It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook sponsored poll - 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
While I realize many here share my view of Facebook as a government ploy to learn everything about you, I have it and they probably know my deepest darkest secrets.

Anyhow, I found it quite odd (those of you who have Facebook will recognize this) when one of the polls/sponsors on the main page came up with this:

Now realize that typically in this space there is some Facebook sponsored poll for who is watching Grey's Anatomy this week or who is attending Obama's inauguration. Why would this appear? Are they polling everyone to see how many people believe 2012 means TEOTWAWKI?... Or are they just polling me because they know I visit ATS?

After my initial shock at seeing this poll dissipated, further astonishment ensued, why a BBQ at Yellowstone National Park? Yellowstone is centered on the Yellowstone Caldera, North America's largest supervolcano.

Your thoughts are encouraged and appreciated.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
i wouldn't look too much into it. 2012 has so much of a following that it is doesn't seem too wierd to me especially with the movie coming out showing natural disasters occuring for 2012. i think it is just intended to be a joke. would only be fishy if the poll maker was like a top government guy or something which is most likely not the case.

[edit on 4-2-2009 by jpm06002]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Well, MySpace was running a viral ad for the new 2012 movie coming out. Their big banner on the myspace home page sometimes is a link to some kind of 2012 Survival Lottery.

Does this Facebook poll look like it could be some kind of viral ad as well? Sorry I don't use Facebook....

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I don't see a poll at all. I see a payed advertisement for a party inspired by the 2012 prophecies, with 3 options "Yes" "No" and "Maybe" - indicating whether or not you will go to the party.

No offense but did you read it before you posted it here?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
i think its just an invite to a party at Yellowstone. boy will they feel stupid when it erupts.

its good to see a "maybe" on an invite.

top topics

join