It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird growth in nevada desert

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

No I did not enhance or modify any image. What you see is directly off GE. All of my measurements are with GE ruler, so, whatever the accuracy is is anybody's guess. You can get a good idea from looking at the tire tracks in so many of the images.
Dennis

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

The only editing I have done was to add pinmarks and annotation to the pinmarks everything else is what you should be seeing directly on GE. Try going to some of the coordinates from the images on photobucket. Pay attention to the compass orientation and altitude as well. Some images have a slight depression in angle but that should not change the image accuracy at all.
Dennis

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by dennisdvx

No I did not enhance or modify any image. What you see is directly off GE. All of my measurements are with GE ruler, so, whatever the accuracy is is anybody's guess. You can get a good idea from looking at the tire tracks in so many of the images.
Dennis

ah. Ok. Well, I must not know how to use GE properly, because I cant figure out why yours are white/gray and mine are natural colors
How did you get them that color?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Hmmm, I have 200 images some of which are in 'natural color' others seem to be 'gray', but in some of the gray images there are artificial things like buildings etc that are in color.
Dennis

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
yep just looks like the earth

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I have uploaded one more image to photobucket of the overall area. It shows both color and gray areas. This image is from 138 miles up and as near as I can figure, is about 2000 sq miles.
Dennis

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by dennisdvx
reply to post by ziggystar60

Correction...Image taken May 3, 2006

I still think your images show frozen or partially frozen rivers with melting ice:

Weather: Most of Nevada is cold desert above 4,000'/1,300m elevation with summer daytime temperatures around 85F/30C and nights cooling sharply to 50F/10C. Winter temperatures are more variable and can drop far below zero (fahrenheit or celsius). Lower elevations in the Las Vegas area create hot desert with summer daytime temperatures consistently above 100F/40C and little nighttime relief, but pleasant winters. Carry extra clothing, sleeping bags and tire chains between October and April and remember that occasional snowstorms are possible above 4,000'/1,300m as late as June.

wikitravel.org...

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
this is interesting
vertically frozen walls of water? that is very unique.
s615.photobucket.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
to the OP what made u look at these coordinates in the first place? do u live around that area? how do you know the tracks were made by government vehicles? as far as i can tell it looks like either a dried up river bed or a frozen one.

if this is what u think it is then u need to go get some ground photos. that would prove without a shadow of a doubt what this is.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

Noted. I have some images from Terraserver taken 12 years earlier of the same coordinates and they show the exact same 'things' as GE. I have lived in the desert for some years (in the past) and I would think that rivers and streams running through the desert would change over time. This does not seem to be the case here.
Dennis

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

I have been looking around area 51 in GE for awhile now, branching out to the nuclear test site and then just looking all over the desert. I was drawn to this specific area from some image analysis on marsanomalyresearch.com, where j.p. skipper did an analysis on 'covert airfields' in the nevada desert. I went to these image links from his site and just started looking around. These 'vines' are all over this area.
Dennis

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Yes I agree. I am thinking about going out there in the spring to see for myself.
Dennis

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Carson Sink

What you are looking at is a portion of the Carson Sink, east of Lake Tahoe.

Looks like a playa...very flat, large, intermittently wet. The "vines" you are seeing is a normal erosional feature. It has a dendritic stream pattern.
Where the tire tracks aooear to go under the vines, the vehicle, probably travelled through running water.

The overall color is reflected in the playa bed. It is very "salty" in character, giving rise to the color.

There is a test range in the center of the "sink".

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by pyrytyes

Interesting. What I am looking at takes in the better part of 2000 sq miles and is east of carson sink which is only 300 sq miles, however they may be connected in some way.
Dennis

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by dennisdvx

Yes, I see what you are saying, and in a way, there is a connection, of sorts...as there are about a dozen such ares in the Reno area. The Carson Sink is the largest.

Try Google MAPS to get a better picture of the terrain. The label feature is vary helpful, as well.

Follow the Carson river, and you'll find some answers...

[edit on 4-2-2009 by pyrytyes]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by pyrytyes

Don't know if you are looking in the same area. Carson River is a good 40-60 miles SW of the area that I am refering to, and to me, it appears as a river with greenery on the banks. What I am looking at, at least to me, doesn't appear 2D but 3D.
Dennis

top topics

<< 1   >>

join