It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question concerning our beliefs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I have a question to all of you who believe in the second coming of Christ. I have seen how passionate a lot of you are on this site when it comes to defending his or her own religion or beliefs. This question is posed more toward Christians. How will you know when the Christ returns? First, as we know, none of us knows what he looks or looked like. So if the Christ came back and said that he was the same person I would expect more than 90% of his �followers� to say �This man isn�t Christ he is the anti-Christ or an imposter�. What is performs a miracle? Will it be considered magic?

I've heard a lot about this Maitreya guy. He is supposedly supposed to being the same sprit or messenger that God send down to talk to the people of the earth. The only reason I don�t believe that he is a true messenger is because most of these secret societies know about him and want him to come fourth to bring about the New World Order. But then again I never met the Guy so how would I know. In fact how would any of us know he could be he could not be. Any takers?

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Wow, that is a good question. I am a fence sitter when it comes to religion, so I may not be the best person to answer this. Here goes.

It describes Jesus coming down from the heavens or something on a cloud....with trumpets...maybe in revelations? Im not exactly sure. I am though sure it describes how he will return. In anycase....I think that when that happens, they will know.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 07:44 AM
link   
When jesus comes for the second time, life is supposed to end then and there. I don't think he'll come back trying to persuade people to follow him. one he steps foot on earth again, life will cease to exist.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by IKnowNothing
When jesus comes for the second time, life is supposed to end then and there. I don't think he'll come back trying to persuade people to follow him. one he steps foot on earth again, life will cease to exist.

What do you mean by "life will cease to exist"?

Do you mean life as we know it? Or do you mean our consciousness will cease to exist?

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Well for one we will be in a spirit form , in other words free from flesh , when the anti christ comes there is one sure way to know , and that is if you still have skin, flesh , and bones, second , he will recieve a head wound , and what not , there is a lot to help people out.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   

we have this description of the kingdom.

"And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season. And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years. And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them. And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever."

What will the kingdom be like? Here we will examine some of the basic characteristics of the kingdom.
www.matthewmcgee.org...

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Matthew 24:36 (NIV) "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.
Matthew 24:42-44 (NIV) "Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. 43 But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. 44 So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.

1 Thessalonians 5:1-4 (NIV) Now, brothers, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, 2 for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3 While people are saying, "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape. 4

Luke 21:10-28. "Then he said unto them, 'Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom [world wars]: and great earthquakes shall be in diverse places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.

"So also, when you see these things happening: know that the kingdom of God is near. In truth I tell you, before this generation has passed away all will have taken place." (Luke 21:31-32)

"For this we declare to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have died. For the Lord himself ... will descend from heaven, and the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up in the clouds together with them to meet the Lord in the air; and so we will be with the Lord forever." (1 Thessalonians 4:15-17)

these are some of the passages that I know about the 2nd coming, I'm looking for more.

new topics

join