It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woke up paralysed, shadowy figure in my room

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
OK this has been very unexpected and I am still shaking from something which happened to me in the early hours of the morning. I can't tell you what time it was but I woke up after I would estimate a few hours sleep. I wake up, I am on my back and can't move anything except my eyes. The room is eerily silent with no one else in the house, the wind outside could not even be heard (we have strong winds in the UK this time of year).

After absorbing this very strange atmosphere I notice something moves from the corner of the room. It was like the dark shadows in the corner of my room moves themselves, very very slowly. The minute I saw this coming a sense of dread filled me, I can't really explain it but the feeling was there. After I would estimate a minute I noticed the shadows formed the shape of a person, at least I think it is. It is a dark figure and I can't see any details but his upper body stood upright and is as if he's facing me. I was full of fear, trying desperately to move but feel like I've been strapped to my bed but I can't move. I tried to shout or whisper, but I can't. I move my eyes away from this figure long enough to think I've imagined it, but when I move my eyes back he is moving closer, and closer.

In the final moments I felt like I was going to see the face of this person, and for reasons I'm not sure I didn't want to see it. I was covered in sweat. What happened next I wasn't sure, but I felt I woke up again and nothing was there. I could move and checked the room and the rest of the house at 4.20am. Nothing.

What the hell just happened?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
This will happen again in 3 months and again for a long time you got abducted by aliens. The same will not happen to any of your family. You have a power

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I have had stuff like this happen to me before.

Burn some sage, and recite some positive prayers, it is perfect for cleansing the energies in your room and you shouldn't be bothered again.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by KIRKSTERUK

This sounds extremely scary. I did a quick search and found this.

Sleep paralysis is the experience of waking up (usually form a dream) and feeling paralyzed, except for being able to breathe and move the eyes. Hypnogogic hallucinations and sleep paralysis may occur together. These conditions are common in people with narcolepsy but can also effect others, particularly people who are sleep-deprived. Although a pretty terrifying event, these events are not physically harmful. There are two major types of sleep paralysis: common (typical) also known as CSP and hallucinatory (hypnagogic) sleep paralysis known as HSP.
www.nightterrors.org...

I'm not saying this is what you encountered but I hope it helps. I'll watch this thread.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
this was a night terror no doubt, my brother has night terrors

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
This is called sleep paralysis. It happened to me 2 times when I was about 16 years old. I'm now 18 and it never happened again.

There is no alien or super naturel stuff in that... Do some research and you will how it work...

When you sleep your body is paralysed, it's normal. Sleep paralysis happen right after your asleep or right before you are going to wake up. I don't know the words in english to describe the different stage of sleeping, but it happen between two stage...

I hope you understand what I mean.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Our faith in science makes the sleep paralysis and hypnogogic hallicinations sound very plausible, and we pat ourselves on the back for being so smart to be able to explain something abstract with logic.

However, I guarantee you that everyone who has adopted this theory has never had these experiences. I'm not saying it can't help explain certain situations, but it's like saying every UFO sighting is simply swamp gas. In other words, understand that science has its strengths, but it is by no means an all encompassing ideology.

KIRKSTERUK, I had a similar experience once with a shadowy figure at the end of my bed, but instead of becoming scared, I entered what felt like a deep meditative state. I started getting this strange feeling in the back of my head, and then the shadow being asked if I could feel it. I responded that I could and then that was it. I haven't been able to make much sense of it and have never had a similar experience after that.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
There are several threads on ATS relating to this phenomenom.

I have also experienced this and can tell you that I was wide awake before

I felt the pressure on my chest and the dark thing pinned me to the bed.

Do a search to find these threads that many have contributed to on ATS and also research the following:

hypnogocic states; sleep paralysis; incubus and sucubus.

After experiencing this several times for a duration of perhaps 3 months several years ago, I do NOT believe it is sleep paralysis. That is just a too easy way of trying to explain the UNexplainable, usually by people that have NEVER experienced it.

My husband was also pinned face down on one occasion and could not move as he could hear me and was trying to turn and help me. I was pinned on my back, each of us not knowing the other was awake. He thought I was having a violent dream.

I find it very difficult to belive that sleep paralysis can effect two people at the same time in the same bed.

res

[edit on 4-2-2009 by resistancia]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Frightening indeed! This reminds me a lot of a bad dream I had when I was a few years younger. Strangely, I do remember very similar stories being discussed at school. So I'm not sure if this is a normal experience or not.

