It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there any evidence to support the existence of hellboy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
When the first hellboy movie was just about to be released, a television show featuring the son of one of the supposed military officials who were on site upon finding hellboy showcased what seemed to be horn of some kind and also the original picture displaying the unit of men and their incredible find. Since then I have always been intrigued by whether something like this could be true. I have tried time and time again to find clips from this show on you tube and other sites but to no avail. I do remember the picture being somewhat blurred and the man would not turn over the horn for tests because he feared for the implications it would have should it all be true; but either way if anyone else saw this show or has any info on this I would greatly appreciate hearing it.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Sure if you find comic books, and movies as credible sources, other than that just an interesting story.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Are you for real with this post? WHat happend to real constructive debate of tangible conspiracy and events on ATS? and the answer would be no, never, not a shred of evidence. Thats like asking if Batman was a real guy back in the 60's. Come on ..... please

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by truthsearch

Not Hellboy in himself, so to speak, but I believe you possibly find other details familiar, and therefor connecting it to Hellboy as a person, if I would take a guess.

For instance, Razputin and the rumours that he wasn't Human. The Nazi's working with the Ocult, and the horns reminding you of the horned skulls that from time to time in History have been found, only to be snatched and "disappear" soon after the discovery of them.

Just a guess, as I said.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Sorry if i have offended the "true ATS" members with my original post? However, if an idea is incorporated into a movie or comic book does that make it totally untrue? Yes Batman is totally made up......but also totally awesome, and yes the whole comic book series seriously casts a skeptical shadow over the idea BUT you wouldnt discredit Independance day would you? Def not! All i'm saying is that if I can find many people who have even heard of the picture i made a reference to earlier then why not make an inquiry to that affect?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightchild

Thank you NIGHTCHILD for not shooting me down! And I have done the research on Rasputin.........This Guy Was Insane by the way! But the sudden disapearance of horned skulls I have never heard of. That one i will definitely look into........thanks again

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Hello there friend

I see that you are new here, I would just like to welcome you to our community.

Congratulations on your first thread btw

Dont let some of the replies in here put you down, as you can see from Revs reply your not the first one to ask this question .

Although i dont believe there was a real "Hellboy" there is a old saying that In Every Story There Is A Sliver Of Truth, Not saying that Hellboy is or ever was real as he was portrayed in the movie but there might be some fact in that movie, regardless of what it is .

Just a reminder that the search function on your button panel in the rightish quarter of it is an extremely useful tool for checking if someone has posted the same ideas you have or if you are looking for answers on a certain subject .

Feel free to U2U one of the mods should you seek guidance on anything, and be sure to have a run through the TnC (Terms and conditions).
I can also be reached Via U2U if you need any help with anything .

Practice makes perfect and everyone was new at one point so dont feel embarrassed about anything .

Welcome to ATS again and you have made an important step in becoming a contributing member to our site .

Omega

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Wow! I'm not really sure what to do from here. I found pics of those skulls with the horns and they were stolen never to appear again. Pretty interesting also was the skeletons being 7 ft tall and the year estimated when they were buried....1200 AD. Here is the info:

Human skulls with horns were discovered in a burial mound at Sayre, Bradford County, Pennsylvania, in the 1880's. Horny projections extended two inches above the eye-brows, and the skeletons were seven feet tall, but other than that were anatomically normal. It was estimated that the bodies had been buried around A.D. 1200. The find was made by a reputable group of antiquarians, including the Pennsylvania state historian and dignitary of the Presbyterian Church (Dr. G.P. Donehoo) and two professors, A.B. Skinner, of the American Investigating Museum, and W.K.Morehead, of Phillips Academy, Andover, Massachusetts. The bones were sent to the American Investigating Museum in Philadelphia, where they were later claimed to have been stolen and have never been seen again
Pursuit, 6:69-70, July 1973 Mysteries of the Unexplained, p. 39 1992

This Is the site for the picture i'm referring to! ENJOY NON BELIEVERS!!!

