It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

500 million Americans will lose their jobs soon!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Well now, how could she possibly be wrong. She is after all, arguably the second most powerful politician in America. How did she ever get as high up as that? It boggles the mind. These are our leaders...scarey.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Perhaps she means long term, over time.

500,000,000 Americans. Thats gold for comedians right there. Oh SNL will have a field day with this one.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I think "Americans" is a metaphor for "hypothetical, much more numerous future people with strange beliefs about how many people should be employed", and "500 million" is a metaphor for "erm some". Other than that I have no idea what she's talking about.

As to you cretins saying "there are 200 million illegals" - that would suggest that not only would every single person in the US including young children, invalids, knackered old people etc. be working, you would also have every single illegal immigrant also working. And lordy me do you hicks whine about them not working. In addition to that, you'd be able to #ing tell if 40% of the population were illegal immigrants, c'mon here.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

I think the madam speaker of the house is so stressed out that she can not think straight anymore.
Either that or they will have to fire her speech writer.

Anyway perhaps she is referring to the tax payer money bail out to stimulate the "economy" that now thanks to her and her moron fellow congresspeople have toalso bailout the WTO because they say so or else America will have a trade war.

America is so screw now that our own politicians would love to bury their heads on the sand of idiocy and stupidity that they created while getting drunk and getting lab dances pay for the same lobbyist that push the traitorous policies that are now biting the Americas government in its arse

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Pelosi in her own words from Jan 18 Fox news interview

NANCY PELOSI: Well, I believe that - I know that President-elect Obama is a strong supporter of America's workers. I myself am a strong supporter of that legislation. We passed it with a strong vote in the House in the last Congress, and I continue to be supportive of it. But in terms of what we have to do in the first 100 days, we must address the needs of this country. Five hundred million people will lose their jobs each month until we have an economic package.

CHRIS WALLACE, HOST: No, 500,000.
PELOSI: What did I say, million?
WALLACE: Yes, 500 million. That would really be a recession.
PELOSI: Oh, no. Excuse me. Thank you for correcting me.
WALLACE: Yes.
PELOSI: It feels like 500 million. Five hundred thousand Americans will lose their jobs each month until we have a recovery package.

She doesn't know which end is up. Wallace gave her a chance to correct her figures and she did. Please test her for dementia because she has quoted the 500 million figure twice in the last month. She really wants her stimulus package to pull through.

newsbusters.org...

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
This may be a minor point delta, but.............................

The US has about 300 million total population.

How can the 500 million lose jobs???

Are you counting 200 million illegals?????

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Maybe she is telling the truth but it is just too unbelievable to even want to believe.

Maybe she is referring to American is respect to all of the Americas, Canada and Mexico included.

How could a country where all the homes and businesses belong to the ruling government allow people to be employed?

You will all be property of the government and you will not be employed.

You will be given to the privilege to serve.

Or not.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I told you a million times - DON'T EXAGGERATE!!!

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightSkyeB4Dawn

Maybe she is telling the truth but it is just too unbelievable to even want to believe.

Maybe she is referring to American is respect to all of the Americas, Canada and Mexico included.

... riiiight...

Seeing as the whole of the Americas (inc. South America) contains roughly 900 million people, that would suggest about 55% unemployment. Not bloody likely.

How could a country where all the homes and businesses belong to the ruling government allow people to be employed?

Because there's no benefit to having millions of empty properties?

*blahblah melodramatic pish*

Aye whatever pal.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The scary thing is that she said this last MONTH and she repeated it in an interview on Jan 18th with Chris Wallace. It's a fact: The chicken running around on my back porch is more intelligent than the person 3rd in line to be president.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I find that kind of hard to believe with 300 to 350 million Americans tops in htis country that includes babies,old,men,woman, children.

Are they counting Canada as America too than that would make more since. That would probably equal around 90% unemployed and alot of retaliation and death to go along with it.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
By comparison, Jerry Springer guests make our Congress look really bad.

It's like watching an unsupervised kindergarten class.

At least with Springer guests, they have a ringmaster.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Pelosi is a wackjob. That number is obviously over exagerated.

She is wrong with her numbers but a lot of Americans will be out of work. And there are already a lot out of work now.

I hope something gets done and I'm not quite sure that a stimulus package is the right way to do things either. That might be the answer to get a very short term rise out of things but truly it will stimulate the foreign economies more than it would our own. It's not time to panic, but it's also not time to stop worrying.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

Can you believe it? 500 million Americans will lose their jobs! 500 million is a lot of people in a country of about 300 million. I know what she means, it means all 300 million Americans along with 200 million future Americans will lose their jobs.

[edit on 4-2-2009 by deltaboy]

[edit on 4-2-2009 by deltaboy]

God..she mispoke Mr. Perfect.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Well now, how could she possibly be wrong. She is after all, arguably the second most powerful politician in America. How did she ever get as high up as that? It boggles the mind. These are our leaders...scarey.

bush had 8 years full of verbal blunders, but since pelosi is a democrat, it's the end of america and it boggles the mind? i can't even read what you people write anymore, FOX NEWS has you people fully brainwashed.

she obviously didn't mean 500 million people are going to lose their jobs. and she probably already has corrected herself, but we can't have any of that stuff here ...that would demand logic and reason.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Come to Canada, It's cold in the winter but we still have jobs!

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Maybe it is actually 500 million there are an awful lot of illegal immigrants. You never know maybe it is that bad after all.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Fearmongering at its finest. And its not 500 mil total jobs lost that she said, its 500 million EACH MONTH.

Yes, bush had some verbal blunders, but honestly, his were quirky mistakes, she just wants a piece of pork.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by xoxo stacie

Maybe it is actually 500 million there are an awful lot of illegal immigrants. You never know maybe it is that bad after all.

You'd be able to tell if 40 bloody percent of your population was made up of illegal immigrants.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

The population of North America is about 528 million.
Would that mean the NAU is coming and then we'll all lose our jobs?

That was probably just a stupid mistake.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join