It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kids find weapons, ammo on school grounds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Kids find weapons, ammo on school grounds

news.ninemsn.com.au

Police have swarmed on a Queensland primary school after students found two firearms on the grounds.

Two boys dug up the shotgun and the .22 calibre rifle, which they found partially buried along with three boxes of ammunition under a building at Musgrave Hill State Primary School on the Gold Coast.

"I saw something plastic, so I dug it up and opened it," Talison Thompson, 8, told Nine News.

"I put one together and the other one was already put together."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   

"I saw something plastic, so I dug it up and opened it," Talison Thompson, 8, told Nine News. "I put one together and the other one was already put together."

Wait a minute, the kids put a gun together?

Why does that disturb me more than the fact someone has stashed a rifle and a shotgun at a school?

And the fact they shot a round off as well!

Crazy stuff, I think there will be more to come of this story.

Check the video in the link

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4-2-2009 by Chadwickus]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
This should not surprise anyone. Do people think that everyone turned in their weapons when they were declared illegal?

If they tried that manuever in the US there would be more guns in the ground than dead people. Plus - anyone smart enough to bury their guns are going to be bright enough to not bury them in their own yard!

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I would have been surprised if the 8 year old boy HADN'T tried to fire off a round or two ... give a boy a gun and he will pretend he is shooting baddies without thought of consequences (crowds of eager onlookers, misfires etc.).

Reminds me of the time I found a nuclear missile under my dad's bed, and wanted to fire it off to scare my little sister but dammit I couldn't find the launch commands. She laughed and told on me. Boy, was I in trouble that day.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

Yeah those launch codes are tricky.

Agreed though, shooting one is probably understandable but actually putting one together? Unless it was real simple to do I just don't see it happening but I guess stranger things have happened.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   

I'm willing to bet it was the shotgun they put together. Those things are a very simple clip-in action of the stock to the barrel. I'm not kidding when I say a 5 year old could figure it out, particularly if it was an old shotgun.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Great find, I had'nt even seen the news today and no one told me about it, so cheers.

This is crazy for so many reasons.

Interesting we were just talking about it..........................
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

your lucky it wasnt in the UK
our nukes were activated by bike locks untill few years back

ontopic
atleast on the bright side he didnt shoot one of his friends

[edit on 4-2-2009 by bodrul]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

"I saw something plastic, so I dug it up and opened it," Talison Thompson, 8, told Nine News. "I put one together and the other one was already put together."

Wait a minute, the kids put a gun together?

The fact an 8 year old could figure it out doesn't surprise me at all. When I was around 5 I started taking apart and reassembling anything I could get my hands on, even ended up fixing some items which eventually led to a life path of technical/scientific work.

Not all children are mechanically inept...

new topics

top topics

join