It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How your Lawmakers vote more than once

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
This is probably a touchy subject. First I’m not from the US and you can say butt out. I stumbled on this video accidently and was quite surprised. It shows Texas Lawmakers voting more than once. This can’t be right but it does appear to be normal.

Just a question; will this change now you have a new president being Texas and all.

Apologies if this has been aired on ATS previously.

MJ2

Ops forgot the link

[edit on 4-2-2009 by majestictwo]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I had no idea.. have never seen or thought about this before. There is something seriously wrong with this especially since their own rules forbid it! I'm going to check my state's rules on this and go and watch for myself. This stinks!!

They should be doing their jobs instead of getting someone else to cover for them. Who's to say that they are even voting the way the person their voting for wants them to?

Thanks for posting it OP. S&F.

[edit on 4/2/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
I had no idea.. have never seen or thought about this before. There is something seriously wrong with this especially since their own rules forbid it! I'm going to check my state's rules on this and go and watch for myself. This stinks!!

They should be doing their jobs instead of getting someone else to cover for them. Who's to say that they are even voting the way the person their voting for wants them to?

Thanks for posting it OP. S&F.

[edit on 4/2/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

Yea I am surprised more people didn’t pick up on this – guess its not as important as a thing in the sky
Thanks for the S&F

MJ2

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Yeah, this has been on ATS before, and I think I ranted for awhile about how insane this is. And yeah, unfortunately, it does seem to be quite typical, if the video is any indication. I wonder how many other places this happens...

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne
Yeah, this has been on ATS before, and I think I ranted for awhile about how insane this is. And yeah, unfortunately, it does seem to be quite typical, if the video is any indication. I wonder how many other places this happens...

The thing is its one rule for us but they can break them if they like. This doesn’t affect me directly but like you I’m thinking its wide spread.

There doesn’t appear to be much interest even though it so important. If anyone has jumped to here without watching the video I urge you and others to take a look. If possible acknowledge with a post so that others can see its worth the look - cheers

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I didn't watch it all a second time, but I did watch long enough to make sure it was the same clip before I posted above. I think the idea was that they had supposedly talked to the person they were voting for beforehand to find out how they were going to vote, but that still doesn't make it right. I mean, I can't have you go vote for me at the polls, even if I were to sign something saying I didn't mind. A vote should be nontransferable, period. Everyone should know that, but the politicians should know it better than anyone else. They do know it, they just don't care.

new topics

top topics

join