It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Internet KGB for Europe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   

An Internet KGB for Europe

mises.org

The project is supposed to replace an older law that stipulated a huge fine for copyright infringers. That law proved inefficient, since it required prosecution, defense of the accused, and a judge's decision — much too slow for the copyright police. Instead, HADOPI can act without any traditional legal ties. The High Authority abolishes private-property rights in a widespread a priori presumption of guilt against all users of the Internet.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I'm somewhat shocked. Amidst all of the economic problems going on I guess I shouldn't be surprised that Europe is taking this position.

This internet KGB in Europe is going to prohibit you people from accessing content that's featured on youtube, on fun fan websites, on google video, and on all other portions of the web.

European users here on ATS you can say goodbye to your personal freedoms... I don't know what laws Europe has regarding free speech but I imagine they could potentially block sites like ATS out since they're already now limiting the kind of content you people can see there.

I figure it's only a matter of time before they do it here in the USA...

Well, aren't any European members concerned about this?

I guess it's not as much as a shock to you guys since you're used to having your freedoms regulated...
mises.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3-2-2009 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
It will be unworkable & cause uproar here in the uk not only by the end user but from the isp's who are fiercly competing to offer the best packages, im not too worried for now.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
They could try to block it, but most of us not being uneducated chinese peasents can easily out wit any traffic monitoring system.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Is this similar in nature to what Australia is trying to do with censoring the Internet?
If they go through with it we are going to get our connections slowed by as much as 80%, which kind of makes a mockery out of the governments other plan for a national broadband network.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

This is only for France, not Europe.

I would love to see them try to fine me without a court appearance in the UK. Not even the Police can issue anyone a fine without their consent.

top topics

join