It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IDF didn't violate laws of war

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

"War crimes were not committed. Anyone who makes such a stupid, uninformed claim clearly is blinded by a personal agenda, and has zero credibility"

Shouldnt that read ..."War crimes were not committed ?". Anyone who makes such a stupid, uninformed claim clearly is blinded by a personal agenda, and has zero credibility.

Never thought you and I would agree on Israeli genocide.

link   
reply to post by dooper

As much as I respect and share your views on many matter dooper, i have to disagree with your post.

IMO it's the complete opposite. Anybody who claims war crimes were not commited, is un-informed and has a baseless un-educated idea of what went on there.

As i stated previously i don't care that it's Israelis' and Palestinians that are killing each other, it's that HUMANS are killing eachother senselessly. Furthermore if you look at the facts, the debri, the wounded, there is no evidence against the fact that they used white phosphorus shells. And even if they did not intentionally target civilians, they looked at them as collateral damage.

That to me in itself is a war crime. Hamas is no angel either. They should not be firing rockets at anybody, the fact that they continue to do so, does warrant a response by Israel. I don't expect any nation to not retaliate when being attacked. But to do so on a level this aggressive, and this destructive is criminal, pure and simple.

~Keeper

link   

Originally posted by Death Jester
reply to post by raz24400

You were watching it on TV which means you could not really tell whats going on...
this article does confirm that any civilian deaths were unintentional

raz24400 distinctly said that he watched live feeds. There were live feeds coming out of Gaza during the siege.

What this report and your statement indicates is an attempt at moving the goal posts. Regardless of whether the details are debated over and rehashed, Israel killed over 1300 hundred people and wounded and fatally wounded 5000. The legality of whether the purposeful or repeated accidental killings of civilians is considered a war crime or not is at the heart of the article.

You can of course can claim that it is ok to kill woman and children if you are Israeli but please stop the obfuscation. I think that it is worse than the crime itself!

[edit on 042828p://pm2807 by masonwatcher]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Funny.
So blocking aid and food into Gaza, so they could get Hamas fire first. Then picking off an ambulance, killing a doctors family, bombing a school, two media buildings (which have flashing lights on top to designate them from others), and an aid storage warehouse belonging to the UN. These may not be war crimes.
Also using white phosphorus on civilians is against the Geneva Conventions. while Isreal may not have signed 'Protocol 3' and are not binded by it, using such a weapon so you could watch people burn, is against a moral code that every human should have.
Further, while Isreal may say that the bombing of some places were accidental, I would think they would have the same accuracy as the US and could have better control over where their weapons land.
I do not support either side, both should be punished for thier actions.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

and what about Hamas intentionally sending rockets at civilians before israel attacked Gaza. do you think that was a war crime or are you going to defend that as well since you are anti israeli and jewish?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Collateral damage is not a war crime.

You may find it distasteful, that civilians are killed, but it's not a war crime.

You don't pull the dog's tail, you don't get bit.

Hamas was busy pulling the dog's tail, warned for an entire week, and when the dog bit, it was of course, the dog's fault.

Now, the relief that's been sent in, has apparently been confiscated by Hamas.

Israel should close the borders, wall it up, and tell them to have fun.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Ofcourse, the Nazis' just use to burn they're ghettos.....why not wall it up...hell while they're at it, they could fill it up with water too eh?

I support the right of Israel to defend it's population against rocket attacks. What i don't support is the killing of innocents and then playing them off as necessary collateral for stopping two dozen people from firing rockets.

Hamas is to blame as well, that aid was intented for civilians and they should be punished for that as well. But not at the cost of innocent life, Israel and the IDF are hailes as being one of the most advanced and well trained forces on the earth, but they can't seem to aim they're bombs in the right places?

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

reply to post by masonwatcher

and what about Hamas intentionally sending rockets at civilians before israel attacked Gaza. do you think that was a war crime or are you going to defend that as well since you are anti israeli and jewish?

If it is a war crime then it should go to the Hague. Instead of putting the question to me write to Olmert and have him employ the Israeli attorney general to go after them.

It still remains that Israel laid a siege where civilians were packed in by previous ethnic cleansing; incidentally that's another crime against humanity.

