It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Howard Hughes at Roswell

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Just heard an old man call in to Coast to Coast AM and claim he has old black and white reels he inherited, he said he looked at a few and they scared him, he claims President Truman and Howard Hughes were there with the dead bodies that were 'not human', the old man claimed he was willing to show the reels and contacted the Coast staff with his info.

Could be totally bogus, but has anyone ever heard of this connection before? I googled it and found that the story has been mentioned, but I'm not familliar with Hughes seeing the alien bodies or craft, if it was an alien craft it would make sense that the military would involve Hughes, who was an aeronotical genius, he could identify it, and back engineer it better than anyone.

I'll try to find more on this, well here's an article about something similar:

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Might be the beginning of a new hoax, wouldn't doubt it, but at the same time it sounds logical, the craft could've been from China and Hughes could've still been called to look at it, I've never been convinced ET was involved, and have yet to see any believable footage of the 'aliens'.

[edit on 4-2-2009 by Razimus]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Well if it actually leads to something, this could be an amazing discovery.

I'm not getting my hopes up though.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I love Coast to Coast as much as the next person, but some of the phone calls that come in really do make me wonder why George even takes the call at all.

I didn't hear the show you are talking about - but if its true and there is PROOF - then, that would interesting to say the least.

- Carrot

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Thanks for the info on Roswell

This realy is my domain?

Be right back and thanks for the info, now its bed time in OZ

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus

OP, your link is still good 4 years later and that was an interesting read about Howard Hughes. The Hughes/Roswell connection is a plausible conspiracy theory. The time frame is 1946-1947 exactly the time frame that Nazi scientists and engineers are being imported into the US by people like Allen Dulles, Richard Nixon and Henry Kissinger.

It is also during this time frame that Howard Hughes experienced his third airplane crash, in 1946.
As this article indicated the injuries were pretty severe...

Hughes, 3 air crashes, 1928, (right cheekbone crushed so badly...1943, cuts and bruises, knocked out for 12 hours, and 3rd crash 1946 crashed on Whittier Blvd in Los Angeles, burned all the skin on his left hand, never had surgery on that... chest and left lung crushed, 12 broken ribs, and head injuries....
news.google.com...

But only 9 weeks later Hughes is reportedly piloting a B-27 from Culver City to New York City. How can a man so cracked up in a plane crash 9 weeks earlier recover so quickly?

There could be strong connections between the Paperclip Nazi's and Howard Hughes, experimental aircraft designs? Experimental aircraft test flight crashes?

Howard Hughes knows all about experimental aircraft test flight crashes ~ he's been in a few. Could Howard Hughes be a secret lynchpin in the Roswell storyline? Maybe the Apollo storyline, too? Just a few thought provoking questions.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

All interesting thoughts. Not to add too much fuel to the fire, but could this also be related to him soon thereafter going into complete seclusion? The standard report is that he went into an OCD frenzy soon after his last crash, never leaving his room even to remove his own feces until he died in 1976. You cannot even find a single picture of him from that nearly 30-year period. A fun theory: He never really went into seclusion, but was hidden away by the powers that be. Perhaps he wanted to disclose what was truly found in Roswell, and with his power and money he could really make people listen. TPTB would not be so happy about that.

Just a fun theory

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by HistrionicSpock

Just a fun theory

Yes, let's have some fun with this theory.

Howard Hughes crashed an experimental XF-11 on July 7, 1946.
He crashed on Whittier Blvd, in East Los Angeles, right on top of Richard Nixon's home town of Whittier, California.

According to the reports Hughes was pretty cracked up.

burned all the skin on his left hand, never had surgery on that... chest and left lung crushed, 12 broken ribs, and head injuries....

And 9 weeks later, as reported on September 10, 1946, he is piloting a B-23 across the country. And there is another source which says that Howard Hughes broke all 24 ribs. What is that source? Howard Hughes himself said that.

According to my sources here at UNLV.EDU digital.library.unlv.edu...

Hughes Incidentally, later scrutiny of the X-Rays showed that I broke 24 ribs; every single rib, not eleven.

