It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If a food crisis hits, would you turn in your guns for food?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I was thinking about the different ways gun confiscation would be attempted. Just banning guns isn't necessarily going to get rid of the problem, it seems to me that causing a food shortage would force the hands of many Americans, especially those with a few mouths to feed. Maybe one would get an increased amount of rations in exchange for their guns, this way you would have your fellow citizens trying to steal your guns in order to turn them in for food to feed their families.

It works in 'their' favor on multiple levels, so I ask again, would you turn in your guns for food?

Peace

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
of course i would and will if i must

to care over a kid is more important as anybodyelse life...

Nia

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
....guns for food? Too many use guns to kill for food.
You trade in your gun for an amount of rations then when the food runs out your defenseless and hungry.

if it came down to it the ones that traded ther firearms in would be getting robbed of their food from the ones that were sitting around thinking "hey!~ instead of trading our guns in we can just take food from the defenseless....."?.

[edit on 4-2-2009 by Unknownsoul]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
@ unknownsoul
sorry but who?
they kill for oil and diamonds and gold.
those who have no food.. kill yes.. but not for food. they kill for the weapons they get from the other funny nations.

;-)
NW

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
No Way. I will just get used to eating tasty small game(rodents) and the occasional neighborhood cat.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
No.

I would go into the wild and use the guns feed myself.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unknownsoul
if it came down to it the ones that traded ther firearms in would be getting robbed of their food from the ones that were sitting around thinking "hey!~ instead of trading our guns in we can just take food from the defenseless....."?.

Remember I said it would work in 'their' favor on multiple levels. If what you say were to happen, 'they' would have broader public support for kicking in everyone's door to "protect" the defenseless people. See where I'm coming from?

Peace

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a little story:

You and your family (your wife or man and your kids) life in a house in the nature. You are happy to be there, cause out there in the big world is war. You are safed, cause you have food. You have animals and plants. You are safed.
But..
Someday a guy comes and say to you:
"Dear friendly sir/lady! I can see you nice home. I can see the food you have. ...
LEAVE NOW! OR DIE!
EVERYTHING IS MINE NOW!
STAY OR DIE!" (and hold a gun into your mouth.)

???
what would you do?
There is no police or military or somebody who will help you.
There is only you and the strange guy who will kill you for food.

I guess you would take your gun (or take the gun of the guy :lol
and shoot.
To safe.. and to overlife. you and your family.

My thoughts.. YES. i would take a weapon for food

Nia Wind O

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
It's a hard question to answer. I've been stocking up on food these past few weeks in fear that it will become scarce. The problem is it's difficult to know how long the food shortage would be for. A few months yeah i'm fine but longer than 2-3 months and the options start to become limited.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

I would use my guns to get food if the situation was for survival. I hate to say it, i usually promote piece but in times of war within one's own country, fighting for survival is not a crime.

That being said, if the situation was one of non-violence but a shortage of food, then yes i would trade them in, if i did not have any use for them.

Can't feed ourselves with bullets now can we?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

I sure would. I would do whatever it took to appease my government, and comply with the law.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by NW111
@ unknownsoul
sorry but who?
they kill for oil and diamonds and gold.
those who have no food.. kill yes.. but not for food. they kill for the weapons they get from the other funny nations.

;-)
NW

Really? sounds like something the media would tell you.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

Originally posted by Unknownsoul

Remember I said it would work in 'their' favor on multiple levels. If what you say were to happen, 'they' would have broader public support for kicking in everyone's door to "protect" the defenseless people. See where I'm coming from?

Peace

Wheres the public support for gangs kicking in your doors? we cant stop them all
.......< But a small step can end with a big change

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Unknownsoul

Actually I should have been more clear, my bad. I meant "soldiers and federalized police" kicking in everyone's door.

Peace

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
posted by Unknownsoul

""Really? sounds like something the media would tell you.""

same place where you got your infos

Nia

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I personally would not.

A full belly, temporarily, would not be nearly as valuable as the means to obtain your own food and protect your family or property.

Not only that, many other, less important, possessions could easily be traded should currency become worthless.

As for the whole gun ban thing, the Fed's would have to ditch the 2nd amendment and the constitution first. If that happens, I don't think they'll be in any position to be giving out Rations.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this thread is an attempt by federal agents to gather a list of those individuals who will resist when they come for our guns, then yes, yes I would.

I would cower down upon my knees, and be grateful to lick the jackboots of those who so generously allow me to feebly stand in line with my mouth open and my hands out.

Peace

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach him how to fish and he eats for the rest of his life.

Hunting and gathering is in our nature as human beings. As long as I can hunt, I can eat.

A deer will provide meat for up to 6 months (depending on the size).

Out here in cajun country, we have no problems with bagging our own food stores, or growing them for that matter.

A well armed neighborhood that works together will fend off any gang, even make the military think twice about slaughtering civilians - especially when you offer the military a hot meal :-)

Best thing to be doing right now - get to know your neighbors, know how they think and form a close community that works together for the betterment of all. Waiting until TSHTF is too late to start!

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by lernmore
If this thread is an attempt by federal agents to gather a list of those individuals who will resist when they come for our guns, then yes, yes I would.

I would cower down upon my knees, and be grateful to lick the jackboots of those who so generously allow me to feebly stand in line with my mouth open and my hands out.

Peace

I won't try to convince you that I have nothing to do with the feds because I don't think it would work. My history of posting speaks for itself.

Regardless, that made me laugh.

Peace

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

No, the answer is simply no. I would, instead, turn to my guns for food. That would be easier for me to do.

new topics

top topics

join