Basically the "experience" is you being held down and silenced against your will. It feels like some other force is actively preventing you from moving or saying anything, or screaming. One of the worst aspects of this whole thing - besides knowing if it is indeed real or just a dream - is the feeling of how alone you really are at that time. No matter how hard you try, you can't get anyone's attention or help.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

My friend there are many things that could have happened to you.... Aliens for one or what Im thinking is you've met a spirit. Please let me know what else happens if anything else does

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I suggest you read "The Threat" by David Jacobs, it will explain a lot.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Ive had this happen to me once about 12 years ago and never again since, Im not sure what to make of it even to this day, Sleep Paralysis? Maybe. But the feeling that somemone else is there is so real and strong you just dont really know what to believe.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

ive had that experince too no you wernt abducted i saw a show on discovery channel about this it could be sleep Paralysis or a ghost my uncle is into black magic and he told me about an expeirence that he woke up with a cold foot in his mouth he wasnt able to move his body or arms but he said he bit into the foot as hard as he could and it went away please keep me updated because its happened to me but i never felt anyone or saw anything i tried to call for help but my voice was low and sounded like mumbling

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Forget the prayers, your not being abducted, next time try starting to move your head side to side and gradually your body then when you are able to move - turn onto your side - sorted

Or better still dont fall to sleep on your back!

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
OK this thing came back. I#m too tired to respond right now but will do it later. Alcohol has been my friend trying to forget whats going on.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Hi to all, this is my first post on this great site, sorry for my bad English.

Back To Topic:

I got similar experience, called sleep paralyze, 6-7 times in my life. First time i was scared, try to move but can't, try to scream, but can't. I can't remember that I seen someone in my room, but I got feeling that I am not alone in my room. Finally, that was over and I turn on light, TV etc.

I didn't know what is it until I read about that on web sites.

But, last time, when it happened, I try not to panic, just to continue to sleep to see what will be. Nothing happened, I continue to sleep, can't remember anything strange. I didn't get that sleep paralyze from that last time when I just ignore that.

I wait to see will that happened again.

Again, sorry for bad English.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
The sleep paralysis and shadowy figure are classic signals that you were about to have an Out of body experience. Scary but really nothing to worry about. This is actually quite a common experience for first time OBEers.

OBE expert Robert Bruce referes to this type of experience as the "dweller on the threshold".

Quote from RB's site www.astraldynamics.com

Dweller On The Threshold: A harmless but disturbing (often frightening) manifestation, where a projector is confronted by a dark, threatening being, immediately after they exit their physical body during an OBE. Also see: Elementals, Astral Noise, Astral Wildlife.

[edit on 18-2-2009 by randisbeard]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Hiyas.

I recently had a similar thing happen to me and i will explain what happened.

I woke up from a quick nap and the room was dark i could see the tv i left on. Then what seemed to be my brother came in to my room. Straight away i could tell this person was pretending to be my brother , movement was totally different and it was making me very uneasy , i tried to get up but couldn't move , or say anything. This impostor seemed to notice my uneasiness and was carrying a 'Giant Foam Hand' my brother had when he was a younger boy. Infact we all had one at one stage. The impostor wanted me to stick my hand in the giant foam hand , and i was a little frightened by it... he was trying to reassure me it would be fine.. signaling to slip my hand in..

And that's it... i cant remember what happened after that but it was major sleep paralysis.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Sounds like a sodium/potassium imbalance with a vitamin c deficiency. Try this unless you actually liked the experience. Eat a banana and an orange every day, at least one hour before bedtime and no more than four hours before bedtime for the next month. And what I am about to say isn’t tongue in cheek or meant to be flippant, lay off the X or weed if you aren’t using X.

Using X, seems to be a common factor recently with sleep paralysis, and some chronic going around may be laced with X. If that isn’t your situation, just disregard everything past the banana and orange. Still recommend the banana and the orange for your health though.

E.T.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

You know what is strange, I thought I was the only one this happen to. It happen sort of the same way it happen to you but I heard strange voices in my left ear of multiply people and I could feel the presents of a dark figure in my room. Then I heard a voice that sounded like a demon laughing in my ear all I could move was my eyes. Truthful speaking I was scary as hell I thought i was dieing. Then I remember how power I heard JESUS name was. I admit I did not believe it to much at first but I remember I could not even move my mouth at all, but some how I mumble GOD HELP ME matter of fact i did not move my lips I said it with my tongue. Then it was like the weight of the world off my shoulders. I do not care if you do not believe cause if you do not it could happen to you and when it do you know what to do.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join