Is it possible to heal in 9 weeks with 24 broken ribs?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by HistrionicSpock

This is interesting.
Ever see "Diamonds Are Forever"?

So HH could have been murdered in 1947 to keep him from exposing the Roswell aliens.
OR...
HH could have been working underground for the military all that time trying to back engineer the alien craft.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

The Hughes/Roswell Connections

Just for the sake of my own curiosity I'm going to start looking at the Hughes timelines '46-'47.

Howard Hughes crashed an experimental XF-11 on July 7, 1946.
Howard Hughes piloted a B-23 transport plane across country as reported on September 10, 1946.

(9 weeks recovery? Is this a case of Miraculous Healing?)

Howard Hughes flew his XF-11, version 2, on a successful test flight, April, 1947.

Roswell incident, according to wikipedia "The Roswell UFO incident, also known as Roswell, was a report of an object that crashed near Roswell, New Mexico, in June or July 1947, allegedly an extra-terrestrial spacecraft and its alien occupants."

Howard Hughes is seen before Congress giving testimony about his wartime airplane contracts, August 6, 1947, where the hearings investigate whether that Howard Hughes was in a prid pro quo conspiracy with the Pentagon General officer who had the authority to make airplane contracts. And this General had wanted a job working for Howard Hughes. Also it was revealed that Hughes was in the red to the Internal Revenue Service for over 8 million bucks.

My first intuition upon looking at the transcript : It's a movie script
www.senate.gov...

The Hughes appearance before Congress on August 6, 1947 was totally pre-written and pre-scripted. You have to read it to believe it!

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Firstly, I point out that the HH crash of July 1946 was probably faked, or, his injuries were faked. The recovery time of 9 weeks for so many severe injuries is totally unbelievable.

Secondly, I point out that the August '47 of HH testimony before congress was a "production". And this is the proof in the transcript: Howard Hughes is using his skills as a film maker to exert direct control over the congressional proceedings.

Case in point. Are they discussing airplane contracts or are they making a movie here?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Jackpot.

I hope you can all see what a massive deception is going on with Howard Hughes crashing his XF-11.

If you watched the video you hear the News Narrator saying : The pilot said his accident was due to motor failure shortly after take off. When Howard Hughes crashed his XF-11 into the home of a "Lt. Colonel Meyers (sp) Chief Interpreter at the Nuremberg War Trials."

According to other reports, the Hughes test flight was scheduled for 45 minutes but he started to experience trouble after 90 minutes... what kind of trouble? His landing gear wasn't working and he was having engine trouble.

50-50 chance to live? Oxygen tent?

And by the way, I'm having no luck searching on a "Lt. Col. Meyers" who was also chief interpreter at Nuremberg so if anybody can find a source on that data point I would greatly appreciate it. It's tough because I don't know what the correct spelling of "Meyers" should be, it could be "Myers" even "Maiers" or "Myers".

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
If Howard Hughes walked "staggered" away from this crash then I can also believe he could be linked to the Roswell incident.

edit to add source for the pic and a great article
www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 2/7/2013 by SayonaraJupiter because: add source

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

Hi Carrot: Ummm...Did you think this question through before you asked it?

...I love Coast to Coast as much as the next person, but some of the phone calls that come in really do make me wonder why George even takes the call at all.

Obvious Answer: Because George is not clairvoyant and has no possible way of knowing what a caller is going to say before the caller calls in to say it!

p.s. nothing personal - and I love the Avatar...

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I've never heard of Truman or Howard Hughes mentioned in connection to Roswell. Nice find if it turns out to be true.

Would make sense though, as Howard Hughes would have been the leading expert in all things aviation at the time and probably a leading authority to identify remains or find out about capabilities of recovered craft.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Howard Hughes was mentioned, in 1947, in the same breath as 'flying saucers', in this newspaper report, and I think there is more to this story, especially with regard to the HH and RN connections.

I know it;s just an old gossipy, end of the year 1947, newspaper column.

