It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Enough Of This Crap"(actual title, not comment)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

This is FOUR people who you've appointed that can't pay their damn taxes, including your Treasury Secretary?

Market-Ticker

Four People appointed by Obama all not paying their tax's?????

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

If this were Bush, people would be losing their mind, but since it's Obama, it's basicly ignored.

[edit on 2/4/2009 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I kinda doubt that Obama is aware that these people he's been choosing haven't been paying their taxes. I more wonder why, when asked, they don't tell him that maybe he should pick someone else, as their non-payment will surely be discovered in the vetting process.

Were it me doing the choosing, I would be looking towards the academic world. Need someone who's good with economics? How about a top-ranked economics professor?

He would get people who actually understood the subject at hand, who probably don't owe a lot of "favors" in DC, and be showing a tendancy towards all that "change" he's been talking about.

Making his choices from all the same old career DC crooks can only lead to further embarrassment for him, and a continuation of "buisiness as usual" corruption.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by subject x
I more wonder why, when asked, they don't tell him that maybe he should pick someone else, as their non-payment will surely be discovered in the vetting process.

His eligibility for the presidency wasn't discovered in the vetting process. He probably figures if he can slip by unnoticed, maybe he can slip in the rest of the ineligible crowd.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by subject x

I kinda doubt that Obama is aware that these people he's been choosing haven't been paying their taxes. I more wonder why, when asked, they don't tell him that maybe he should pick someone else, as their non-payment will surely be discovered in the vetting process.

I do not buy that for a second ( especially the first sentence quoted.

The people Obama has chosen were required to sign the "ethics" statement, and fill out his "administration employment application".

HE KNEW, and he tried to sneak one, nay, more than one, by us.

Didn't work. He got caught; taking responsibility for for the nomination of Daschle, I think, is proof positive.

CHANGE we can believe in... NOT!

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I'm still waiting for Joe Biden to come out and call these guys "unpatriotic"

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I have a feeling ..

I have been listening to the news and have noticed the Sec. Gibbs Has been using the term "Most Ethical Administration"

I have a feeling that this will be spun into, Obama 'cleaning' house of the corruption, rather than his messing up.

and as to the OP, I am tired of this crap as well.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by whitewaveHis eligibility for the presidency wasn't discovered in the vetting process.

Well, that seems to depend on who you talk to. I'm aware of the whole birth certificate controversy, and as yet, to me, it hasn't really been prooven one way or another.

Either way, for the sake of this discussion, it's really a moot point. He's in, and I don't see that changing for at least four years, regardless of what we may or may not believe about his birth status.

I see the fact of corruption in the ranks of the people he's choosing for top positions as just a sign of more of the same old, same old. Politics as usual.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
not a total obama fan, but i hardly think calling him "same as the old boss" based on others' neglect of their taxes is fair or correct. he actually took steps when faced with the disclosed information and so did they based on whatever talks he had with them. that's one huge difference right there.

disenchanted people grasping at straws are so interesting to watch though. guess we'll be seeing a lot of this.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

How is it being ignored when it has been plastered all over the news

Plus Obama himself came out with a statement and said it was his own fault. I highly doubt in fact history showed that Bush never not once took the heat for his own blunders and always shrugged the blame off on someone else or ignored it completely. So tell me who is more Presidential...the guy who admits his mistakes or the guy who try's to pass the buck?

[edit on 2/4/2009 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by pyrytyes
The people Obama has chosen were required to sign the "ethics" statement, and fill out his "administration employment application".

So you figure that when filling out their application, they wrote "Oh, by the way, I heven't paid my taxes in several years"? I kinda doubt it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a supporter of Obama, or any other recent President for that matter. I'm a firm believer that anyone who wants the job of POTUS probably shouldn't have it.

I just don't think that he's aware of everything that these people have done when he chooses them.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

Yeah...he came out and said he made a mistake when the 4th person he wanted for a cabinet position had tax problems and had to drop out. Didn't do it for the first, the second, or the third....who also had tax problems and had to drop out.

