It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Digital Transition, APPLE & The Covert Spying Agenda On Americans

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
There is a reason for the digital transition that is coming soon and its not so Americans can just get clearer TV. Nor is it so they can free up the old frquencies to auction them off.
First lets look at the cost alone.

cost the government more than $1.3 billion in subsidies.

nytimes

So with our failing roads, bridges & infastructure; the homeless epidemic with people sleeping in the streets: a failed No Child Left Behind act; ever reduced funding to public schools: lack of insurance to the under-employed; a failed welfare system ect; the goverment deems it necessary to spend this money on clearer TV reception. NO WAY!

The purpose of this transition is a covert surveillance agenda to monitor and record every household in the US with a television. People have claimed they opened up their LCD televisions to find Micro-Cameras and Microphones.

I speculated in earlier articles that the mandatory switch over to High Definition TV is driven by a covert surveillance/monitoring agenda and mentioned that it was possible that tiny cameras are now being embedded in newer LCD monitors and TVs. This fellow reports that he has actually taken apart these newer TVs and has discovered said surveillance cameras.

Source

But, you say if the goverment is really spying on us they wouldnt put cameras in devices that are so readily identifiable! Well lets look at how they can watch and record WITHOUT a conventional camera

We could soon see a new kind of display screen from computer maker Apple - one that simultaneously takes pictures while showing images.

The clever idea is to insert thousands of microscopic image sensors in-between the liquid crystal display cells in the screen. Each sensor captures its own small image, but software stitches these together to create a single, larger picture.

A large LCD screen filled with image sensors would be ideal for videoconferencing, Apple suggests, as participants would always appear to look straight into the "camera". The technique could also add a camera function to a cellphone or PDA without wasting space, and light from the screen should help illuminate a subject.

The more sensors there are, the wider and clearer the image. Sketches accompanying the company's patent show as many sensors as liquid crystal cells in a screen. If some of the sensors have different focal lengths, switching between them would make the screen behave like a zoom lens.

Source

If APPLE is emerging with this technology now, guess what, they government has had it for YEARS.

But now you might ask, Even if my Television is recording video and sound, how in the world is that information going to be sent back the government? Great Question! Here is the answer.........Ordinary Power lines! Yes we now have the technology to connect to the internet over regular power lines! And guess what is connected to those very power lines, your Television!

Power line communication or power line carrier (PLC), also known as Power line Digital Subscriber Line (PDSL), mains communication, power line telecom (PLT), or power line networking (PLN), is a system for carrying data on a conductor also used for electric power transmission. Broadband over Power Lines (BPL) uses PLC by sending and receiving radio signals over power lines to provide access to the Internet.

There you have it, The means to record you via a LCD tv WITHOUT a camera AND the means to send that information through that regular outlet that TV is plugged into.

And lets not forget they can do it with your Compter also.........

Source

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
So now the government can watch and record our most private conversations and actions. In time, anyone with a dissenting view on the goverment, their policies or view in general will have themselves flagged and maybe when martial law is declared the people residing at those address'with find themselves relocated to one of those fancy new FEMA camps that have just been approved. This isnt as far away as everyone may think....take this into serious consideration people, the government no longer has the peoples best interest in mind, we are slaves that they use to line their own pockets at the cost of our freedom........

[edit on 3-2-2009 by imeddieone4202003]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
In My Desert Eagle and Shotgun I trust.

I guess it's time to tear apart my TV's just to check lol

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
The problem with this theory:

1) I have never seen anything resembling a recording circuit (video or audio) inside an lcd tv, and I have seen the internals of several.

2) The problem with any conspiracy revolving around the transmission of data is this: The information being collected would have to be sent back to 'home base' via your coax cable. It would not take that much effort to rig an intermediary device to store all data sent over said cable and examine it.

So how could this conspiracy be perpetuated if the data can be intercepted by anyone? Someone would eventually find it, even if it was encrypted and hidden.

The digital transition is to free up the frequencies being used for analog and because it is truly a better medium. Whereas the number of stations broadcast by analog is limited, the number transmitted digitally is limited only by the speed of data transmission.

Produce one of the following:

a picture of a camera or microphone inside of an lcd tv and include the model of the tv.

Or data intercepts proving data is being recorded and transmitted back to your provider.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riviera
In My Desert Eagle and Shotgun I trust.

[/quote

I couldnt have put it better, I only currently own a small .380 but you better believe im going to pick up an AK47 or SKS while they are still legal, and when my front door gets kicked in (and i know it will) i'd love to see their tactical body armour handle my 7.62x39 rounds as fast as i can pull trhe trigger.....

