It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are no Atheists.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Go outside on a clear dark, or even a bright night. Look in the sky and think about what you see.

Apply simple two year old reasoning now, nothing complex, even for the village idiot.

Burning lamps comparable to the sun placed precisely so that if viewed from here and connected with lines in one's mind portray images recognizable to man.

The heavens declare him. All things he has created cry out to you laying forth evidence.

You live and move in him and you say he doesn't exist. How foolish is that? Does anyone even think?

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I think I am a little lost as to the point in the thread.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Now apply 18-year old reasoning, you're probably closer to being the village idiot than the two year old, but you have a more advanced education and understanding of the world. You have known for sometime that magic isn't real and that life doesn't happen like Disney told us it would. You've grown up enough to question your beliefs and take a look at what you're meant to believe from a neutral standpoint. You notice that this concept of God is notably absent from the present day world and no excuse can satisfy you.

People questioned the amazing wonders of life and discovered science could make sense of them and you say it's wrong. How foolish is that? Why can't you think harder?

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
You're right in a sense. While there are certainly people who claim there is no God - it's just an empty claim. There's no good evidence for atheism, in fact all the evidence is to the contrary - as your brief post demonstrates. It amounts to nothing but willful denial of the obvious and the suppression of the truth spoken of by the apostle Paul in Romans 1.

I was just reading an essay a few hours ago that makes the same argument...

So if you call yourself an atheist, you are saying that you have no belief in a God—a Creator. Creation just happened. Everything you see—all the different breeds of dog (both male and female), all the different breeds of cat (both male and female), all the different fish in the ocean (both male and female), giraffes, elephants, cattle, sheep, horses, birds, flowers, trees, the sun, the moon, the stars, the four seasons, night and day, the marvels of the human body—the eye with its 137,000,000 light sensitive cells (we have been made well Robert) . . . all these marvels of creation were made by nothing. They all just happened. That’s atheism at its core. What an intellectual embarrassment.

Then the professing atheist has the unbelievable gall to consider himself intelligent, and he thinks that science backs up his delusion. Think of the ludicrous language an atheist is forced to use. He can’t say that creation was “created” and he has to avoid saying that everything has been “made.” He will even say that he has no beliefs . . . that he is “without belief.” His problem is that he hasn’t thought his beliefs through. If he has any intellectual self-respect he will move from the “nothing created everything” belief, to the “something did it but I just don’t know what it was.” And is doing so he distances himself from the embarrassing label of “atheist.”

www.pulltheplugonatheism.com...

Yes extraordinary claims like "God doesn't exist" require extraordinary evidence and atheism just fails to deliver. Not only does atheism require blind faith - it requires blind faith in an obvious absurdity.

[edit on 2/3/2009 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
yeah # science
all praise amen , sun of god

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Just because I know that all the religions that have ever come and gone on this earth are a lie ,doesn't at all mean that I can't look around me and find all the beauty and life I see breathtaking

comeon now

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
This thread is pure flame bait and religious zeal.

It can add nothing to any discussion apart from yet another Christian vs Atheist thread.

Oh and your topic title is wrong. I exist, I am and Atheist, and I spend plenty of time looking at the stars... mainly to try and spot UFOs.

I'm reporting this topic now.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Yes extraordinary claims like "God doesn't exist" require extraordinary evidence and atheism just fails to deliver. Not only does atheism require blind faith - it requires blind faith in an obvious absurdity.

Yes, extraordinary claims like "God does exist" require extraordinary evidence and religion just fails to deliver. Not only does religion require blind faith - it requires blind faith in an obvious absurdity.

All I need to do is change a few words around in your sentences, and I can use your own argument against you. Your logic is flawed, my friend.

[edit on 2/4/2009 by Hyzera]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I disagree that we are moving in him. The creation itself is based on logic. Logic is the result and creation of consciousness.

I understand your perspective, I once thought the same. But I think it's a matter of the thinker(god) and the thought(creation).

What is the only thing that can create something out of nothing? Thought.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by WiseSheep

Well it does seem hard to believe that some people can't see that the universe was intelligently built, but there are athiests, I just don't believe there are too many when they know their about to die or when a close family member dies, look at darwin, his child died and he cursed god, look at crowley he cursed god when his dad died.

The more I hear 'athiests' talk about their point of view the more I realise they are closer to a UFO cult, with religious 'faith' in something they can't see.

[edit on 5-2-2009 by Razimus]

[edit on 5-2-2009 by Razimus]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Just a thought to add..... Why have humans always, throughout the history of mankind, worshiped something. Why is it in so many to seek a higher power? I believe it's because deep within us all, we know there is something else greater than us. I just so happen to think that it's GOD.
Who are we to try to understand the utter mind-blowing complexity of the universes? It cracks me up when humans try to rationalize what GOD is thinking or what his plan is. God is a human word and doesn't even begin to explain what is really out there. I believe we are here because GOD can only be realized in the human experience. Just my opinion, take it easy on me guys!! Don't :bash:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
This monolith had an intelligent creator. Just look at the symmetry and the perfect edges.

Now if only we could find something this complex in real life. Something right here on Earth.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by WiseSheep
The heavens declare him. All things he has created cry out to you laying forth evidence.

You live and move in him and you say he doesn't exist. How foolish is that? Does anyone even think?

Sorry, when I look up at the sky, all I see is the ever expanding result of the big bang

I seriously hope this isnt a thread to bait us atheists into yet another debate about atheism vs religion. We have our beliefs, you believe in god....I respect your belief and you should respect mine, so get over it and continue living a life that you enjoy and believe in

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia
But I think it's a matter of the thinker(god) and the thought(creation).

What is the only thing that can create something out of nothing? Thought.

If thought created something out of nothing then how would the thinker be anything?

If a blueprint built a building, how would the builder be anything?

Originally posted by badmedia
I disagree that we are moving in him.

Can smaller thoughts exist within a bigger thought?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
We have our beliefs, you believe in god....I respect your belief and you should respect mine, so get over it and continue living a life that you enjoy and believe in

I don't respect their beliefs, but they 'can continue living a life that they enjoy and believe in', as long as it doesn't involve killing me or anyone else who doesn't believe in their imaginary friend or prophet

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
there are no athiests because they are religious on airplanes and disasters

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
have any of thought of asking an Atheist?

seriously if you want to how we think and feel about things and people ,just ask us !

we're right here and we can hear you!

top topics

join