It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

possible biological or nuclear attack?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Former Vice President Dick Cheney warned that there is a “high probability” that terrorists will attempt a catastrophic nuclear or biological attack in coming years

news.yahoo.com...

I just saw this and I wanted to tell someone that this is just plain and simple bull#. How the hell is anyone in the middle east going to hit us with a nuke or biological weapon? Supposedly Iran is refining uranium, but that doesn't mean they will have a friggin nuclear ICBM tomorrow. There are levels of miniaturization to reach before they could ever mount one on a missile, if they could even build a inter-continental missile at all, and they would then need an efficient way to target us with it. THEY CANT DO THAT! What are they going to do? Smuggle a 1-ton+ monstrosity of a bomb in by boat, and then drive it to where they want to blow it up in a big-@$$ freight truck? I'm sorry, but there's no way something like that could just slip by us. I refuse to believe that they could ship a completed nuke through without us catching it on inspections, ship manifests, the coast guard, and then just pick it up in a crane and drop it in a truck, right in front of a harbor, without no one noticing.

...and I cant think of any other way they could do it. I can't see them flying a bomber over our nation without us doing something about it either. If we get nuked, I think it will be a act perpetrated by our government, to create a new wave of patriotism for some new, horrible war. I don't usually buy into conspiracies easily, (I think 9/11 was an honest-to-god terrorist attack) but come on, a NUKE? this is bull#.

And the biological angle, I know they have anthrax, they could hit us with that, but its still not a plague, anthrax would hurt only a small number of people, comparatively. If we get hit with something like the black death, or yellow fever, then I have a hard time believing that it came from the middle east. More like a U.S. laboratory...

What do you think?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by peskyhumans

Not only is it possible. I hate to say it but Chaney is right. It's been 8 years since 9/11. The chance of an attack greatly increases as time goes on.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I think t there is a high probability of this happening and that it would in fact be a real terrorist attack. I'm not a big fan of the false flag theory.
IMO its possible that terrorist cells right here in the USA could get bio or even dirty nuke weapons and use them. I do think that a dirty bomb is more likely because the ingredients can be found at a number of hospitals, universities, etc. I do an actual fission nuke is less likely but still could happen so I wouldn't rule that out either.
ITA w/the other poster who mentioned that its been such a long time and that the probability does go up with time.

join