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by avingard

Please absorb all the information in my post, the point is they now can record WITHOUT a camera

We could soon see a new kind of display screen from computer maker Apple - one that simultaneously takes pictures while showing images.

The clever idea is to insert thousands of microscopic image sensors in-between the liquid crystal display cells in the screen. Each sensor captures its own small image, but software stitches these together to create a single, larger picture.

A large LCD screen filled with image sensors would be ideal for videoconferencing, Apple suggests, as participants would always appear to look straight into the "camera". The technique could also add a camera function to a cellphone or PDA without wasting space, and light from the screen should help illuminate a subject.

The more sensors there are, the wider and clearer the image. Sketches accompanying the company's patent show as many sensors as liquid crystal cells in a screen. If some of the sensors have different focal lengths, switching between them would make the screen behave like a zoom lens.

please refute the "camera-less video ability now emerging from APPLE built INBETWEEN the LCD crystals, No lenses!!

And furthermore you are wrong about the coax cable, they can connect to the internet with only POWER LINES where no one else has access except the government! please refer to my sources for confirmation of this technology. i never claimed they used coax cables, it can now connect over power lines.

Power line communication or power line carrier (PLC), also known as Power line Digital Subscriber Line (PDSL), mains communication, power line telecom (PLT), or power line networking (PLN), is a system for carrying data on a conductor also used for electric power transmission. Broadband over Power Lines (BPL) uses PLC by sending and receiving radio signals over power lines to provide access to the Internet.

[edit on 3-2-2009 by imeddieone4202003]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
If they were sending information through the coax cable that would limit the spying to people who are connected with the hard wire, but with this new technology they can access your tv just by it being plugged in, no coax required, so EVERYONE with a tv is subject to monitoring....

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
It seems more likely to me that TV makers like Sony, Panasonic, Phillips, Toshiba, and others lobbied for this bill for the simple purpose of making money. If everyone has to switch to HD cameras, receivers, dvd players, tvs, etc..., these companies stand to make a ton of money.

It is really fishy that the government would mandate such a lavish technology. Usually the market is left to take care of these things, what business does the government have requiring a certain type of image quality

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Is it just me or is the world becoming a little too close for comfort to "1984"?

Could it be that Wells made a true mistake by writing "1984" because it provided a road map for the government to follow? Or, did he do us all a favor because he let us know what to look for in a run up to a true Big Brother society?

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Yeah no doubt man. One analogy I like to make pertaining to 1984 and our current society is the Internet and the news we all receive from it. (Specifically North America, U.K., developed nations, etc).

In 1984 there were buildings dedicated to completing certain tasks, one of which was re-writing information. With the internet there is the capabilities to completely erase information, now that is some 1984 $hit.

**BACK TO THE OP**

This is something that has crossed my mind numerous times before as I've seen many many many commercials talking about the coming DIGI network. And also found it odd how the government is playing a role in the quality of television viewing we are receiving, I just didn't think that was their obligation.

[edit on 3-2-2009 by unknown known]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Hmm. Well, just in case, guess I'll just keep my OLD tv and cable that I've had for years.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I don't buy this at all.............

1. US Government is requiring conversion. Why would they spend 1+ billion dollars to save RF space? Well let's see....Bring infrastructure into the 21st century. Are we supposed to use the crappy antiquated technology indefinitely? We get better quality, more on less RF bandwidth. A dozen other countries have already switched over and dozens more are on schedule to. It's not just us. Are all of these countries moving forward with the same plan, collecting information also--right, it's the NWO.

2. Technology for integrating cameras into televisions is possible with Apple technology, therefore it is possible. So the US government has worked with all manufactures to incorporate this into televisions? This is quite a jump with nothing to back it up. What about the majority of people in the US who have old televisions and cable or satellite boxes? Was the picture/video capturing built into these boxes? What about the old ones, are the cycling out the old with new devices to hit everyone? And for those only receiving broadcast only (20% in US), the video capture is in the new boxes ,right? So all of the TV, cable box, and converter manufactures are in on this. And of course, nobody has leaked anything or has any first hand knowledge.

3. It all gets transmitted over power lines. Doubtful--BPL has been tested in a variety of cities and has caused significant (debilitating) interference with radio signals. So this technology concept is active nation wide (at a smaller level) and not causing any interference? And all of the independent companies providing power are colluding with the US Government to intercept this and redistribute to the US Government? And of course, nobody has leaked anything or has any first hand knowledge.

A lot of jumps with nothing to back it up.

delius

[edit on 3-2-2009 by delius]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by lel1111
Hmm. Well, just in case, guess I'll just keep my OLD tv and cable that I've had for years.

