It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats going on a BAFB?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I live in Louisiana in the shreveport area. Ove been attending LA Tech Barksdale for about two years now. Its a pretty neat expierence. Seeing all the planes and how that kind of thing operates. Pretty cool.

Anywho.... today i went to school as usual. Night classes which start at 5:30p.m. When you get to the base you have to stop t the guard post and show the proper passes and such. today i noticed that the guard at the gate was wearing a helment which is usuallt a hat. He also had on a bullet proof vest over his guard uniform. It really took me off guard. i noticed that they were doing random searches of vehicles going onto the base. The car in fromt of me got searched! I pulled uto the guy who is one of about 5 or 6 different people who usuallt are guarding that post when i go to school. The man look physically shaken. Just nervous for some reason. He gave me a good look over and ley me go on to class.

Is this something that is common on military bases? If anyone has any info on this or at least has an idea i would be greatly appreciative.

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Anytime you see an obvious change-up in the normal day to day order of the day on a military base, yes, something was anticipated.

Now they may not know what is anticipated exactly, or they wouldn't be pulling cars at random.

But a change like you describe is that there has been a threat identified, but not identified as to be specific.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I wonder what this threat could have been? Even when i was walking into class there were two teachers sitting by the front door asking everyone who cane in if they could see their ID and DL. That has never happened either.

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
The greater the number of filters, the less chance of a turd getting into the stew.

Good for them!

We don't know if this was a local threat or a regional or national threat. Maybe some of our members who are in the military, or have family in the military can share any changes in their military communities.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Oh good Lordie! We's all gonna die!

Ok, enough drama. Military bases from time to time practice "Alerts". At least Air Force Bases do. The MP's dress up, the aircrews remain in an alert status, the ground personnel don their chemical warfare gear. No worries. I'm sure they are just having an "Exercise". This is routine procedure on military bases. Ask any former/current military personnel.

By the way, I used to HATE wearing that damned chemical warfare gear! Hot, uncomfortable, you feel like you are a living condom.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by CreeWolf

thanks for the info. the only thing is that the guards who check ids are not military. BAFB contracts that job out. So do the civilian workers have to participate always?

MessOnTheFED!

Note: its pretty late here so im cashing out ill check back tomorrow>

[edit on 3-2-2009 by MessOnTheFED!]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by CreeWolf

Sorry to bust your bouble but this is incorect. If the base were having a drill or a test of some sort then the front gate and 99% of the time all gates to and within the base are on normal procedure. Due to traffic to and within the base. I know this because I have to drive to work in one of the United States biggest bases, good ole Fort Bragg, North Carolina. Which has both the army base and an air force base (Pope). Plus if they had a drill recently you would be able to check, not sure how but my step dad which happens to be a retired 82nd checks up on them daily. Sometimes they post ahead of time or after the drills. Anyways sounds to me that they might have gotten a false call in of a threat or maybe then knew something we didn't ... who knows, they tend to do it alot lol.

Hope that helps =).

EDITED TO ADD,
If they have civilian contractors on base they don't have to take part ... most of the time they don't. Unless ofcourse they are training to go overseas which is highly unlikely in this case.

[edit on 4-2-2009 by Mr.x211]

top topics

join