It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Mind Over Matter Trick (video)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Yes you all get to see the infamous Rev perform a little mind over matter, far off from walking on coals, but the same concept.

And I didn't know where to post this XD

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Nice, I wll have to try that later. I will burn the hell out of my fingers but im still going to try.

Good times my friend. Good times

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Be careful.

Play with fire and you "can" be burned

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012
And I didn't know where to post this XD

Post it in "Aliens and UFO's".

Seriously though, nice clip.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I am wondering why any one is impressed by this, its callist finger over cigarette cherry, this isn't telikenetics. lol
And this is a third line

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BeyondBelow

Let's see you do it. 1.

I have no idea what you just tried to say. 2.

I never said it was pyschokinesis or chi generated. 3.

Post something intelligent next time. 4.

Wow! Can you count to 4?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I'm sorry didn't you titel this thread as mind over matter??? so isn't that exactly what you thought the video portrayed? and I am ignorant in your eyes due to my dissagreament with you? and yes I can even count to
five.
shocking I know

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

Ouch Rev! But I guess if you don't mind..it don't matter!

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Well I gotta say...this was one of the most dissapointing videos I've ever watched. I thought you would atleast put the cigarette out on some part of your body. Not just hold the cherry for like...4 seconds... Any average person w/ atleast a yr experience in construction work can pull this off.

Oh and...are we supposed to just take your word that you didn't get burned? How about a before and after shot?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Hey there! You held that for about 3 seconds. Can you do it longer?

I know that if you put your mind in it, you can do anything.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

5 seconds actually, check the time from when i first pluck it to when i throw it.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Explain to me how holding a burning cherry isn't mind over matter.

It's a baby version of walking on coals.

Let's see you hold a cherry in your fingers for 5 seconds.

Want me to crush a cherry inbetween my fingers? Would that proove it to you?

I'll do it right now at your request if you think that will proove anything.

If you say that that was not mind over matter, then what was it? A magic trick? Did it look like I put vegetable oil on my finger tips?

Come on buddy.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

No wonder you were so offended, it's your video. lol that's classic. Talk about putting somthing intelligent into it. lol

The term psychokinesis (from the Greek ψυχή, "psyche", meaning mind, soul, heart, or breath; and κίνησις, "kinesis", meaning motion; literally "movement from the mind"),[1][2] also known as telekinesis[3] (Greek τῆλε + κίνησις, literally "distant-movement"), sometimes abbreviated PK and TK respectively, is a term coined by Henry Holt[4] to refer to the direct influence of mind on a physical system that cannot be entirely accounted for by the mediation of any known physical energy.[5] Examples of psychokinesis could include distorting or moving an object,[6] or influencing the output of a random number generator.[5][7][8]

stick that in your perverbial pipe and smoke it.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
He does it way better than you!!!

Peace

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeyondBelow
I'm sorry didn't you titel this thread as mind over matter???

Title.

And, once again, it is mind over matter. Average humans cannot hold cherries, even that small, in their fingers, for any time period with out getting burnt.

Originally posted by BeyondBelow so isn't that exactly what you thought the video portrayed?

Yes it is.

"Mind over matter" was also a phrase popularized during the 1960s and 1970s. It originally was used in reference to paranormal phenomena such as extra-sensory perception and psychokinesis. However, it has also been used in reference to mind-centric spiritual and philosophic doctrines such as responsibility assumption. It is the belief that the mind is more powerful than the body. Specifically, mind over matter refers to controlling pain that you may or may not be experiencing, such as holding your hand under extremely hot water and feeling no pain. Also, "self-help" personalities such as Tony Robbins claim that, through the power of concentration and "positive thinking", people can walk on hot coals without getting burned. This claim is made despite the fact that there are solid, scientific explanations for firewalking. The phrase is present in the 2000s as well, usually used as slogan by hackers and hacker sites.

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

and I am ignorant in your eyes due to my dissagreament with you? and yes I can even count to
five.
shocking I know

I never said you we're ignorant, however, I did enstate that your knowledge of the term "Mind over matter" is incorrect.

Therefore I felt it appropriate to give you a good lashing.

[edit on 4-2-2009 by Revolution-2012]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Gladly, mind over matter would be in reference to changing moving or effective matter with the mind versus blocking a sensation such as burning with mental discipline. At leat that is my un intelligent understanding of the context used in your threads title.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

stick that in your perverbial pipe and smoke it.

Once again you've prooved yourself to be uneducated.

Did you mean, PROVERBIAL? And, if you read about, you'd quite obviouslly see that I said it has NOTHING TO DO WITH PYSCHOKINESIS OR TELEKINESIS OR CHI!

God.

I am doubting the intelligence of human life forms more and more everyday.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Are you incapable of reading?

Read my wikipedia source, please, before continueing this massive blockade of ignorance.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Rev's got tough fingers...sheesh. Give him his props! Besides if he offered to sell the video instead of just posting it then it might be questionable

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
For reference, resisting/blocking being burned is not scientifically explained either. There are explanations, but they are just theories, and they are not proven.

www.suxsess.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join