It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bailout And Who Should Pay?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I don’t like the idea of government bailout at all, because the government is our money to help out greedy bankers. Unfortunately, that is the only option we have right now, but hopefully these greedy lenders won’t get away scott-free. Somebody made a lot of money leading up to this crisis and THEY should pay for it! — and the government should make them.

It would stand to reason that the government should FORCE the conversion of bad mortgages into 30 years fixed rate mortgages. The interest rate on these converted mortgages could be higher than normal. This way it would be more affordable to more borrowers resulting in a lower default rate. Yes the lenders will make less money, but in my opinion, they already made too much. The borrowers aren’t completely innocent either, that’s why they should pay a little more as well.

Since it was fine from them to play with our economy and our lives, This is the least that they could do to take part in the recovery effort. Why should our tax dollars go toward helping these greedy bankers who already made billions out of the scheme? I am sure no one would come to my rescue if I were greedy and got in financial trouble.

join