Oh, except for the one who is now the Treasury Secretary and running the IRS. He didn't drop out and Obama said that he was the only person that could do the job.

But, that's ok. He did it for the 4th.

[edit on 2/4/2009 by skeptic1]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by subject x

Give me a break.... You are talking about people who have been in Washington for over 20 years!

AHHH!

Old habits die hard.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cio88
Old habits die hard.

Point is .. the old habits were supposed to die when obama took office.
That's what he was allegedly all about ... 'CHANGE from the way
Washington did business.'

Obviously not.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cio88Give me a break.... You are talking about people who have been in Washington for over 20 years!

Exactly. That's why I said I would be looking elsewhere for people.

More of the same.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I will begin with my usual plea to recant this constant partisan garbage that seems surgically attached to the problem itself.

I personally don't care that the people President Obama had (or has) chosen to assist in administrating the executive functions of our government failed to pay their taxes.

What I care about is the incredible lack of attention paid to the effect that if it had been you or I we would be in jail, with garnished wages, and strangled financial freedom.

Yet these individuals are 'forgiven' their 'innocent' 'oversights' while we - the common tax-payers are prosecuted AND persecuted for even resisting the tax-code enforcement.

Screw that Obama didn't know, screw that he assumed they were upstanding citizens! Pay attention..., how is it that all these high level political celebrities have so many perks and exceptions to their obligations to the people of this country that they can 'forget' to obey the law?

"Oh but they are SO qualified, oh but they are SO experienced!" WRONG!

I think we should mandate a mandatory full spectrum audit of all our public officials financial activities and those of their business interests. I wager we will find that MOST of them are guilty of this, and that the practice of looking the other way is both commonplace and encouraged within the halls of the politically-appointed.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I'm certain Obama was aware that these people had skeletons in their collective closets, but hoped the media would downplay them. His days of flying under the radar are soon to be over with all eyes upon him. If he wasn't aware of these concerns, then it's just further evidence of his inexperience and naivete.

I see these appointments as payoffs to those individuals that were instrumental in getting him elected. It has nothing to do with their qualifications or their being the best person for the job. I wouldn't be surprised to see Daschle given some other, less public, gravy job in the future once the furor has abated.

His new ethics policy illustrates hypocrisy of the highest magnitude.

[edit on 4-2-2009 by LLoyd45]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Perhaps Obama should personally go and examine there underwear as well?
What do you think?
There might be a crease in them.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by BorgHoffen

He should know, via his advisors and the advisors that are picking these cabinet appointments, if there are any really, really big skeletons in their closets. There is no excuse for this.

Either he didn't know....which does not say much for him and/or his advisors.

Or, he did know....which says he basically doesn't care and indirectly "approves" of this behavior.

If it were one of us average citizens who didn't bother to pay taxes for years on end, we wouldn't get a free pass. We'd be buried in penalties and interest and might even have to spend some time in jail.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1
reply to post by CaptGizmo

Yeah...he came out and said he made a mistake when the 4th person he wanted for a cabinet position had tax problems and had to drop out. Didn't do it for the first, the second, or the third....who also had tax problems and had to drop out.

Oh, except for the one who is now the Treasury Secretary and running the IRS. He didn't drop out and Obama said that he was the only person that could do the job.

But, that's ok. He did it for the 4th.

[edit on 2/4/2009 by skeptic1]

On top of that, the news people have been going nuts over this and saying what we are all saying here: Why are they getting a free pass when others are not. The news and blog world is going crazy over this and I believe to save face and to shut everyone up, Obama caved and omitted "I uh, mmm, I uhh, screwed up" for that sole purpose. I believe Obama would have let it all slide if everyone was not up in arms over it.

To the entire situation.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I think the IRS should run audits on all individuals that wish to run for public office. They should be held to a higher standard of accountability than the common man on the street. They have the advantage of CPAs, accountants and tax attorneys to assist them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join