It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Prime Minister - "World in Depression"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Well in the biggest Freudian Slip to date on the state of the World Economy, Gordon Brown whilst in Prime Minister Questions today at the Houses of Parliment, discussing the British and World Economy and the attempts by Pan Continent Government bodies through the Dohar Agreement and such like that it would,

take the world out of Depression

Gordon Brown appeared to acknowledge for the first time today that the world economy was heading for a 1930s-style “depression”.

Mr Brown stumbled slightly over his words at Commons question time, just a week after admitting that Britain was facing a “deep” recession.

Times Online

If they follow this course, and not "protectionism".

This is being hotly debated as many see the Obama and US plans to offer favouritism to US corporations and Companies in the proposed Obama Bailout package, of leading the world towards the issues faced in the 1930's, which eventually with foreign policy reflecting that stance to led to the Rise of Hitler and WW2.

As Brown is known to have gone to Bilderberg meetings, and is keenly trying to shepherd world leaders into a Centralised Solution for this economic situation, and as far as I know Obama has not attended I find this very very interesting, and to be honest probably a big nightmare to for the American secret service?

It has been totally rebutted since by the PM's spokespeople as a Gaffe, or slip of the tongue, However what I find interesting is that this was a true Freudian slip, he started to say

R ....

For Recession and changed himself the wording, so the truth surfaced and the Spin and lies did not control him on that one word.

It is obviously as everyone knows with comments such as

worst crisis for a century
and such like that has been admitted by the government already, a depression we are in, as Keynes said

By the time you see the whites of the eyes of a Recession/Depression it's six months into it already
discussing the reality we see of such events out there in the real world, and their true starting points.

So as we are admittedly having the worse crisis for 100 yrs, and in that time the world had one of the worlds worst and certainly most widespread depression, with this slip of honesty from the PM may as well admit it all guys.

The D... word is about to become discussed openly and there is no deny where we are at by even the most enthusiastic of denier's.

During question time Brown told David Cameron: "We should agree, as a world, on a monetary and fiscal stimulus that will take the world out of depression."

and also as the meaning is ambiguous in itself, maybe this is the turning of the tide in "labelling" of the current event:

There is no precise, technical definition of a depression, but it is a severe form of recession, marked by a prolonged period of high unemployment, such as the world experienced in the 1930s.

Gaurdian

The speech , and his obvious intent and changing from RRR to D can be seen here:

On Monday, Treasury Financial Secretary Stephen Timms warned the country was "facing some of the harshest economic conditions for decades, perhaps for a century".

BBC

Pretty Obvious to me, we are about 1/3 of the fall left to go, or slope down in output, productivity, share values, property Values UK and US etc, with about 1/3rd of the way on Job Losses and company foreclosures gone until the bottom is reached.

Then flat for at least 3yrs prob 5-7, and hopefully a faster rise then than Japan suffered in the eraly 90's and had not really recovered from when this started.

Oh unless of course as usual they Cull the unemployed, steal all the money and gold, in-debt the next generation more and increase their land grab and shares in the Military by creating a New World War.

Take your pick, live in a Tent, beg for food, or fight for uncle Sam or Queen and Country.

Kind regards,

Elf

[edit on 4-2-2009 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I wouldnt take much notice of what ''Our Dear Leader'' Gordon Brown says .... he is a bumbling fool and very much yesterday's man .... his time is limited.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
It is worse than simply a depression like in 1930s.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoInfoAvailable
It is worse than simply a depression like in 1930s.

You can say that again to be sure,

It is going to be the worst depression the world has ever known IMHO and the implications for us, our children, and children's children, the environment, chance or World War are absolutely beyond anything most people realise in their cotton wool inward looking cocoons

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Did he say the world was IN a depression or that it was headed that way?
There's a big difference.
The world is NOT in a depression. YET.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Flyers he said that unless protectionism was dropped and we all went for the Dohar etc, acted in a centralised way to stop this

out of a depression

...inferring from his rant that only centralised co ordinated efforts could bring the world out of a depression, he said it in an oddly past tense sort of way.

Kind Regards,

Elf

[edit on 4-2-2009 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wotan
I wouldnt take much notice of what ''Our Dear Leader'' Gordon Brown says .... he is a bumbling fool and very much yesterday's man .... his time is limited.

He certainly is, but who is take the reigns?

Public School Boy Cameroon, who is so much spin he rides to the commons for a photo op, and has a chaffeured car carrying his papers behind him?

Another member of New Labour?

Brown is here now, but the legacy of his policies and decisions now will affect the generations to come, and all of our life choices.

Kind Regards,

Elf.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Sorry i've been doing a bit of menatl word play:

seperation, industrialisation, education, intergration, legislation, civilization, liquidization, Congregation, domination

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MCoG1980

Sorry i've been doing a bit of menatl word play:

seperation, industrialisation, education, intergration, legislation, civilization, liquidization, Congregation, domination

Hey this is fun.

Postulation, Capitulation, Flocculation, Flatulation

You know whats really funny is that people are surprised by this. It isn't like the media hasn't been stating the D word now for weeks

Castration, Modification, Insemination.

[edit on 4-2-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I agree that we are in the early stages of a serious and long economic depression. What amazes me is the people out here that are clueless! I mean totally in their own world and think the President will take care of it all. I suppose in the UK they would think the PM would take care of it all.

It enrages me that friends already behind the 8 ball are still spending money and extending more and more credit with no thought of what is coming.
Does anyone else feel some sort of need to exercise restraint here besides the people here on ats? It just amazes me that some people really cannot see what is coming.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhead57
It just amazes me that some people really cannot see what is coming.

Good points,

It reminds me of Addictions.

Denial.

Until people face their addiction to the consumer society they will be in denial about the risk to themselves, like drugs/alcohol can kill people, and that they have a problem in the first place.

I just hope more people take an honest look soon, or their addiction could lead them to the same situation that leads a successful business person to loosing it all on the spin of a wheel or "one more line" and getting sacked next day.

Both and this to can lead to homelessness hunger and real lifelong effects that the "high" or feel good factor of now always hides.

Kind Regards,

Elf

new topics

top topics

join