It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: 'I screwed up' on Daschle appointment

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
Ummm, Kentucky. That's all.

What is that supposed to mean? Please clarify. Is this some kind of a knock at my educational level? Again, before I light into you, please clarify.

Oh yea, and read my above post on N. Korea and Iran.

I did read your post about NK and Iran. I think this is an example of what Biden was talking about in the run up to the election when he said that Obama would be tested. These countries most likely had the capabilities to execute these actions at least a few months ago and decided to wait until Obama was sworn in to see how he would react. I would expect some statements from Sec. of State Clinton in the next week or so about the actions by Iran and N. Korea.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Every President will screw up, whether they admit it or not.
That's fine and to a certain degree we accept that.
That's why they are allotted a certian number of freebies where they can screw up without harsh criticism.
...but that doesn't mean you use them all up within the first month of being President.

Holy Moly, this guy will have a nervous breakdown soon.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
His apology is about as sincere as Daschle's.. He's sorry he got caught with his pants down and egg on his face..

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by BluegrassRevolutionary

Lite into me huh?

Let's see Kentucky and other places have been without power and people have been dieing from freezing to death. The Gov had to ask Obama to declare a state of emergency.

While these people are freezing to death and are without power and no heat for days on end, Obama is in the White House eating $100/lb steaks.

Where's the outrage?

And as far as I last heard Obama has canceled plans to install the missile defense shield.

India came out and said don't try any Clinton era tactics to try to negotiate a peace agreement between them and Pakistan.

I'd say he has already set into motion what he could have prevented.

So go ahead and lite into me, what ya got?

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
His apology is about as sincere as Daschle's.. He's sorry he got caught with his pants down and egg on his face..

Obama is looking awfully awfully odd lately.

Doesn't seem like the same Obama.

I wonder if maybe the pressure is getting to him. He seems timid and maybe a bit overmatched right now....

Where's the "Leader" we elected? I see more or less the same amount of leadership as Bush......in terms of the actual substance. It's been a while now and I haven't heard many good things.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Lite into me huh?

Just a misunderstanding...move along. Did you notice that the guy's screen name? Kentucky is the bluegrass state. Your post looked like you were writing off anything he said because he was from Kentucky. I read it the same way, so thanks for clarifying.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Mynaeris

I remain baffled why so many did not see any of this as foreseeable.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not gloating. In fact, I'm horrified at the apparent tail spin we seem to be in.

I just wish we had done better...

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

reply to post by BluegrassRevolutionary

Lite into me huh?

Let's see Kentucky and other places have been without power and people have been dieing from freezing to death. The Gov had to ask Obama to declare a state of emergency.

While these people are freezing to death and are without power and no heat for days on end, Obama is in the White House eating $100/lb steaks.

Where's the outrage?

And as far as I last heard Obama has canceled plans to install the missile defense shield.

India came out and said don't try any Clinton era tactics to try to negotiate a peace agreement between them and Pakistan.

I'd say he has already set into motion what he could have prevented.

So go ahead and lite into me, what ya got?

Hey, my bad, I thought you were making a typical Kentucky joke. LOL

Well, I personally am not too mad at Obama for enjoying a good steak, after all, he did not cause the ice storm and steak or no steak, many in KY will be without power for another week or so. On a side note, most of the people who have died have not done so due to freezing to death. Many of the deaths have been related to carbon monoxide poisoning due to improper use of generators, heart attacks from snow shoveling, and car accidents.

I will agree that now may not be the best time to be canceling the missile shield. IMO the actions by N. Korea and Iran in the last few days only strengthen the US's claims that this shield is necessary to guard against an attack from one of these rogue regimes. However, I think we all know that it would be quite unlikely for either of these countries to launch an attack against Europe for they know all too well that Europe's response would completely decimate their countries.

Also, just because the Obama administration has yet to respond to the actions of these countries does not mean that a response will not come from Sec. of State Clinton in the coming days. I for one would expect one.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueTriangle

Thanks, glad to know that I was not the only one who took it that way.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Daschle was going to be appointed, he admitted to the tax mistake, he said he was sorry about it, and he paid back those taxes. The senate was going to back him, but he withdrew at the last minute. It's not the first time that he withdraws at the last minute, he did it when he was deciding on whether or not to run for the Presidency.

It's refreshing to see that Obama is doing interviews on the major news networks, including Fox News. Very different from the secretive Bush and Cheney era.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I'm seeing more and more of a young inexperienced two year senator than the Rock Star/Kennedy/ Lincoln that people almost seemed to try to will into reality.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45

Bingo! I was about to post this myself. Does anybody really believe that Obama did not know?

Hasn't anybody started to notice a trail of destruction tailing behind Obama. I think some people need to do some research.

