It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is more biased? MSNBC or Fox?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I don't know how to argue this one.

I used to watch MSNBC quite a bit. I liked it a lot. I then realized that the news was completely partisan and that it was geared at a dumb audience that can't think beyond partisan terms.

I also tried watching Fox a little. They always talked about the Democrats as "the Democrats" and they're like "Democrats are trying to do this" and it seemed like they were too negative about the Democrats... I wanted to find an alternative.

So I decided to start watching CNBC and CNN. It seems like broadcasters working for MSNBC and Fox News have forgotten how to be objective. It's like they're not news programs. They're just talk shows with talking heads and media personalities just spewing propaganda their side believes in.

At least with CNBC and CNN there is some sort of objectivity.

I believe at least in those other places there exists no form of objectivity to be measured because they are partisan networks.

Now I ask, given the facts, partisan banter aside, which news source is more biased?

I myself would have to go with MSNBC. I mean Fox is bad but MSNBC has been using some of the same tactics that Fox has and MSNBC seems to leave out facts that contradict with their opinions. I've noticed that Fox seems to have more facts than MSNBC.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Interesting I would have to say Fox because of the same reason you say MSNBC, only with the additions of:

Regurgitation between all talking heads of the same points.
No vetting of information at all-rumormongering if you will.
Generally appearing to be all about shock value by screaming hellfire at whim, or when politically expediant to boot.

But the top notch of it is the pure making up of 'facts' that are never mentioned again after they are called on it.

-edit
side note: I dont watch either, I just see occasional clips of shows on various websites. Both stations seem to be all about ratings. The TMZ's of 'reporting'.

[edit on 4-2-2009 by lordtyp0]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35

I used to watch MSNBC quite a bit. I liked it a lot. I then realized that the news was completely partisan and that it was geared at a dumb audience that can't think beyond partisan terms.

I also tried watching Fox a little. They always talked about the Democrats as "the Democrats" and they're like "Democrats are trying to do this" and it seemed like they were too negative about the Democrats... I wanted to find an alternative.

So I decided to start watching CNBC and CNN. It seems like broadcasters working for MSNBC and Fox News have forgotten how to be objective. It's like they're not news programs. They're just talk shows with talking heads and media personalities just spewing propaganda their side believes in.

At least with CNBC and CNN there is some sort of objectivity.

Although each News Organization may lean one way or the other Politically speaking, I tend to find FOX News to be the most Balanced, Factual, and Fair. CNN used to be the most absolutely Leftist News Channel available, but MSNBC seems to have surpassed them in this factor (during the Past Campaign Season especially).

I truly do not find CNN to be "Objective" by any stretch of the Imagination, and I mean that in the most Non-Partisan Objective fashion of which I have attempted to scrutinize them. CNN used to be my main News Source many years ago, then MSNBC, but as of recent I have truly begun to trust FOX News more so than any other. So many of their Commentators are Liberals, and the "Hannity & Colmes" Program used to portray the very definition of "Balanced". They have a wide range of Conservative Hosts as well, and when you combine their Presentation, with Counter-Arguments from the Commentators, you truly achieve an unsurpassed level of Objectivity.

Anyways, that is my Opinion, and I have for many years kept a close-tabs on Politics and News (Hey, I am a Washington, D.C. Native, what can I say?), so I feel that I have a very good amount of insight into this subject. If your opinion varies however, I can respect that.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Who is more biased? MSNBC or Fox?

I would have to say they go hand in hand. Its the mental Left VS Right mentality that is hard to argue, as they both come up on a stalemate. Right vs Left lifestyles.

Fox is more biased to liberal party ideas.
MSNBC is more biased to republican party ideas.

Its a never ending loop that controls peoples minds. And drives to divide the masses. ITs part of how TV is programing your mind to work on sertin frequencies.
So I say they are both Biased in their own way depending on how you see it in your life.

[edit on 4-2-2009 by zysin5]

top topics

join