It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If I hear this word ONE MORE time I will GO CRAZY!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
RECESSION,RECESSION,RECESSION,RECESSION,RECESSION,RECESSION aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Yes I know our country and the world are in troubled times and I clearly do not have to explain why, but for some reason the word just irks me when I hear it now.

Im 27 years old so please keep in mind my age when I continue this rant.

Some examples of this which bother me the most is that people use it for an excuse for everything!

Me "Hey lets go get some coffee"
Friend "Its a recession I can not afford coffee"

Do you really need to add recession into that statement???

Another example

Sportscaster 1

"Its a recession and Manny Ramirez just turned down a 25 million dollar offer for 1 yr."

Sportscaster 2

"Looks like the recession is not affecting Manny Ramirez and he will wait for better offers"

I am sure I am not the only one who has experienced this and no way am I trying to hide the fact that the world is in economic turmoil.....JUST PLEASE STOP THE Unnecessary and excessive USAGE OF THIS WORD!! AND STOP USING IT FOR SYMPATHY!!! (which is another way I see it being used)

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Does depresion sound better?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
OK...... Depression...... Is that better for you?

Truth is their trying to convince you that it's only a recession.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I am not only talking about the media here. I can hear the word used at work excessively, via my friends, family. Just stop. Before it was oh I can't do this because I am broke, or because I just paid my phone bill, now its I can't do this because the recession has made me this or made me that. Why can't you just say what you would have said before.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Scare people into giving all the money they have as a group to the richest people. Repeat ad-nauseum until everyone is so scared they believe it and won't argue the stupidity of giving all their money to those who created the problem to begin with.

There is no depression. No matter how many times you say it, 7.2% unemployment is NOT a depression. A depression is your country losing 45% of its GDP, not just slowing that GDP's growth down from increasing at 4%/yr to 1%/yr.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by scanepchi

They dont just say what they would have before, "I'm broke" because now they know WHY they are broke. The recessi.......errrr... economic downturn.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by scanepchi

Yes it is annoying but that's just another word that falls under Taxes

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I don't say "I can't go out, I don't have money because of the recession."
I say "I can't go out, I don't have money because the economy is so bad."

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
i sometimes slip sublinimal messages in when i talk to people (not on purpose though), its all about repeating the word at a level where the subject doesn't need to identify it conciously anymore. Can you count how many times you heard and seen the word conciously?

[edit on 4-2-2009 by Unknownsoul]

new topics

top topics

join