Or is it?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Found an possible link between Howard Hughes and flying saucers... Hughes was one of America's top innovators in aerospace AND film making which is a rare combination. He was fervent and rabid anti-Communist. He was involved in experimental military aircraft during this same era. He was involved with American Cold War propaganda movies.

Hughes was the boss at RKO pictures from the late 40's to about '55. One of the movies he produced during that time was "Jet Pilot" starring John Wayne. Some production notes confirmed the intimate working relationship between the film production and the USAF. Even Chuck Yeager was flying jets in this movie!

The opening dialogue of "Jet Pilot" is as follows:

Wayne: Dog Patch Red to Yellow Kid. Dog Patch Red to Yellow Kid.
Ground Controller: Yellow Kid to Dog Patch Red, go ahead.
Wayne: Got any more dope on the bogie or has it turned into another flying saucer?
Ground Controller: Bogie is still out of range for intercept. How much fuel do you have left?
Wayne: About One Five Zero gallons. By the way, that bogie might be my Operations Officer Major Rexford coming in from Whitehorse. He might have overshot the field.
Ground Control: No, we've already identified Rexford. Bogie came into our radar net across the Bering Sea from Siberia. We must assume it is Russian as it does not show IFF.
Wayne: Russians? Are you on the level or is this just a drill?
Ground Control: Yellow Kid to Dog Patch Red. I repeat Russian and this is no drill. You are relieved to refuel. Keep two squadrons with hot guns on stand-by alert.
Wayne: Roger.

Howard Hughes' "JET PILOT", filmed in 1950, released 7 years later, after Hughes had already sold his control stake in RKO and this is also approximately the time that Howard Hughes goes into seclusion. Also, 1957 was his last public appearance according to his biographers. Hughes was quoted in a 1972 newspaper as saying :

The Sun - Mar 17, 1972 "I haven't met anybody in 23 years outside of the people in my close circle." Article includes more Hughes quotes on seclusion. Source news.google.com...

First 10 minutes of Howard Hughes' "JET PILOT"

The Russian pilot is brought down to a landing. It turns out to be ... Janet Leigh... one of many Hollywood starlets Hughes chased and one of the few who rebuffed him. Jet Pilot was reportedly Howard Hughes's favorite film, one he watched repeatedly in his later years.

edit on 3/25/2013 by SayonaraJupiter because: edited for clarity

edit on 3/25/2013 by SayonaraJupiter because: last edit

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Could Howard Hughes be a secret lynchpin in the Roswell storyline?

Not the first time it's been put forward.

Lets face it, if you are the military in 1947, and you recover debris from a crash that isn't yours, and that you send to two of the top air bases equipped to examine foreign aircraft...wouldn't YOU call in Mr. Hughes as a consult? I would. Of course, there is some difficulty placing Truman there at the time.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
ok i read the link and personally i think its a hoax and not a very good one at that.

my question is this , why from thousand of cases all around the world , people in (especially) US UFOLOGY still trying to add stuff to the already mythical roswell incident ? it becoming more and more fantastic in each telling, just like a campfire story retelling that got more and more fantastic the more people involved in telling it. There are bigger mystery in UFOLOGY that more interesting than the roswell myth keep alive by the lunatic fringe of UFOLOGY. Read the COLARES Incident in Brazil for an eye opener of how UFO Phenomena investigated by military and yet they still as confused at the end.

my 2nd question is : why people keep trying to tie up unrelevant facts to roswel incident ? trying to tie howard huges to roswell incident ? most people know HHughes's involvement with goverment/CIA that resulted in the recovery of russian sunk submarine, but that didnt mean HH got involved in every shady gov/cia project..

Roswell, Aliens, Conspiracy, Dulce, Reptilian/grey, Space War,Soul Catcher .. all these fantasy from the lunatic fringe of ufology is really ruining the real UFO research.

edit on 25-3-2013 by milomilo because: grammar spelling

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

WHAT THE ROSWELL INCIDENT WAS NOT

Before discussing specific positive results that these efforts revealed, it is first appropriate to discuss those things, as indicated by information available to the Air Force, that the "Roswell Incident" was not:

1. An Airplane Crash

Of all the things that are documented and tracked within the Air Force, among the most detailed and scrupulous are airplane crashes. In fact, records of air crashes go back to the first years of military flight. Safety records and reports are available for all crashes that involved serious damage, injury, death, or a combination of these factors.

