It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$500K of taxpayer money spent on Dem caucus retreats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
This is the kind of story that puts my nerves on edge. We hear about the new bailout teetering over $900 billion and now I read this story.

thehill.com...

FIRST of all - this is not intended as a Democrat vs Republican thread - the story is just about the Democrats. The point of this thread to me should center around the hypocrisy of our leaders.

Things have been said to executives from bailed out companies regarding parties and frivolous expenses, but what about our politicians? You know, the ones who will decide if they will take $900 billion in taxpayer money on a pet project sending spree. And the rhetoric from the president about how we all have to contribute blah blah blah - and wait - it turns out the polliticians themselves have problems paying taxes.

Ridiculous!

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
...Are you kidding? $500,000 is practically the change in your couch for the government.
Really, really not important right now. If it was $5 million or more, I would be concerned.

If they gave that $500,000 to a company in trouble, it's obvious what would happen. It would go to pay the salary of the executives.

Not even kidding.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Think about how $500k distributed correctly could save quite a few families from losing their homes. The govt has no right to use any taxpayer money for parties - they make salaries - let them pay for them.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Why should WE have to pay for their parties? That is a big freaking party. This is the problem the government has. The rules do not apply to them. They lamblast the banks for doing this same thing, but, it is ok for them to do it and the are ONE HUNDRED PERCENT TAXPAYER FUNDED.

Why is ANYONE ok with this?? With states going bankrupt, banks failing, the government handing out billions like we actually have the money, this is ok??????

This is what is wrong with America. They do not work for us, they expect us to work for them.

top topics

join