It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question on seeing the aura

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Ok I am kind of new at this. I want to know have any of you seen the whole aura and how long did it take you before you could see it. I've been practicing and I can only see the estheric. I think I�m trying to hard. If I have had a good long sleep and wake up in the morning I can see it very clear. I can also feel my self with in my own aura shell. Does any one know of any exercises that I can do to develop this ability.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Well you may be further along than me as ive not been trying but just quiet your mind and focus on someone and first of all i started to see something that looked like heat rising of the pavements around them.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
sorry I can't offer specific help, my experiences with auras have all been uncontrolled. Sometimes I see them on certain people, sometimes I dont, majority of the time I see no auras at all. When i have witnessed auras, they have ranged from being faint and others times very vivid colorful and bright...and I am not sure I want to see to auras, the implications of having knowledge of someone's health etc and not being able to help them is scary for me.

try this site, lots of info.
www.thiaoouba.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Mostly what i can see is the etheric. It is a kind of bluish-white light that surrounds everything, to me it seems to be electrical. On people it moves around the head and shoulders and its brighter and whiter there.

I have been able to see them since I can remember. I used to think it was natural for people to see them and I thought everyone could see them until I was older. The first time i "remember" seeing it was in Spain, when I was around 8-9 years old.

We went to the church and as people began singing I saw the white lights on people brightening as they sang. It was strange to me that i saw the light on the priest was duller and not as bright as that of the people. I immediately asked my mother what it was, but she couldn't see them. I think when people are showing a lot of emotions the etheric light grows brighter. At least that has been my experience.

At any time now I can see them too, sometimes they appear without me wanting to see them, but most of the times I have to concentrate a bit for me to see them. By concentrating i mean to enter a state of conciousness that you don't think at all, about anything.

What I think you should do is not trying to think, don't think on anything, not even on wanting to see the etheric or the aura. Just look at a person, you can blink as many times as you want, blinking will not stop you from seeing it. I would guess that for someone to start seeing the etheric you have to do it in a darkened room. You can start in front of a mirror and look at yourself, then follow what i said above.

I can see the etheric in the dark or in a lit room, to me it doesn't matter, but its probably because I already know how to see it. Auras I have only been able to see a couple of times or so, and i couldn't control that.

I haven't tried myself anymore, but i would think that if you continue to try to see it, without trying too hard, eventually you will begin to see the aura.
I hope it helps.

[Edited on 13-4-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Nah you don't really see aura or anything like that its only your eye creating illusion of it around lines of person's body.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
That is just your opinion megaquad, that's all you just said.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Thank you Muaddib, worldwatcher, and Fitzpatrick for your comments. The weird thing is that I see it better on other objects like trees and birds when they fly in the sky. I have no trouble seeing the etheric it's the aura that is getting me. I see whisk of light every once in a while. What's crazy is when I first wake up now I can feel my own aura and see through it in a way. I can also see it in other people when I first wake up but as the day passes it gets harder to see.

What got me into this was a book I read called "Forever You� I was spectacle at first but the more I started to believe the easier it was to see the etheric. I've been working on this for about 6 months now. Seeing this energy has changed my whole perception of spirituality and increased my belief in God the Most High. But on the flip side it has caused me to become more withdrawn because most people don't understand when i try to explain how I feel about my spirituality. Most people just think I'm really secular or that i have no faith. But at this point I really don't care what other people think. This is between me and God. I kinda feel that is happening for a reason. Well thank you all for your thoughts. Glad no one was really snide about this thread

Megaquad you many have you own opinion But I know that it is real I can feel it especially when I put my hand on plants and see the energy from my etheric mix with that of the plant.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
on my trip to alaska, i saw one. it was sooooo cool! u have to go somewhere that doesn't have any light (and it's alaska, it shouldn't be too hard to find a place like this). u can see it almost every night. ALMOST.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Never seen an aura, got one of those Kirlian photos once, don't know if it's atually the aura but it's a nifty photo.

Spiderj

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
humm, you say you see your own aura? Do you see colors when you close your eyes, or when they are open? How is it that you see those colors?

When I go to sleep normally it takes a while, about 5-10 minutes, with my eyes still closed I start seeing energies of different colors. They seem to emanate from me and go outwards. Normally the colors that start are either soft fluorescent purple or soft fluorescent green, but tones I have not seen before anywhere.

They normally start in a big circle and begin going outwards becoming smaller, as the circle becomes smaller and smaller it reaches a point where it seems to dissapear and another color starts doing the same. The only colors I normally see are purple, green and blue. Sometimes I think I see some red and yellow, but this is rarely and the circles of these two colors are very small.

These energies at times move at random, and it seems there is no order in them, while at other times it is orderly, one after the other cycling between colors endlessly until I fall asleep.

There are nights when I don't see this, but if I want to see them they appear. I never learnt what they were.

About those bright flashes of light you see, i have seen them too. They can be light blue, to darker blue, to dark fluorescent red, dark red, to very bright whites. They are normally small, maybe 1/4-1/6 the size of a penny or smaller. The reds are the rarest that I have seen. In all my life I think i have seen them maybe 3-4 times. The others I have seen many times.

Once i asked a doctor about these and he said they could be that dust gets trapped in the eye and sometimes they reflect light, but I have seen these in total darkness as well as in daylight.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I was curious about this subject in the past and found this link. On the left under eye exercises, if you stare, you can start seeing things.
That sounds funny to me.

www.thiaoouba.com...

For those that don't know, I don't believe they are referring to aurora borealis but something else.

[Edited on 14-4-2004 by orionthehunter]

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Nah you don't really see aura or anything like that its only your eye creating illusion of it around lines of person's body.

I too debated on weather or not this is the case for me....... but I decided it really is the aura......

DaTruth, what I have done and told people to do is have someone stand up against a white wall, then look around them...... I think this is the best way, cause with a white backround you can see much easier than if the person is moving or somewere dark.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   
the best way I know of to start is by using contrast. Put your hand up against a bright background (such as a blue sky), but your hand should be as dark (in the shade) as possible. If you are standing in an outside doorway opposite the side the sun is shining on.

Or you can have a light on your hand with a dark background, it doesn't matter. It just makes more of a contrast and makes the aura appear easier to you. The less detail your brain has to sort out, the easier you can see auras. Once you are able to recognize what you are seeing, it starts to come naturally.

I can feel auras really well, but I have a harder time seeing them. I'm also color ignorant, and kinda think that has something to do with it (I can see the aura shimmers, but the colors don't show at all. Just transparent).

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Physically, I can't see auras. I guess if I tried, I could, but...

With me, it is more of a mental image, I can sense the shape, patterns, type of energy that the person has. This is good when you need to poke or prod someone, or get a little energy boost
. I suppose, too, when needing to heal another, it's good to match energy patterns, so that your help is excepted.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   

humm, you say you see your own aura? Do you see colors when you close your eyes, or when they are open? How is it that you see those colors?

Muaddib to respond to your question. Before I fall asleep I see colors and images at least to or three times. It's weird I might see a person or a scene or different flashes kind of like what you described. It's almost like REM but from what I learned you can't have REM while you�re half awake you have to be in deep sleep so I�m not sure what I�m seeing.

But back to my own aura. I think the best way to describe it is when on a hot day you see waves of heat off in the distance. It kinda looks like that except there are blobs of light purple and some green. The colors are faint and it seems like the only color I see for the most part is purple. When it first happened to me I didn�t know what it was until I extended my hand and saw that It was the aura that I was encased in. I�ve been practicing and I can see it pretty good in my side vision. But when I looks head on it�s very faint.

top topics

join