It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Neandartharls live amongst us?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Would it be possible that Homosapiens didnt wipe out all the Neandarthals rather there be a few that mated with us humans and there are still descendants?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Possible left over genes, but not the full monty!!

www.wbaonline.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
too true lol, nice pic

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
In a word... yes,

over there call them chavs

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
up north we call them scallys

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Krossbeau

You may find this interesting - The ulimate family tree

www.abc.net.au...

MJ2

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Yes they do, anyone noticed Carlos Tévez? he is the missing link

2 lines

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Simply put - NO.

Extensive DNA tests have been done on over 6 Neanderthal skeletons DNA which found that we share NO genes or DNA with Neanderthal.

Nothing to see here, move along, move along

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Well strange you should ask because I always wondered this myself. Last year I found out...and the answer is yes. I went out with one! But you will be pleased to learn that the gene will not passed on in my case.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
It is entirely possible that Neanderthals and humans mated when they met, and that the last remnants of the Neanderthal were lose in the human gene pool. Check out The Neanderthal Code for some interesting info!

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Is anyone aware of the Heavyweight boxer Nikolai Valuev? Now theres a guy who fits the bill quite well

Just Google his name and look at the image results - he's certainly a 'anomoly' in terms of a 'normal' looking human Id say! Ive also seen his name come up in threads relating to the Nephilim and the reptilians. Personally I think hes just a great big giant of a man but ya never know I guess

Also I think its worth mentioning as a useless random fact - He was over 24lbs when he was born....his mother was 5' 4" or so and about 8 stone in weight Ouch!!

Ouch number 2 - Take a look at his wife - poor girl probably.....no Im not going down that road - use your imagination!!

sty

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by WatchNLearn
we share NO genes or DNA with Neanderthal.

Can you provide a link with this study? That would be an amazing discovery ! Sure we share genes with the Neanderthal
even with my little hamster we share genes. Only not enough to mate the 2 species: Like dogs and cats .

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchNLearn

wow we dont hare any genes at all with neaderthal? not even the foxp2 gene that humans and neadertal both carry becasue they tested for it?

the fact we have a very common ancestor with them in the last few hundred thousand years suggests like the studies we had a huge number of shared genes but not enough for probable cross species mating

id love to see the studies showing we share no commonality with them after all we carry genes shared by all our cousins including reptiles and fish and bacteria and plants and .. well ya know pretty much everything that alive

Osteocalcin protein sequences of Neanderthals and modern primates
www.pnas.org...

Inactivation of CMP-N-acetylneuraminic acid hydroxylase occurred prior to brain expansion during human evolution
www.pnas.org...

both those have comparisson of certain specific gene between the genomes of homo sapiens sapiens and homo neanderthalensis, conclusions seem to be they are found in both us and them

full genome comparissons put them closer to us then either of u are too chimps

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I don't know if Neanderthals live among us, but I'm pretty sure I live among Neanderthals.

Yes, I know. It's a horrid slander. But not on us. On the Neanderthals.

Neanderthals were probably nice guys. They finished last, after all. It's a crime how we make them out to be nasty brutal semi-apes.

But whether we interbred with them or not (and who can tell?), we must have interacted with them, since our ancestors' range overlapped theirs in space and time. Interacted? I bet we interacted all right. We probably wiped them out.

Does that sound harsh to you? It seems very likely to me. The two species, Homo neanderthalensis and Homo sapiens, were probably in serious competition with each other. Although our ancestors were less exclusively carnivorous than the Neanderthals, the two species were surely similar enough in their diet, habitat, etc., to be competitors for the same resources (I may be wrong on this, though; if I am, I welcome correction by more knowledgeable members).

Anyway, assuming I'm right, the competition for survival ended in a victory for Our Side. How might it have happened? Did we wipe them out by outhunting them and destroying their food supply? Did we infect them with species-jumping diseases to which we were resistant but against which they had no natural defences? Or did we simply make war on them, massacring their bands and tribes, maybe even enslaving them? Were Neanderthal females ever raped by Sapiens males? Considering the things modern humans do with animals much less closely related to themselves than Neanderthals, I can' believe it didn't happen.

Maybe there was interbreeding and we just bred them out of existence.

I hope so. But one notes that the Neanderthals were exclusive carnivores, unlike us, and that Abel was a hunter. Perhaps the Bible story retells, in mythic form, a far, far more ancient crime, a tale of fratricide from the very infancy of our kind: the genocide of the Neanderthals.

Original sin, indeed.

[edit on 11-2-2009 by Astyanax]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrvalleyboy
Is anyone aware of the Heavyweight boxer Nikolai Valuev? Now theres a guy who fits the bill quite well

Just Google his name and look at the image results - he's certainly a 'anomoly' in terms of a 'normal' looking human Id say! Ive also seen his name come up in threads relating to the Nephilim and the reptilians. Personally I think hes just a great big giant of a man but ya never know I guess

Also I think its worth mentioning as a useless random fact - He was over 24lbs when he was born....his mother was 5' 4" or so and about 8 stone in weight Ouch!!

Ouch number 2 - Take a look at his wife - poor girl probably.....no Im not going down that road - use your imagination!!

Yes! I'll admit that he popped into my head as soon as I read the title to the thread.

His grandmother says it is the Tarter blood that gives him his size and looks.

HBO Boxing - Nikolai Valuev

However, at 7ft tall and 325lbs I think he is actually larger than the Neandarthals. But, there is no argument he has a rather unique look about him...

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
octo mom
octo mom
octo mom

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Thought I'd show you as no one seams to of opened the link in the second post on here!
Anyway enjoy!

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by WatchNLearn
Simply put - NO.

Extensive DNA tests have been done on over 6 Neanderthal skeletons DNA which found that we share NO genes or DNA with Neanderthal.

Nothing to see here, move along, move along

Of course not, no missing link can ever be found. Modern human beings were created using caveman's genes and alien DNA. this is why the many jumps in civilization happens...look at America in the past 100 years. We have went from riding horses and steam locomotives to air travel and automobiles, from meals cooked by fire to microwave ovens, and from newspapers to the internet. There is a lot more, but this makes my point.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by zerozero00

i opened the link but it doesn't do the man justice, you need to see him beside a normal person, he's huge. (although i wouldn't call him a Neanderthal, it's a bit mean and the idea he might take offense and come find some of us freaks me out way worse than the MIB or the PTB.)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join