar the following morning when I realized that i had left it there but they had no phone in their lost and found box. So I immedatly went on to sprints website to deactivate my phone. After that I noticed a little ad on their webside for cell phone gps tracking. So I checked it out and activated it. For well over a hour I had watched my phone move from one place of the house to the other by simply refreshing the page. I then zoomed out and got the cross roads and basic location and printed out the map showing my phone pinpointed to that house. I went and got it lol.

Pretty crazy. Just imagine what out lords have.

No offense, but this sounds unreasonably far fetched. I - in Australia - have NEVER heard of such a thing. You tracked your physical phone to it's location? Why do people still steal phones then? 99% stupidity like that would have wiped itself out long ago.

Now your SIM card - the little thing that contains your number and is unique - is certainly something to be concerned about *IF* you are that way inclined. As the phone itself can and does report where it is located by the very nature of cell network technology, this tied in with your sim card info CAN be used to track that particular phone. BUT you change the sim, and that goes away.

OR are you saying that your phone has a GPS transmitter installed in it that has detailed info about YOU that you can find YOUR specific phone at any given time???

No.. Sorry..

the nature of the technology was never kept hidden. And now that people in their mundane capacity are working out how it works, does not mean Conspiracy Revealed.

"You mean this car I've been driving all along runs on refined oil derived from fossil fuels? I was never told this, I was told it ran on petrol. WHAT AN OUTRAGE!!! "

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
You see, possibly, a conspiracy, I see something really frikken cool. Maybe I have a bit of the old stalker in me. This DOES seem to be sort of an "opt in" type of thing to me. I personally don't, (And have only once for a brief time) owned a cellphone, and even then, using triangulation, the authorities could have found my phone, (If not me) in no time flat. If you want the advantage of the wired world, you also have to accept the responsibilities.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join