It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is this forum ignored?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I mean everybody talks about the SHTF.

Everybody wonders what it might look like, and how Martial Law comes into play... well look no further. This event had it all... it was almost like a trail run, it was like practise.

This event is what America is going to look like minus the water and flooding.

So I just wish people would post here a little more... I wish people from New Orleans would give us updates of how the city looks, because the media has no intrest in reporting how the city is recovering.

Seriously... this thread needs some love...

Is anybody on ATS interested in talking about what really happened in Katrina?

We remember 9-11, but forget Katrina.

[edit on 3-2-2009 by Doomsday 2029]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Well I'm not exactly from New Orleans, but I'm only a few miles south so I do know a decent bit about it.

It's relatively back to normal after the hurricanes, but there seems to be a lot more crime than I remember it having. It could just be faulty memory, but I still wouldn't walk there with money after dark. There are several parts of the city that remain battle scarred with water marks and broken buildings, but a lot of it is rebuilt and looking better.

*Forgot to add this, I heard on the local news the other day that they plan to get rid of the soldiers that still patrol the streets. There aren't many of them, but the police force they have is a little weak so they were nice to have. Not sure if this turned up on other news sources though.*

One thing that these hurricanes showed me is that I'm kinda proud of the people who live here. I saw people who had everything they worked for and sometimes people they loved wash away, and they just got back up and kept going.

I will always remember Katrina just as much as I remember 9-11. My family was lucky and we didn't lose much, but it was hard for a while after the storm.

[edit on 3-2-2009 by PaperIons]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Because it is not a conspiracy.... to me anyways.

It was far more successful then people give it credit for. It had the best evacuation imagineable.

While people got left behind, most of them chose that route. Most of them were older, and felt the hurricane wasn't going to be as bad as it was.

Camille was a far worse hurricane then Katrina. The difference was the state selling of its biggest protection, the wetlands.

There was a lot of media hype to this situation.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Hurricane Katrina was a natural disaster. It's possible that the hurricane was somehow man-made through the use of technologies such as HAARP, but in all likelihood it was probably just a natural hurricane.

That being said, where is the conspiracy here?

Is the conspiracy that George Bush didn't like black people?

Yes, they basically used Martial Law tactics in New Orleans, but many people could efficiently argue that it was justifiable given the circumstances.

If they want to use Martial Law nationwide to round people up into concentration camps, then yes, we have something to worry about.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Well, I won't talk about about weather control in this thread

And I won't even talk about the witnesses that said they heard explosions (blowing the levees) that day either...

But there was a conspiracy here... Yes there was.

What I saw was a Quarantine. Many people were trapped in the city and could not leave on foot.

The evacuation was... well... I don't wanna sound racist, but these weren't the most pleasent people to be around, but I think 5 days was a bit too long.

There are videos of Bush talking about how the levees could possibly break (before the storm hit)... and then he goes on to say that "nobody could of anticipated it" a week later. ??????

The FEMA cards were all effed up and not to mention the insurance companies told these people to screw off. And were was the bailout for these people? How much money was given to Red Cross that these people never saw a dime of?

I just think Spike Lee did an excelent job with his four part series that aired on HBO.
I hope the ATS community got to see it.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I have no idea why people freak out of martial law in New Orleans. I was in NO right after Katrina with a medical group. It was ridiculous with the martial law, I couldn't imagine what it would have been like if the military wasn't there. A fairly large number of the people who were still there after Katrina were savages and useless individuals. Someone had to keep order because the NO police sure as hell weren't.

Thank God for the soldiers that came.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Never saw a dime of the Red Cross money? Have you lost your mind? They were handing out those damn credit cards like candy and then refilling them.
The Red Cross did an amazing job.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by alkali

www.cnn.com...

you call this an amazing job?

Wow... If I wanted to give the victims of Katrina $100... I'll be sure to do it in person. The MIDDLE man always robs you.

This man wanted a bailout... is $700 good for you?

We aren't taling about a Nation in this situation... we are talking about a City.

[edit on 3-2-2009 by Doomsday 2029]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029
reply to post by alkali

www.cnn.com...

you call this an amazing job?

Wow... If I wanted to give the victims of Katrina $100... I'll be sure to do it in person. The MIDDLE man always robs you.

This man wanted a bailout... is $700 good for you?

We aren't taling about a Nation in this situation... we are talking about a City.

I don't know if that was a joke or not. The link was a scam by 22 American Cross volunteers in California.. Out of nearly 250,000 volunteers for hurricane Katrina you find 22 in California that are bad? Holy hell, let's burn the Red Cross centers to the ground!

The situation was complex, there were a thousands of people who needed assistance and you found a video of some idiot who received $700 rather than $2000, thought he DESERVED $20,000, and he felt like he was brought to Houston on a slave ship. That's your justification for saying how poor the response was to Katrina? He wasn't happy and thankful that he was evacuated from NO and wasn't left to die like the other 1577 people in LA. No sir, he was mad because he thought he was being treated like a slave. Maybe they should have left his useless ass in New Orleans.

Don't give me videos of useless pieces of crap human beings and then tell me how badly the Red Cross did. Sometimes I get angry that I'm the same species as people like the jackass in that video..

edit to include quote

[edit on 4-2-2009 by alkali]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Even thou I'm not an American I will never forget Katrina . The image of a body floating in the water , an media interview with an elderly couple who had without water for days , aid workers being denied entry from Canada by the Department of Homeland Security e.t. c

The after mouth of Katrina is still around . Much of New Orleans has yet to be rebuilt and the city has been depopulated. As far as I know the levies haven't been rebuilt in a stronger form . All of this has been discussed before along with the Corruption and the area social problems .

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I think this forum is ignored mostly for the absurdity that goes on in here. People saying the government blew the levees or created the hurricane through some sort of weather manipulation (Because that's a lot less believable then the government doing 9/11). I mention 9/11 because for the most part, the people behind "national disaster" and "Government Conspiracy" are mostly stampeding to the 9/11 conspiracy forum instead of the much more interesting Avian Flu and Katrina Conspiracies forum. For some reason, it is easier for them to believe bombs were planted in the Trade Centers and not on the levees, or that the Avian Flu is a product of a Bio Warfare test gone wrong.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
This is crazy man... the next season begin real soon and its suposed to be crazy!

new topics

top topics

join