It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masons in the Military

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I've been in the navy for the last four years and I've never met more masons than i have in the military. An interesting point is that most of the are African-American. It's pretty odd. Most of the guys will talk about someone wearing a masons ring and say,"he's not really a mason." And they talk about it like it is something really important, but they are not masons themselves. Anyway like i was say there are tons in the military. I'm currently on deployment in Qatar and there is a lodge out here for military members. I noticed this last night when i came across a guy wearing jacket for the Qatar military members lodge 219 or 217 or something. I just wanted to know if anyone had any insight as the why there are so many masons in the miltary, moreso than i've known in the civilian world. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Freemasons are the self-proclaimed defenders of democracy. The military defends democracy. I think we can see the attraction here.

Or will someone suggest that they are there to gather intel on military tactics and standard methods of operation to exploit weakness in the system to better take over the world?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

I guess that makes sense. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by n0tsan3

My thoughts are that the millitary attempts to instill a level of disipline and character in every Soldier/Squid/Airman that makes them a stronger individual. Masonry has some teachings that follow those lines closely and instills a sense of pride or espre' de corps. I was proud to serve and I am proud to be a mason. Just my opinion though.

top topics

join