It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Grandparents lose children to homosexual couple

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   

UK Grandparents lose children to homosexual couple

www.catholicnewsagency.com

Two British grandparents aged 59 and 46 have been told that they are too old and unfit to care for their grandchildren, who are to be placed with an adoptive homosexual couple.

The children had been in their grandparents’ care during their mother’s struggles with heroin. After their mother failed to bring them home from a visit, social workers became involved and the police were called in.

The children, a five-year-old boy called “Josh” and his four-year-old sister “Chloe,” were placed in foster care, an arrangement the grandparents believed to be temporary.

The local adoption and foster council went to court four times to have the children permanently removed and adopted, but each time the court ruled in favor of the grandparents.

According to The People, the council threatened to hire expensive lawyers, causing the grandparents to abandon their legal fight because of the potential legal fees and because of their fear the court hearings would prevent the grandchildren from having a settled home.

The unnamed 59-year-old grandfather, speaking in an interview with The People, said the day the social workers came to take away his and his 46-year-old wife’s grandchildren was “the worst day of my life.”

“Chloe was still little and although we were saying goodbye and reassuring her we'd see her soon, I don't think she fully understood we wouldn't be putting her to bed that night and we wouldn't be there when she woke up. But Josh knew and he was howling. He was holding on to me and saying 'Please, Granddad, don't send me away. I want to stay with you and Grandma'.”

Two weeks ago they learned the children were to be adopted by a homosexual couple.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Yet more evidence of social agenda that is running rife in the UK. Hatred of the traditional nuclear family, and the promotion of minority group interests over the mainstream.

The main problem in the UK is apathy, and fear of branding ("homophobe", "racist" etc etc).

If we don't act here in the US, this nightmare could be the future we all face.

www.catholicnewsagency.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

Where I firmly believe that homosexual couples should be able to adopt children legally everywhere in the world, this isn't right.

The grandparents should not be punished for their daughter's heroin problem. They should be allowed to raise their grandchildren in peace without the police and social services getting involved (except where the mother is a danger to her kids due to the heroin).

Unless there is more to the story, it basically sounds like the government just railroaded these people with threats of upheaval for the kids and bankrupting the grandparents in court. Unless there is more to this story, I don't see anything unfit about the grandparents, and they certainly aren't too old.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
well,whilst I'd agree that the gramps should be the rightful gaurdians. We haven't got the full story,just what a paper has decided to print. (and we're all wary of what papers print or at least,we should be,and as this is from some christian website,we can disreguard it completly,no agenda here. yeah right.) There MUST be a decent reason for the children to not be given over to the grandparents. We just haven't got the whole story. thusly,I'm reserving judgement. But this whole article freakin STINKS of right wing hysteria.

[edit on 4/2/2009 by Acidtastic]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
The story is highly suspect at this point. It is noted that the foster council went to court four times to prevent the grandparents from maintaining custody, and were defeated each time. And yet they still garnered custody by sheer bullying. How did this happen? And what convinced the foster council that the children absolutely should not be allowed to stay with their grandparents? Contrary to the reactionaries on this website, I don't believe it was merely to "further the homosexual agenda".

What is "The People"? I can't locate any website for it, and the only agencies I've found to be reporting this story are Catholic affiliates. There's something very odd here.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

I have to agree, we have certainly not got the whole picture here no newspaper intends to tell the truth, it has its' own agenda.

What I find totally irresponsible is the naming of the children concerned, I sincerely hope these are made up names.

As far as I'm aware it is law that children s ID be protected when involved with the family courts, equally so social services.

It would be a fair guess that the grandparents have brought this matter to the attention of the newspapers, if so they need to be whiter than white.

Given the recent horrific situations in the UK with regard to baby P etc I would bet some newspapers have agendas to further tarnish the reputation of social workers.

The entire situation in relation to the protection of children is a complete mess in the UK. The family courts are a complete farce, social services are under staffed under funded and lack training, adoption agencies need more children in order to keep the funds coming in and tick performance boxes.

Let's not jump to conclusions based on half the facts from a newspaper, let's just hope the adoptive parents are acting for the right reasons.

[edit on 4-2-2009 by moocowman]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Hmm, so the parents of a junkie mum are upset because they can't look after junkie mum's children? Put it this way, they failed their daughter who has become a sad wee junkie and frankly, why should they have the right to look after the children of the daughter they totally failed?
The adoption couple being gay isn't even important, because there must be something seriously wrong with the grandparents to even contemplate allowing a gay couple to adopt the children.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

NO!

The main problem with the UK is Social Services acting like the Nazis.

I have personal experience of this, and it really is one of the most vicious systems in the world.
It's inadequate to the extreme, abusive, hateful, unprofessional and should be overhauled completely.

What is majorly wrong with this story is the branding of the "homosexual couple" as the wrong-doers. It's blatant propaganda by the religious nuts and maniacal bigots.

What, you'd rather kids were left in a dangerous and damaging system than cared for by a loving couple (whatever their sexual orientation)?

There are not enough carers in the UK to deal with the numbers of kids being needlessly snatched from their actual families by SS. Having a gay couple be a foster family is not what is wrong here.
The gay couple didn't demand those kids. They didn't go in there and steal them. They are just doing a very difficult job.

What is wrong here is that the kids grandparents are clearly better suited to looking after them AS THEY ARE FAMILY. This is down to SS not the gay couple looking after them.

