It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lipitor and other statins are BAD FOR YOU.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I just started selling Health Insurance and during my first two days in the business I ran into two people using Lipitor and paying about $100 per month for the stuff. I had heard something about statins, the class of drugs being prescribed to lower cholesterol, having some negative side effects, so I decided to investigate.

I found this Dr. Beatrice Golomb at the University of California at San Diego who has been conducting a lengthy study on the side effects of statins. Lipitor just happens to be the best selling statin in America. Actually, Lipitor is reported to be the best selling "drug", legal drug, in the United States.

Dr. Golomb has received more than 4,000 reports of cognitive dysfunction related to the use of statins. Some of these dysfunctions were so severe they were diagnosed as Rapidly Progressing Alzheimer's Disease.

I then read an article by Dr. Julian Whitaker on Statins and Memory Loss. Then, I read another article by Dr. Duane Graveline and another by Chris Masterjohn, both about the harmful side effects of statins.

What they found is that cholesterol, manufactured in the liver and the glial cells of our brains, is absolutely crucial to the efficient operation of the brain. Our brains love the stuff. It is found in the MYELIN SHEATHS that insulate the neurons and speed up nerve conduction.

However, when we use statins to decrease the manufacture of cholesterol, we also decrease the manufacture of COENZYME Q-10, which is our body's primary energy source to our brain, heart, and muscles. Sometimes, the use of statins can reduce our Coenzyme Q-10 by as much as 50% resulting in all sorts of problems, like heart attacks!

These folks also report that the statins also have an adverse affect on our TAU protein, a protein made by our brain cells that helps maintain the strength of the brain cell structure itself.

Abnormal TAU proteins promote the formation of NEUROFIBRILLARY TANGLES that appear in the brains of patients with ALZHEIMER'S disease. Now, I'm really starting to get steamed at this point, right? Also, this abnormal TAU situation is linked to both Parkinson's disease and ALS, Lou Gehrig's Disease. Damn!

They went on to say that not a single study shows that statins are beneficial for women. Not One! We still trust our doctors, don't we? We do whatever they tell us, even when it kills us.

They also point out that statins also activate a gene signal in muscles called ATROGEN-1 which then targets key muscle proteins for destruction. This causes muscle atrophy and muscle wasting. Damn!

They claimed that the combination of this ATROGEN-1 activation coupled with the depletion of our Coenzyme Q-10 is the primary cause of CARDIOMYOPATHY, which is the serious weakening of the heart muscle.
I am really angry by now!

Brothers and Sisters, our CDC and FDA know all of this. The drug companies know it too. Most physicians should know it, but may be too busy counting their money to give a damn. Regardless, if you know anyone taking a statin like Lipitor you may want to share this information with them.

I know I am going to tell everyone I know and everyone I meet to be aware of this incredible situation. It's just one more example of the high crimes being committed by our government and big business every day in America.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Now i agree with you that this particular class of drugs is bad, i would like to stress the fact that ALL pharmaceutical drugs are harmfull and in most cases un-necessary when it comes to the field of blood pressure, cholesterol and all of these little health related problems.

There are MILLIONS of other ways to be healthy without needing these drugs. I think these drugs represent an excuse to continue living un-healthy lives and when the consequences arise we just manipulate the chemicals within our body to stop the problem.

What we don't realize is were simply compounding the problem, by taking these drugs and putting alien chemicals into our body were doing more damage than good.

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bwinwright

I remember when my doctor after receiving the cholesterol results on my test said the forbidden world "you need statins" I took my prescription and had it fill in my favorite pharmacy.

Then I went home took the statins lipidor for one week and I remember when sitting down on my couch I had this cramp on my left leg that took me by surprised.

Then as I try to go upstairs to my bedroom I could not even walk.

That is when I got in my computer research the INTERNET and found out how dangerous and horrible statin medications are.

The rest of my prescription ended in my trash can.

Now I take red rice yeast made by nature's plus as its level of the natural statin found is about the same as the synthetic one use in pharmaceutical statin drugs.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I just got on lipitor this week and I am thinking that red yeast rice is a better alternative for me...how much is it?

As far as side effects, I have been a little "hazy" since Monday...

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

I remember when my doctor after receiving the cholesterol results on my test said the forbidden world "you need statins" I took my prescription and had it fill in my favorite pharmacy.

Then I went home took the statins lipidor for one week and I remember when sitting down on my couch I had this cramp on my left leg that took me by surprised.

Then as I try to go upstairs to my bedroom I could not even walk.

That is when I got in my computer research the INTERNET and found out how dangerous and horrible statin medications are.

The rest of my prescription ended in my trash can.

Now I take red rice yeast made by nature's plus as its level of the natural statin found is about the same as the synthetic one use in pharmaceutical statin drugs.

Do a little research on red yeast rice. You are correct in its effects on chelestrol and it also lowers blood pressure. The side effect is that its extremely hard on the liver partially because of the fermentation process just like alcohol. If you are taking it consistently you should take milk thistle along with it, with at least a 20% standardized sylimarin content to protect your liver. I was raised on natural cures and have studied them extensively. Stay healthy and best of luck.

Yes all created chemical substances are dangerous and often have worse side effects than what they are supposed to counteract. Statins also have the ability to cause dangerously low blood pressure when combined with certain foods.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I can't take statins, nor can anyone on Mom's side of the family.

Was put on Zocor for a month, and had a massive de-myelinating episode, which took about two months to get over.

Now I use niacin and ProFibe, which get the job done just as well, if not better, according to my lipid profile.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

What dosage are you taking on each?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MarshMallow_Snake

Started off with 500mg niacin at night before bed, and maybe a third scoop of profibe in water morning and night.

I'm up to 1g niacin at night, and a half scoop of profibe morning and night, about to go for a full scoop. You can't go fullbore off the bat on either one or you'll regret it.

Also, I got my local sawbones to do a cmp before starting niacin and at the 1 and 3 month checkpoints to make sure I wasn't ripping my liver out. Some people can't take niacin. You likely shouldn't take that much of "no flush" inositol nicotinate, and I'm not sure it works as well as "oh my god i'm burning" niacin. Niaspan is good too, but it's pricey, and off-the-shelf time release (not IN) niacin is likely the same stuff as niaspan.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

The brain is 90% cholesterol...
...so what happens when you artificially reduce cholesterol?
(think Alzheimer's)

Where do cows get cholesterol?
They make it from grass.

Your body makes its own cholesterol...
...if you try and reduce your dietry intake your body adjusts and makes more...
...it is produced as part of a feedback system that involves the structure of cell membranes, sugars, insulin and your liver acting to convert excess sugar levels to fat...
...so you can't lower cholesterols by drugs or a low cholesterol diet...
...if the feedback mechanism is 'out of wack' you will simply keep producing more than you need.

The only way to reduce cholesterol levels is to change your cell membranes...
...this can only be done by eating good oils/fats...
...so that as cells turn-over new healthy membranes are produced.

It is caused by the same feedback mechanism as diabetes type 2.

For more information see...
Deadly Diabetes Deception
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 2/4/10 by troubleshooter]

new topics

top topics

join