It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

500 million Americans will lose their jobs soon!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

There are 306 million Americans alive today so where did Nancy Pelosi get the other 194 million figure from? She is using the scare tactics and it is so wrong. I wish the folks in your district do not re-elect her when her turn is over. She is over herself.

This reminds me of the Indian proverb that says "Politicains promiseto build a bridge where there is no river (water).

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
50 million is not unfathomable and I'm sure that is what she meant.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
She meant 500 thousand. I can't believe none of you knew that. I knew it instantly. I dislike Pelosi as much as the next guy, but 3 pages of total cluelessness without a lick of logic kind of boggles my brain. And you're supposed to be critical thinkers? :shk:

When host Chris Wallace corrected her and asked if she meant 500,000 jobs.

"What did I say, million?" asked Pelosi, adding that it "feels like 500 million."

"Some 500,000 Americans will lose their jobs each month until we have a recovery package," she said.

Source

Anyone who has listened to the news has heard that figure repeated over and over...

[edit on 5-2-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
50 million is not unfathomable and I'm sure that is what she meant.

50 million per month? I don't even think 50 million at one time is a likely number to ever happen. Things are bad, but they're not that bad. We have less unemployment now than we did under Jimmy Carter, just as a reference.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join