It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Man hands out cash in New York"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Imagine getting £35 for doing absolutely nothing. Well in New York, a man is giving away stacks of cash to anyone who's prepared to stand in line for it.

Link: news.bbc.co.uk...

Hello all,

Not sure if this has been posted already, I did a search a couldn't find anything so apologies if its already been covered.

Just thought its a little strange to hand out free cash to strangers on the street, I know it does say in the article that its possible the bloke is trying to promote his business.

But surely if thats the case then there's easier ways to do it!

We could be really paranoid and make out the man has a hidden agenda...

What do you all think?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
i think that the guy near the end of the article is a fool. He said he's going straightaway to buy some McDonalds. WTF. He stood in the line, for goodness knows how long, and gets a little cash. And decides to go get a big mac?

It's whatever, but i myself don't think it's right, if some dude is handing out loot, i'd have at least spent it on something that would really help. But maybe dude got really hungry standing in line.

i myself would have scammed dude. Yeah i know, sounds hypocritical, but i never said noone should scam him. i woulda came up with the best damn story anyone has ever heard while standing in that line. If my paranoia even let me stand in line in the first place. Sounds fishy, but only because nobody stands around handing out money.

"Sir, i lost my job 2 months ago, my landlord was kind enough to let me be late on my $900 rent for the last three months, but he's gotta eat to ya know. And now he's trying to collect, and my little sister and me have nowhere to go if we don't pay the rent. Whats worse is this is the last month for our food stamps and she's just a freshman in high school, she has to eat. If it was just me, that would be ok, but i have her to worry about. God bless you sir, $3500, God bless you."
i live with my parents. and i have no sister.

Love and Peace

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
it costs a lot of money to run an international advertising campaign.

making people line up for free money gets international media attention and gets people talking, which is a really good advertising.
plus you get a really good ethical reputation.

most importantly, it costs less than one set of national tv and radio ad's yet is probably very, very stimulating to the local economies.

great stuff.

new topics

join