It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Dept. Spokesman Hints at North Korea Issue?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Early today while I was watching the State Department briefing on the Pentagon Channel, during the early part of the questioning between him(spokesman) and the reporters.
The spokesman made a slip of the tongue when talking about the recent Iranian launching of their satellite. He was talking about the issue of Iran and mispoke about North Korea instead of Iran as was the subject of the question. He was speaking about the UN resolution and made the mistake there.
The "error" in his speaking led to a question from one of the reporters about North Korea but it was quickly ignored and kept on with Iran.

Your comments on this? Personally I'd think that we at ATS would want to be keeping a close eye on the State Dept. briefings.

Edit: Forgot to change the title to Spokesman from Press Secretary, my bad.

[edit on 3-2-2009 by spec_ops_wannabe]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
The Briefing

Link to the briefing.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
The video for the briefing is available on the right side of the link with the Flash video symbol.

Edit to add: The quote itselg can be found at about 3:30 into the video.

[edit on 3-2-2009 by spec_ops_wannabe]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
There have been so many slips that I think they are doing it on purpose.

We know for sure that North Korea was in his mind at that moment.

The question is what about North korea?

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Well from what I heard today North Korea is playing bully again and getting ready to launch a rocket that can reach Cali, it is just a test. Combine that with a nuclear war head and we have problems.

So essentially N. Korea is about to have ICBM's. They aren't threatening us just getting ready to test a rocket with intercontinental range.

top topics

join