It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is smarter?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The Speaker of the US House, Nancy Pelosi or a hundred pound sack of rocks?
I think the rocks have it hands down.

Just in case there are some who view this thread that voted for "Change you can believe in" a little FYI, There are only 305 million people in the USA, give or take.

Roper

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
"Every month that we do not have an economic recovery package, 500 million Americans lose their jobs."

I'm one of those Obama voters and I'm smart enough to figure out that she meant thousand instead of million. I'm sorry you couldn't.

This is news??? Please.

PS. I can't stand Pelosi, but to make her out to be stupid because of a verbal misstep is really pretty worthless. She's stupid for a lot of other reasons.

[edit on 4-2-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Good evening Benevolent Heretic.

She wanted to say 500 thousand? That is still an out and out lie.

What I'm trying to get across is these people in D.C. are just like her. They just say what ever comes to them and then try to make laws that harm you and me.

What the DCer want is you and me on our knees, facing DC and begging for more gruel.

If there is 1/2million people a month, then it's the governments doing.

Government is to big and it will fall in on it's self and crush us all.

Could this be a little subliminal fear? There are people in this country who don't know whats going on and don't care but on hearing her statement, wouldn't they think that all is lost?

Just let the market work and this down turn won't be as long or hard.

Roper

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I stand corrected, at least for Jan,09.

Jobless rate jumps to 7.6 percent, 598K jobs lost
Employers slash 598,000 jobs in Jan., most since `74; unemployment rate bolts to 7.6 percent
Jeannine Aversa, AP Economics Writer
Friday February 6, 2009, 9:22 am EST
Yahoo! Buzz Print WASHINGTON (AP) -- Recession-battered employers eliminated 598,000 jobs in January, the most since the end of 1974, and catapulted the unemployment rate to 7.6 percent. The grim figures were further proof that the nation's job climate is deteriorating at an alarming clip with no end in sight.

Roper, the red faced one.

new topics

top topics

join