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
i doubt it,,,but that movie rocks

he's a badass,, but likeable and funny to boot

man,,, now i want to watch it

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Could it possibly be this picture ? I remember seeing these ones in old ufo books from the early 80`s

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by scottishhuman

I'm sorry, but that photo looks faked. I don't think HellBoy is real, personally. But, you never know!

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
whoa, whoa, whoa... back up... Your saying Batman isn't based on a real guy???

pfft, that's like someone telling me the force is just the product of George Lucas imagination.

actually, Mike Mignola (the wonderful creator of Hellboy) is quite the folklore and supernatural enthusiast. Frequently, in the course of his Graphic novels he uses real world folklore and superstition.

An example of this would be Baba Yaga

en.wikipedia.org...

www.darkhorse.com...

Great Post!! IMO

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeyondBelow
Are you for real with this post? WHat happend to real constructive debate of tangible conspiracy and events on ATS? and the answer would be no, never, not a shred of evidence. Thats like asking if Batman was a real guy back in the 60's. Come on ..... please

The ignorance plague has spread...as Beyond says really? I mean honestly? Come on give us something better than this. Fail thread is fail as they say.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I think he thought it might be credible because of the Nazi mysticism aspect of the first movie. There were Nazi mystics, but, as far as I know, no Hell Boy.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
why would you go out of your way to post in this thread?
If you think the topic is inane, that's more than fair enough. The OP wasnt asking you exclusively. There's plenty of ATS for everyone.

Perhaps, a better title would have been, is the character Hellboy taken from any urban myth or folklore?

Another thought is the OP may have been baiting you. In which case, you fell for it!
I just dont see why you should scold someone because you think their post is beneath you. There's plenty of other forums on the internet, if you feel inclined to belittle in order to...well, whateverbenefit you arise from doing such.
Maybe,you feel this thread is in the wrong place?? Fair enough.but thats not what you said.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Probably not in folklore around the world but if you dig around mass media, you might find some information on them.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Hellboy, Abe Sapien, Liz Sherman, etc. are creations of Mike Mignola.
The BPRD (Bureau of Paranormal Research and Defense) however, is based on actual conspiratorial ideas.

During WWII Hitler funded a group called the Thule Society which specialized in paranormal research and applications for the Nazi regime. The United States had its own Thule counter department but specifications were kept extremely under wraps even to this day. Hellboy was spawned as a fictional retaliation against these Nazi tactics as entertainment.

The Thule Society attracted about 250 followers in Munich and about 1,500 in greater Bavaria. Followers of this society were extremely focused on the occult and its applications in wartime scenarios. Mike Mignola used this mentality as a backdrop for his fictional comic characters.

Mignoal based Hellboy and the BPRD on a hypothetical retaliation against the Thule society. There are actually United States funded government agencies that specialize in paranormal research but none of which will come forth and reveal its findings to the genral public.

[edit on 14-2-2009 by Cranston]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by nastalgik
The ignorance plague has spread...as Beyond says really? I mean honestly? Come on give us something better than this. Fail thread is fail as they say.

Your telling me its spread, so has the trolling plague it would seem.

If you are just gonna stick your nose in here to have a stab at the OP and/or the Thread ( Which is the OPs first btw ) I recommend you save the server space that could be used for something constructive and, quite simply Dont Bother.

Not only does it piss people off,its blatant trolling and is against the TnC.

That goes for you and any future posters that wanna respond purely to have a go at the Thread or the OP.

People that jump up on there high horse like that get there asses knocked off by oncoming branches .

Wake up to yourselves .

Fail thread is fail as they say

They say the same about fail posters. . .

====================@ Everyone else:========================

Theres some awesome info in this thread people its makes for good reading

Its good to see most of us are setting a great example of how to post on the boards

I think anything to do with the Thule society is fascinating.

Omega

[edit on 16/2/2009 by Omega85]

new topics

top topics

join