It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army Body Armor Recalled

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
An audit by the Inspector General has determined that the armor plates in body armor are insufficient, and 16,000 have been recalled.

The Army disagrees, but agreed to pull these plates until the matter can be resolved.

One may recall the flap when Dragon Skin was tested by the Army, discounted as inadequate, and would not subject the armor side by side with already approved armor.

And while generals were purchasing Dragon Skin for themselves, troops were forbidden from doing the same thing - buying their own Dragon Skin.

Source: Military.com

[edit on 4-2-2009 by dooper]

[edit on 4-2-2009 by dooper]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

What brand and model(s) are you refering to???

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
There are apparently five or so manufacturers of the ceramic plates that are used for high impact chest and back protection.

These have been pulled, and don't ask me what the guys are using in the meantime.

That plate, once hit, becomes little more than a pocket of gravel, anyway.

The Defense Department and the Secretary of Defense are going to have to get this sorted out and fast.

I just was informed by the online Army Times.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
What's even weirder, the second last time I was on their site I was in talks with to purchase a Dragon Skin vest + sleeves, and they got a copy of my info and such but no word from them. And then the last time I tried to go to their site it was completely gone! So I wonder if the company was shut down..?

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

I dont see how they can botch up on body armor. How crazy.
S&F

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I'm not sure unless it's a manufacturing defect or something like that. Or it was on purpose, it would be a easy way to bleed us of troops.

top topics

join