It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some thoughts after hearing Whitley Strieber on C2C last night

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
A few things occurred to me after listening to Whitley Strieber on Coast to Coast AM last night:

First of all, Strieber talked about a scientist he knows of who recently had an apparent implant removed from his foot. Upon examination, the object was found to contain carbon nano-tubes, among other things. Said scientist just happens to be in a field where he deals with carbon nano-tubes on some level.

Later in the show, the host asked Whitley to expound on recent changes in the kinds of contact experiences and sightings that are occurring. Whitley mentioned the photographic evidence associated with Stephenville, TX, emphasizing that these involved aerial phenomena so strange, so far outside anybody's frame of reference, that whatever we were looking at could hardly even be described, in his opinion, as "spaceships."

Though I don't believe he touched on it during the show, Whitley is one of the more credible folks who's refused to completely dismiss the "California Mystery Drones" as a complete hoax. Not unlike the Stephenville UFOs, the drones are not analogous to any conventional craft in anybody's frame of reference, so much so that people grope at words like "dragonfly" or "drone" as they try to come up with images to describe these highly strange objects.

Where am I going with all this?

Well, I can't help but think about observations and theories which have been put forth over the years with regards to the UFO phenomenon's seeming ability --or even tendency-- to mold and shape itself to fit the cultural and technological context of the era in which it is being experienced.

Jim Marrs gave a talk not too long ago in which he recounted newspaper articles from the early 1900's (I think) about sightings of "phantom airships." In one such case, the experiencers reported coming upon a phantom dirigible which had briefly weighed anchor, and whose occupants said they were on their way to go an bomb Cuba(!) and that their craft "ran by electricity."

Zeppelins and electric power were both state-of-the-art technologies around the turn of the century, the logic goes, so those are the terms in which the experience is framed, either by the experiencer, the experienced, or both.

So in the case of the scientist whose "implant" was found to contain carbon nano-tubes, isn't it interesting that carbon nano-tubes happen to be on the cusp of the current era's coming technologies? Could the inclusion of such structures in an implant represent a subtle form of communication* on the part of the implant's creators, especially in light of the implantee's career?

Whitley's not the only person who's indicated that the current trend regarding the ET contact experience, lately, is that it seems to involve scientists and researchers a lot more than "ordinary" lay people.

So we have the implant thing seeming to possibly conform to the established pattern of ET technologies appearing to mirror the technologies -and even the aesthetic styles- of the era in which they're observed.

On the other hand, we have Stephenville and the drones, which appear to represent a dramatic departure from shapes, forms, and contexts which human observers can easily fit into concepts like "aircraft" or "spaceship."

Could this departure from known contexts and analogs signal a dramatic shift in the nature of the phenomenon? Whitley's been saying for some time that it's undergoing all sorts of surprising changes in how it presents itself, and he's not alone in that opinion.

Anybody care to put in their two cents worth?

*Notice I said form -not means- of communication. I make this distinction because the implants are said to emit some sort of low-power or low-frequency radio signal, which implies the implant communicating with whoever did the implanting. I'm talking about the possibility that the inner workings of the implant were specifically chosen in order to send a message to the researchers who would eventually analyze it.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
the story of the dirigbles you talked about,,,
weren't they from canada as well

and this took place way b4 anyone evn bothered to fantasize of air travel as well

i remember really digging this tale and found it quite interesting

weren't there newspaper clips of this and maybe even photo's,, i forget now

do you have a link to where that story is????

interesting theory and seems plausible

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Re: Whitley Strieber's fantasy of the alien implant in his ear. He screwed up a few years ago and actually showed the "attempted operation" on his ear. The physician opened his skin on the lobe and you could see a white fascia bundled around some tissue looking like a muscle. When the physician probed it with a scalpel, it moved. Well, folks, that's true. Nerves and muscles will react to probing by contracting.

Furthermore, the so-called "scientists" who appear as experts on CTC are as phony as Strieber. There are many substances that enter and aggregate in the human body. Workers exposed to chemicals and even nano-carbon can quite easily find themselves with aggregations of materials in their bodies. The body usually aggregates them in one area to protect the rest of the body from them. As to the exotic metals that they found, ORME's and other exotic metals accumulate in the body just like heavy metals such as mercury.

It is noteworthy that Strieber took down the so-called video of the operation and the movement of the "implant." Anyone believing anything this manipulative personality has to offer them, well...I have some bridges I want to sell you--cheap.

Bridgetender in S.C.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I had downloaded the Jim Marrs talk from Demonoid, I think, and I'm sorry to say I'm not sure where to find it.

I don't recall whether Canada was mentioned, but the occupants of the phantom air ships -like the men in black- were generally described as "foreigners" of one type or another, often with dark or "swarthy" complexions.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
If any photos of phantom air ships exist, by the way, I'd sure like to see them!

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I always thought Whitley Strieber was exageratng in his books.

I believe he was abducted yes but

If you read his earlier books he realy goes out on a limb

Now i have seen these beings too and my experiences are somewhat less dramatic in a way an in and out job

given my memories but

Im left with more questions than answers and when it comes to Whitley Strieber

He never really answers questions he usually goes in to some form of spiritual meaning kind of thing

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
In Whitley's first hour with George, I heard a --most-- intriguing exchange. It was not what I was afraid it would be, and I was very glad of it. Which was: Whitley was going on and on (at least, trying to) about the 'fundamentalist Islamic' threat. Of course, trying to promote his book, of same, which none-the-less, allarms about the fundamentalist Islamic threat, and the high fear of (an innevitable?) nuclear terrorist event in this country. For a minute, I was like, "goll, I feel like I'm back in pre-2004, and the Bush Administration is still in, and right wing extremism dominates all am radio airwaves". But then, I was abruptly pulled out of that micro-nightmare by George Noory seeming (to me) continually (but ultra gently, I noticed) counter this 1950's-era-like 'Red Scare', as if he had morphed into Alex Jones, for a few minutes, there. For example, reminding Whitley about all the highly questionable relationships between Osama Bin Laden and our government. Our creation of the Taliban, to counter the Sovs in Afghanistan. Etcetera. Way to go, George Noory! You're my new best Hero. It always struck me as strange that Whitley has a family background directly tied into USAF intelligence, Wright Patterson AFB, Roswell, ufos, Project Blue book, General Arthur Exon. Did you all know that? I'm not saying, "Therefore, it means (such-and-such) it's just some kind of------coincidence --- ?

[edit on 5-2-2009 by simonecharisse]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by flightsuit

Jim Marrs gave a talk not too long ago in which he recounted newspaper articles from the early 1900's (I think) about sightings of "phantom airships." In one such case, the experiencers reported coming upon a phantom dirigible which had briefly weighed anchor, and whose occupants said they were on their way to go an bomb Cuba(!) and that their craft "ran by electricity."

We shouldn't overlook Man's predisposition for making extraordinary claims. Reported sightings of skyships are often used to support the contention of UFOs visiting Earth for centuries. They are reports and nothing more than hearsay. That descriptions of UFO technology etc have developed in line with our progress in technology probably says more about us than anything.

The UFO world is full of BS merchants and an average ATS week can see someone post a claim of alien encounters. There's no question that people mistake Venus etc for a UFO, it's often overlooked that some people are natural liars. Peckman? Dr Jonathan Reed? Some folk lend them more weight than they deserve with terms like 'disinfo/ misinfo agents.'

Many are much less than that, they are just humans with a tendency to lie for attention. They are the grown up version of that kid at school who bragged about the vacations they never went on and wouldn't bring in the expensive presents they got at Christmas.

new topics

top topics

join