HHmmm. That brings up a good point, what about tvs that are connected to regular cable that isnt digital, you know basic cable with like 30-40 channels, its only digital if you have a box, will your cable provider stop basic service after the transition date?

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by delius

All the pieces are there, its upto us to put them together, of course i dont have anything but theory to back this up, Its not like i have a copy of Secret Bush memo's stating this is to come, im simply stating all the technology is there and with the amount of spying the the govenrment already admits to like, every phone call, cell call, email, text message and instant message recorded documented and searched for key words that will later flag that transmission for human review, that now they want even the information thats not transmitted electronically, like the conversations we think we have in the privacy of our own house..This isnt a huge leap, you should look into what the NSA Publicly admits to doing, and what they do covertly is even more astonishing....

[edit on 4-2-2009 by imeddieone4202003]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Ok, ok, everyone can calm down now.

There is one very crucial thing you have overlooked in your OP:

Why would the government care to watch people staring blankly into a television set?

Maybe you need to read that one again. And then again. Let me ask you this personally: if you theoretically COULD monitor the households of millions of Americans as they sat slack-jawed watching Everybody Loves Raymond and Friends re-runs, would you? I mean, sure, at first probably anyone would, just for the novelty of it, or maybe in hopes of catching fine women who watched TV in the nude.

But really? Don't you think it would get...I don't know...kind of *old* eventually? Seriously....if people didn't have much of a life watching TV, then how much of a life could you possibly having watching people watch TV?

Not to mention the sheer amount of resources the government would have to have in order to monitor even a fraction of the population. Now multiply that by the odds (time wise) that Joe Blow, in between commercial breaks, whips out his map of the next federal targets that he and Suzy Q are going to hit in the next week.

Please inform me what you think the value versus cost ratio involved would be? Let's consider the cost of the infrastructure to begin with (you've already included this, it seems), the time and cost involved with almost every tv set being upgraded accordingly, the time and money spent on manning federal employees who would monitor such a massive spying endeavor, and the time and money spent cataloging, storing, and perhaps analyzing such data (surely this would be recorded, right? Do you have any concept of how much storage capacity would be needed here? Do you have any idea how many hours the average American spends per day watching TV?). We'll just ignore what would have to happen in order to build a legal case to prosecute suspect activity here without blowing such a tremendous cover.

Now let's consider the odds of such a massive endeavor catching "suspect" activity. What's the ratio of the payoff, do you imagine?

So in short....do you perhaps want to rethink the rationality of what you're suggesting before continuing in this thread?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
From what I can gather, this conversion really has nothing to do with getting better reception...it has to do with money...of course! The owners of the cable companies want to start charging the viewer for certain "services" they will have available. By clicking the "action" button on your remote, you will be able to access current weather conditions (anywhere), access games, maps, your computer, your phone etc. and so on...but at a cost! It will all be terribly convienent (can you feel your couch potato-ness getting worse?). It's all about the money! They may be able to "spy" on us...but who would want to...seems not too many can think for ourselves anymore, and how boring would that be to watch...they rely on TV to do the thinking for them! Have you ever know the government lately to do anything good for you? This is just a new way to get into your pocket, and the feds are most likely getting kickbacks from the networks. No worries...it's just your money they want!

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
You ask why would they want to watch us? why dont we ask the same thing where in the UK there is one CCTV camera for evey 14 people, thats an immense amount of monitoring, the logistics to man and operate that many cameras is insane, but its being done and the government is only adding more. And as of last years they began adding Talking cameras where a loudspeaker is attached and the monitor can even scold the person they are watching!

[edit on 4-2-2009 by imeddieone4202003]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Are you serious? A link please.

This is just becoming toooooooooooooooooo much like 1984.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by imeddieone4202003
You ask why would they want to watch us? why dont we ask the same thing where in the UK there is one CCTV camera for evey 14 people, thats an immense amount of monitoring, the logistics to man and operate that many cameras is insane, but its being done and the government is only adding more. And as of last years they began adding Talking cameras where a loudspeaker is attached and the monitor can even scold the person they are watching!

Firstly, please provide support for these statistics in the UK, as well as support that they are "only adding more".

Secondly, we are not the UK.

Thirdly, these CCTV cameras must obviously be placed in public places, not people's homes, so the comparison is irrelevant.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Cameras can be covered. So if you suspect theres a camera looking at you, cover it with a towel or cloth. A pull down screen over the front of a tv would work just as well.

Does anyone ever have sex while the tv is on. Or smoke a little dope, or have a heated argument with your partner. Lots of reasons people would want to see inside your living room. Are the kids being taken care of correctly. Do you smoke around them, etc. This technology could be a great thing if there weren't so many "a" holes who would use it against us.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join