It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaddafi pursues United States of Africa

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Gaddafi pursues United States of Africa

www.nationalpost.com

Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi was elected chairman of the African Union on Monday and made clear he would pursue his vision of a United States of Africa despite reluctance from many members.
He told fellow summit leaders that his project to create a united continental government would be approved at the next meeting in July unless there was a majority against it.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4-2-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
The timing of this idea/proposal i'm sure is by no accident, a global financial crisis to bring everyone together... one more step toward NWOtopia.

Approach seems a bit naive, i can't see countries jump on board as states. More likely we'll see africa united under one currency and trade agreement, similar to EU's euro, and soon approaching NAU's amero.

Besides as most of us are already fully aware...
money is really where the control/power lays anyway:

"Give me control of a nation's money
and I care not who makes the laws."
Mayer Amschel Rothschild [Mayer Amschel Bauer] (1744 -1812),
Godfather of the Rothschild Banking Cartel of Europe

www.nationalpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
As ambitious as it sounds; I don't see it plausible that all the African Nations will come to an agreement in 6 months. It took the U.S. how long for it to really become a United States - hell Khadafi wasn't exactly chosen to lead the EU this year with a wide majority, so doubtful.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by The All Seeing I

Well according to some an African union is part of the plan.
I cant find the map I'm looking for here is an older one.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by The All Seeing I
The timing of this idea/proposal i'm sure is by no accident, a global financial crisis to bring everyone together... one more step toward NWOtopia.

This is hardly a new idea. Ghaddaffi has been talking about this since the 1990's. It might actually come about as well, many African leaders support the idea, the only reason they have stalled at this latest AU meeting is because Ghaddaffi is trying to much, too fast.

It'll probably start off the same as the EU, most likely open borders and free trade. Eventually, maybe 10 years down the line, political institutions would be developed and oila, you have another USA.. Ooh, that'll be confusing....

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Here is a better more recent map.

check out the link and see who are the sponsors link

[edit on 4-2-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The EU started it and there is no doubt in my mind that other nations will follow suit and unite as well, even the US. IMO, it is the only option and power some of these countries have in order to be competitive with stronger countries and other unions that are likely to be formed.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I just don't see South Africa and Nigeria going hand in hand with the regimes of Libya and Egypt. They are literally worlds apart.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
the bottom map is almost right, except Oz and NZ phillipines/indeonesia ect are in the asia pacific union too

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
This is actually an old dream of Kwame Nkrumah if it doesnt strike me wrong?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

Did you ever think that the UK would ever be beholden to decisions taken by French and Germans? If you had said that to a Brit 50 years ago, you would have been beaten up where you stood...

Funny things happen and I really do see the US of Africa cropping up at some point...

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
...and yes, it looks like we better get U.S.A trademarked asap

Whether it be 6 months, 6 years, 6 decades ... it's just a matter of time. Looking at world affairs for the past century gives us an accurate projection for where global-governance is heading (aka globalization).

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Excuse my crude analysis, but a United States of Africa will become a blood soaked, undemocratic, poorly administrated and ineffective nation.

Gaddafi believes a United States of Africa will solve tribal and ethnic problems, economic inactivity and provide prosperous development. It will do the complete opposite. Africa currently cannot even provide basic victuals for their citizens without billions of foreign aid.

United States of Africa will become the retirement home for dictators and tribalized state governments. The isolated ray of sunshine, South Africa, will be utterly crippled and become another pseudo-democracy in Africa.

I may be fastidious and an iconoclast towards the plight of Africa, but it will be stupid and counter-productive to yield to Gaddafi's grandiose plan.

[edit on 4-2-2009 by infinite]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Excuse my crude analysis, but a United States of Africa will become a blood soaked, undemocratic, poorly administrated and ineffective nation.

Hey welcome to the fight against the NWO.

My name is SLAYER69 and I'm a recovering Sheople.

Please take a seat, there is coffee and doughnuts in the back.

[edit on 4-2-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Oh, I'm not saying it won't come into fruition, nor that it isn't part of the plan, because with all my own research done that's the next step. Just saying that Khaddafi is a bit too ambitious for his britches right now, eventually the USAfrica will become though.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Riviera

There is more chance of the colonalization by China will increase than unification of Africa. See a previous ATS thread in the archives.

That is the principle reason for a United States of Africa, the inability to govern oneself without "puppet" Western or Chinese administration. Numerous African nations are colonies in all but name.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

You hit it on the head there infinite. This is business pure and simple. Its all about the bottom line.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Factions of the Pan-Islamic State.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
IMO if the idea of a united African State if it got off the ground could only end being a massive corrupt state that de facto or openly supports genocide. Its true that the fact that political rather then tribal boundaries were drawn up post war and that Africa is made of lots of little states is a bad thing . Never the less under current conditions I just dont unified African State as the answer to that continent problems .

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I don't think this could ever happen in this day and age. If we compare to America, the only way there was able to be a united country was if all the native tribes were defeated and subdued. This would have to happen in Africa as well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join