[edit on 042828p://pm2820 by masonwatcher]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by raz24400

Israel wasn`t the only country to close the border - Egypt did as well , AND when the border was opened Hamas also only wanted certain items - whilst i totally disagree with the filthy nazi regime in israel and there action in the gaza ghetto ,the use of chemcial weapons against civilians in breach of protocol 3 of the CCWC and a total breach of the CWC; where it comes to supplying of aid - other countries MUST take there own share of responsibility for closing the border.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin

and i will keep posting that picture everytime someone states israel did not commit war crimes.
these are anti rocket flares dropped by planes\helicopters to protect them from surface to air missiles..

[edit on 4-2-2009 by fatdad]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

I agree that other countries should take responsibility for closing the boarders, but in another sense i can't really blame them for not wanting this conflict to spill into they're own countries.

The last thing Syria or Egypt needs is Hamas rockets being launched from they're territory, giving Israel an excuse to commence military operations outside of Gaza.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I appreciate your stance on innocents. I really do.

If my family keeps getting struck at by vipers, I'm not going to go after the specific ones that threaten my family.

I'm going to the nest, I'm going to kill every damned one of them, including vipers that hadn't personally threatened my family YET, and then I'm going to close that viper nest down.

And you would too.

Most everyone here has never been put in that situation. Idealists are those who've never been personally shot at.

But don't worry. You're still young!

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Well thank you for giving telling a 36 yr is young that works for me !

But all jokes aside, i have lived in places were people were getting shot at on a daily basis, and have tended the wounds of refugees from fighting between militant covernments (Peace Corps-Africa). I know far too well how these things come about and what they look like from the inside perspective.

I would love to tell you all that i am just ignorant and haven't the faintess clue of what i'm talking about, but i have witnessed horrors and crimes aganist humanity, what i saw is what i see here in this conflict, and any other conflict where more than 1 life is taken in the run of a day.

I can understand your point Dooper, they "may" not have commited "official" war crimes, but don't you agree that they're stance on the issue is far too aggressive and far too non-chalant?

Your right i would go to the vipers nest and kill vipers, not the innocent birds on the branches.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by fatdad

wrong

*click for larger image*

they are WP shells

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Israel's big brother U.S. says Israel didn't commit war crimes? That's laughable.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

tothetenth, only 36? As my dad would say, "you're still a pup!"

I think it's great you were helping out in Africa. That situation is enough to make a statue weep.

My point was that when I get shot at, I take it personal.

Real personal.

I've seen friends shot, and it still doesn't equate with being shot at yourself.

You just wait until you are personally targeted. You.

Different ballgame.

In Tennessee, I had an AZ-8 hot air balloon, 105,000 cubic foot envelope. Dual 5,000,000 btu/hr burners. Hit just one, and it not only sounded like a jet engine, but the flames were spectacular. Both, and it was unbelievable.

Friend had a viper nest nearby, and it was really starting to threaten the safety of his family. There were copperheads everywhere. I brought my basket with the burners. You can imagine the rest.

We killed everything in that porous nest, and to ensure that others didn't move in and set up again, we used legal explosives and destroyed the nest.

We weren't real particular as to what all was in the nest. That porous nest simply had to go. We didn't go looking for birds, chipmunks, squirrels, nor anything else.

We destroyed the source.

Done deal.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Leto

but having Hamas a terror group say they are is not?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   

reply to post by Leto

but having Hamas a terror group say they are is not?

Red Cross, UN, Ramattan and Al-Aqsa news agencies also saw the phosphor bombs dropped.

Not to mention anyone who was watching the live coverage.

... I can't believe people are actually ignoring such blatant evidence and believing this Israeli news site's propaganda.

Of course they're going to try to say they didn't use those weapons.

What did you expect them to do? Use them, say they did, and laugh at the Geneva convention publicly?

Some people need a reality check.
How many times do you have to be lied to before you come out of this daydream of politicians being honest?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

War is war, all im saying is that nothing they did was intended to kill innocent people. BTW the UN school turned out to be propeganda of Hamas if you read the news in the last two days...

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Like the U.S.A. can be trusted with anything Israel-related, yeah right, good joke...
The killing of civilians is a war crime. Recently, another guy was convicted of war crimes for the killing of about 100 civis, or even less, can't remember and it doesnt really matter, because the real issue here, is that Israel has carte blanche to kill whoever they want and how they want.
So go on posting more ynet propaganda or american bias, like that helped solve the issues before.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join