It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do if??

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Hopefully, that won't be the case - but every day it seems we are coming closer and closer to that scenario
. I have, however, mentally gone over this topic and am prepared for virtually anything short of this part of the Wisconsin being flattened by a massive nuclear blast.

First priority would be to board up and defend my house. In my area, quite a few people are used to just hopping in their warm cars, driving to the store, and using their magic money cards to buy $200 pairs of shoes. If they can't get what they want, let alone what they need, they'll start to loose it and think they deserve all the food and supplies a 'low life' like myself actually has. Next priority would be to make the house able to exist without any outside power. Just in the department of heat I'd be able to convert my gas fireplace into a wood one with bolt cutters and ten minutes. With half an hour and a toolbox I can get my gas furnace to run off just about anything that is liquid and burns. Also, a string trimmer motor strapped to a magnet setup would be a way to generate power for lights and such. Not very efficient but when you need it it's available.

Then comes the consumables. I am the sixteen year old son in a family of three, one of my parents is physically handicapped and both require medication. I would see to it that the needed drugs would be available. We have quite a bit of food - both in the pantry and stored away for such an occasion - so that won't be an issue. The same can be said for water.

Lastly, there is the issue of long-term survival. Getting resources is a breeze for me (skilled at hunting, fishing, etc...) and as long as someone leaves me alone, I will leave them alone. When things start to get uglier, bugging out will also remain a possibility, as these skills can be used in the wild.

Yes, I know, long post. But hey, being prepared is necessary in times like these.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
i know how to shoot, hunt, garden, repair cars, electricals in my home (it's mostly running on a series of wind turbines, generators and solar already) and most DIY stuff, so I'd sit with my shotgun and baseball bat and wait out the zombies...

...oh, you mean if the dollar collapsed? I'd probably just shrug and go back to playing videogames until it blew over.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
heres what i would do,

punch wall, scream at tv and computer, blame the british j/k, take shot, gather brain

grab US passport and passport of undisclosed country ( dual citizen )

grab supplies, currency, gold/silver and GTFOOTCB (get the # out of the country bag)

drive to border of said country

if border is open, simply cross

if border is closed, get pissed
ditch cell phone and drive to undisclosed location

ditch vehicle, begin to hoof it

arrive in other country with citizenship and passport of said country

go to relatives for time being

call friend to pick up vehicle from undisclosed location

look for job

renounce US citizenship

rebuild life

gotta love dual citizenship