Being in Australia, I have the luxury of avoiding the Obama mania and actually watching from afar. I reckon he has most Americans under his spell. I really fear for the day when America realizes it has been manipulated and deceived. It will hurt more this time, as they actually believed in this President.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by realist00

Being in Australia, I have the luxury of avoiding the Obama mania and actually watching from afar. I reckon he has most Americans under his spell. I really fear for the day when America realizes it has been manipulated and deceived. It will hurt more this time, as they actually believed in this President.

Appreciate your concern.

Take heart. Almost half of us didn't vote for this guy. Of course if we were dems/libs and it was McCain "screwing up", we'd be screaming, "He's not my president!".

Very lame.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
I'm seeing more and more of a young inexperienced two year senator than the Rock Star/Kennedy/ Lincoln that people almost seemed to try to will into reality.

Now this post nails the issue perfectly. Starred.

All along we've been questioning H&R Barack's experience, even saying that hillary would be a better choice because she had more. Hell, even Palin had more experience than H&R Barack.

Edit to modify obama's name in the post.

[edit on 2/4/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1
He's sorry there is scrutiny on him now. He is sorry there are questions now..

YOU NAILED IT!!

Originally posted by Mynaeris
Is it just me or have the Obama fans hung up their pom poms?

It's just you. That koolaide they drank was very strong.
It'll take while for their buzzzzz to wear off.

Originally posted by bigvig316
I don't understand how he doesn't do his homework when it comes to these issues like these.

It's called .. lack of experience.

Originally posted by ConservativeJack
Where's the "Leader" we elected?

You'll see him looking very presidential when the FALSE FLAG operation, that Joe Biden spilled the beans about, happens. Then suddenly he will be sitting at the oval office, with some flags in the background, looking and sounding very presidential as he does something big defensively .... and all his compounding mistakes will be pushed to the back burner and out of the news cycle.

[edit on 2/4/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

You'll see him looking very presidential when the FALSE FLAG operation, that Joe Biden spilled the beans about, happens. Then suddenly he will be sitting at the oval office, with some flags in the background, looking and sounding very presidential as he does something big defensively .... and all his compounding mistakes will be pushed to the back burner and out of the news cycle.

[edit on 2/4/2009 by FlyersFan]

A move H&R Barack learned from bill clinton when he blew up some empty camps in Afghanistan to take the spotlight off of monica and clinton - except H&R Barack won't have monica under the desk while he's doing the news conference!

[edit on 2/4/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Its funny, my ultra liberal friends are still saying things like "I hope the Alaskan Volcano takes out Palin, she scares me". All the while I want to say "And the man you find to be the savior of the free world doesn't? The man who actually has power over us doesn't?"

Obama scared me while campaigning, he scares me now with his policies and bailouts. I believe the world leaders wanted him elected because they found him weaker and easier to manipulate. Not because he was a "uniter".

I wasn't a Bush fan either, and I wasn't for the rebates, the war, or many of his policies. I do feel Obama is going to be so much more detrimental to our economy and security.

It just freaks me out entirely. There are days I just can't look at the news reports. Makes me want to live on xanax.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Yeah, you screwed up. Great, you admit it. Now, quit doing interviews and photo-ops and get to work on fixing it. There's more to being President than showing up for the job.

I think it was Henry Ford who said you can't build a reputation by what you are going to do...

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
How anyone could see transparency, responsibility and integrity as negative qualities is FAR beyond me... I applaud Obama for taking responsibility for his mistakes. A refreshing change!

When you're the leader of the free world you don't apologize.

Oh, Christ!

When your at the top you blame it on the team or just don't say anything.

Just what we need. Another George Bush. If Obama blames it on someone else, he's accused of "throwing them under the bus". If he says nothing, it shows he can't admit a mistake. If he takes responsibility, he's weak and vulnerable... Bah!

Originally posted by BluegrassRevolutionary
Personally, I find it quite refreshing. I mean, Obama is willing to apologize for a relatively minor mistake that quite frankly will impact none of our lives.

Exactly. This mistake is without consequences. And he shows his integrity by taking responsibility and setting an example. Walking the walk.

Originally posted by Leto
It's refreshing to see that Obama is doing interviews on the major news networks, including Fox News. Very different from the secretive Bush and Cheney era.

Yes. quite a change.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Why did Obama claim to totally, 100% back Daschle even after the allegations came out?

Why did he push through the nomination of Geithner?

Is he really sorry that he made a mistake when only 24 hours ago, he was denying that anything was untowards?

Sure, its good that he apologised, but its bloody insincere... its another part of his incredibly slick PR spin campaign.

Congrats USA, you have your Tony Blair.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join