These records also include incidents involving experimental or classified aircraft. USAF records showed that between June 24, 1947, and July 28, 1947, there were five crashes in New Mexico alone, involving A-26C, P-5 IN, C-82A, P-80A and PQ-14B aircraft; however, none of these were on the date(s) in question nor in the area(s) in question.

In this area, the search efforts revealed that there are no air safety records pertaining to weather balloon crashes (all weather balloons "crash" sooner or later); however, there are provisions for generating reports of "crashes" as ground safety incidents in the unlikely chance that a balloon injures someone or causes damage.

However, such records are only maintained for five years.

2. A Missile Crash

A crashed or errant missile, usually described as a captured German V-2 or one of its variants, is sometimes set forth as a possible explanation for the debris recovered near Roswell.

Since much of this testing done at nearby White Sands was secret at the time, it would be logical to assume that the government would handle any missile mishap under tight security, particularly if the mishap occurred on private land.

From the records reviewed by the Air Force, however, there was nothing located to suggest that this was the case. Although the bulk of remaining testing records are under the control of the US Army, the subject has also been very well documented over the years within Air Force records. There would be no reason to keep such information classified today.

The USAF found no indicators or even hints that a missile was involved in this matter.

3. A Nuclear Accident

One of the areas considered was that whatever happened near Roswell may have involved nuclear weapons.

This was a logical area of concern since the 509th Bomb Group was the only military unit in the world at the time that had access to nuclear weapons. Again, reviews of available records gave no indication that this was the case.

A number of records still classified TOP SECRET and SECRET-RESTRICTED DATA having to do with nuclear weapons were located in the Federal Records Center in St. Louis, MO . These records, which pertained to the 509th, had nothing to do with any activities that could have been misinterpreted as the "Roswell Incident."

Also, any records of a nuclear related incident would have been inherited by the Department of Energy (DOE), and, had one occurred, it is likely DOE would have publicly reported it as part of its recent declassification and public release efforts.

There were no ancillary records in Air Force files to indicate the potential existence of such records within DOE channels, however.

4. An Extraterrestrial Craft

The Air Force research found absolutely no indication that what happened near Roswell in 1947, involved any type of extraterrestrial spacecraft.

This, of course, is the crux of this entire matter. "Pro-UFO" persons who obtain a copy of this report, at this point, most probably begin the "cover-up is still on" claims.

Nevertheless, the research indicated absolutely no evidence of any kind that a spaceship crashed near Roswell or that any alien occupants were recovered therefrom, in some secret military operation or otherwise. This does not mean, however, that the early Air Force was not concerned about UFOs.

However, in the early days, "UFO" meant Unidentified Flying Object, which literally translated as some object in the air that was not readily identifiable. It did not mean, as the term has evolved in today's language, to equate to alien spaceships.

Records from the period reviewed by Air Force researchers as well as those cited by the authors mentioned before, do indicate that the USAF was seriously concerned about the inability to adequately identify unknown flying objects reported in American airspace. All the records, however, indicated that the focus of concern was not on aliens, hostile or otherwise, but on the Soviet Union. Many documents from that period speak to the possibility of developmental secret Soviet aircraft overflying US airspace.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus
Just heard an old man call in to Coast to Coast AM and claim he has old black and white reels he inherited, he said he looked at a few and they scared him, he claims President Truman and Howard Hughes were there with the dead bodies that were 'not human', the old man claimed he was willing to show the reels and contacted the Coast staff with his info.

First of all it is a story by caller Bob and he was talking about Eisenhower, not Truman.
It took us many men hours to detect and join actual clips and follow-ups. Many researchers worked on this at the time. Overview digest is available here from 4 yeras ago:
ufoprintclip.fii.me...

Similar situation repeated with other c2c callers that proved later to be dead end. Based on those examples, I am now extremely skeptical about c2c spectacular callers.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join