It's disappointing to see people focus on the completely wrong thing in this story, and once again it shows the blatant bigotry and right-wing sentiment in the UK press and on these boards. It's disappointing because it clearly displays ignorance of the truth in favor of such hatred.

Get some priorities and focus on the real point of this story, don't blur it into a propaganda piece for the homophobic tw*ts who'd happily allow you to believe that the gay couple broke down the door and snatched the kids!
Anything to make a bad decision by SS look like a "gay agenda".

Truly sad that so many people are such idiots.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MacDonagh

Don't agree with the first bit,do agree with the second bit.

My parents didn't fail me,I failed them. (I am an EX drug addict) Blaming the grandparents of these children is a bit of a cop out,as we don't know the circumstances. there is more to this story I feel,usually the GPs are first on the list to addopt the kids. IF they are fit. Which,it looks like a court has deemed them not so. (may have been the reasons why their daughter ended up on smack,but we don;t know)

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
You can not always blame the parents.

You an have three kids. Two do well, have great career, and one does drugs.

Hell even the presidents in the past have had the druggie brother.

We have to be responsible for ourselves.

Sometimes the parents contribute but not always.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Get some priorities and focus on the real point of this story, don't blur it into a propaganda piece for the homophobic tw*ts

I use this post to illustrate my earlier point about how the British use branding to stifle debate.

The conspiracy at work here is that if you object to anything associated with a "gay agenda" you are by definition a nasty bigoted little homophobe, so kindly cease and desist all further discussion. The gays get the kids, deal with it.

Fellow Americans take note, you're watching a history lesson on the fall of the British Empire right here. The foul and vulgar language is just another sign of moral decay, fascinating stuff.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh

Get some priorities and focus on the real point of this story, don't blur it into a propaganda piece for the homophobic tw*ts

I use this post to illustrate my earlier point about how the British use branding to stifle debate.

The conspiracy at work here is that if you object to anything associated with a "gay agenda" you are by definition a nasty bigoted little homophobe, so kindly cease and desist all further discussion. The gays get the kids, deal with it.

Fellow Americans take note, you're watching a history lesson on the fall of the British Empire right here. The foul and vulgar language is just another sign of moral decay, fascinating stuff.

i typed out a nice long reply to this. Only to figure out that you're so entrenched in your ways,and think that all ze poofters are out to take over the world or something,that I deleated it.

I shall just replace my post with this

*face palm*

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
The bit I took the greatest offence with is:

...the council threatened to hire expensive lawyers...

Now this is either-

a. Ridiculous, because the council tax payers would in effect be paying through the nose for something that a court has decided is unwarranted (4 times!). Now why does one arm of the government (social services) fight another arm of the govrernment (the courts) over the issue? All that squabbling is done to cover their own arses, and at considerable expense to the taxpayer. Its nonsense.

or b. The website is blatantly social conservative and sensationalising the article. The grandparents would have access to free legal representation- they should have at least fought it one last time in the courts even against these supposedly "expensive lawyers".

I dunno, either way this story is annoying.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I am yet again ashamed to be British. I thankfully haven't lived there for the past 19 yrs. This is yet another example of how its plummeting down hill over there.
Next of kin, family etc etc what the hell happened to that? Regardless of the bias/crap from the media, they have basically quoted the kids begging not to be sent away. That should be reason enough to prevent this from happening.

England has failed in absolutely every aspect of governance, law and ideal for the best part of the last two decades.

Its over run by Yob mentality, ill placed apathy and the worst form of political correctness ever conceived. Just as an example, "Kids can't goto school today because they might get ice in their eyes; I kid you not FFS" - Maddness

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

What is majorly wrong with this story is the branding of the "homosexual couple" as the wrong-doers. It's blatant propaganda by the religious nuts and maniacal bigots.

Yes!

Isn't there a way - IF the grandparents were open minded - for them to still have a relationship as grandparents.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
It's just so sad what's happening over there, taking it as a warning for America doesn't really make me feel any better for the British.

What's even sadder is the fact that all we can do about it is to comment idly on the nightmare in Internet discussion forums like this one, but noone is actually doing anything.

It's a real conspiracy, a conspiracy to dominate and socially oppress an entire population.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
so the social services are negligent when a mother abuses her children and they aren't removed and they're negligent when they insist grandparents of dubious quality shouldn't have custody of children. the full story isn't being presented, clearly.

and where is the mother in all this, what does she want? (besides another hit)

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

What's even sadder is the fact that all we can do about it is to comment idly on the nightmare in Internet discussion forums like this one, but noone is actually doing anything.

Surely this is doing something ? Are we not being involved, discussing and debating forcing ourselves to think a little harder about things ? Maybe when circumstances arise, where we have the opportunity to take action in whatever part of life. We may think a little more clearly having had these discussions and make the right decision just when it's needed.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
You make a very good point.

It's just that things seem so bad over there, that the time for talking has passed, I think that it's time to turn words into actions.

Repeal the ill thought out laws, roll back the tide of PC insanity to at least some degree, restore the rights of native British people, kick the government out of office - something on those lines.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
After going to the link provided, and searching for the actual article since the link doesn't work, I have come to the conclusion that this article is complete and utter bull. If they won in court four times, they wouldn't just give up when threatened with expensive lawyers. If they were not fit to keep the children, the courts wouldn't have sided with them four times. And the majority of that article was only written so that the opinion of the author about homosexual couples could be sprinkled through it and it could be called "news" instead of being called what it is, an opinion piece.

I don't buy a single part of the story as it is currently written for a minute.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join