It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Home Searched In Connection With 1982 Tylenol Killings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
This case changed the way pharmaceuticals were made.

www.thebostonchannel.com...

[edit on 4-2-2009 by LuckyStrike]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
If they find the guy who did that, it will be one of the most awesome "cold cases" ever solved.

See, you young kids don't remember, but it used to be that you could easily open pretty much any kind of drug or food right there in the store (or in your home after you bought it). There were none of these multiple layers of packaging you had to dig through to get to the product. If you wanted an aspirin, you twisted off the cap, and that was it.

This Tylenol killer changed all of that. He's one of those "ruin it forever, for everybody" guys.

It'll be interesting to see if it pans out. That was quite a while ago.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
funny,,, i just watched an old dateline or such show on this

people were scared #less

and one guy,,wrongly accused,,,life was a living hell from then on

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Its about time we get some more info on this subject.

I especially am looking at:

a man was charged with extortion in connection with the case. James Lewis, who claimed he was involved in the case, sent a letter to Johnson & Johnson demanding $1 million to stop the killings.

I was completely unaware of this, and as someone who lived during that time and who had to change their lifestyle because of this, im a little peeved that this information was available to only a select few.

Why was the public not aware that 'someone' - at the very least - claimed to be a participant and even tried to extort money?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I remember all that . That was back when we had an asprin named Aids, and when the disease hit public, they went off the shelf pretty fast!

new topics

top topics

join