It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama to water down 'Buy American' plan after EU trade war threat

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

Boy oh boy didn't you misinterpret what that comment meant. It was in context to the entire post, not a separate entity.

You followed us into the hole, I hope you rot in it.

Nope, you guys started it and dragged everyone else in. Can't get away from that simple fact.

[edit on 4/2/2009 by Kryties]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
Look at he textile industry. We pay $20.00 dollars for a shirt. With modern manufacturing you can pay an American worker $10-12.00 dollars per hour and keep that shirt at $20.00 bucks and still have a lot of profit.

yeah right, away you go and start your company making quality garments at $20 a pop. gimme a break.

it's not going to happen when you are paying for american power, american factories, american labour, american taxes and american legal and accounting fees, american health care and american shipping and transport and american materials.

$20

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

I see, that is why you seem to find OK that slave labor in less than desirable human rights conditions from WTO that turn their eye the other side should be exploited.

No wonder the rich get richer the poorer gets 10 cents and hour and here in America we need to bend over and take it, because the WTO said so.

I don't find that very attractive, so I guess will keep the buy american only clause

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Truly our ancestors where right when they kicked you lot out!

Firstly, to those "offended" by the above comment, don't get your delicates into a twist. It was a tongue in cheek comeback to someone else's comment:

Originally posted by racegunz
Truly our ancestors were right when they fled europe.

Reality check here halfling. I lived with a woman from Denmark and she knows what kind of men you have left. We are the frontiersman we drained all the real men of the world and they came here.

She told me that almost 90% of European men act like American women. She said one of the reasons she came here is your men have no man left in them. When this new world boomed it attracted and drained all your real men and they came here and tamed this land.

Oh, I stand corrected then! If some woman from Denmark says so, it must be true! It couldn't possibly be just one womans opinion, probably formed after a negative experience with one or two men, it is actualy fact that 90% of European men are cowards, wimps and metrosexuals....

Obviously...

Why not try crowing your ignorant rubbish in person? Come over to anywhere in Europe, absolutely anywhere, and we'll see how manly you are without a gun to protect you then....

Utter nationalist, brain-fart induced, drivel and as for the rest of this particular post, it's not even worth my time to reply too.

Not nearly as duped as your people. We dont limit web sites, we did not give up our guns and we refuse to bend anymore.

Does it make you feel manly, owning a gun? Awww...

As what's this tripe about limitting web sites?

Say goodbye mate! We can be self sufficient and dont need the rest of the world.

Crack on, give it a shot. We'll see how far America gets by closing it's borders and following the protectionist route. The rest of the world will pick itself and carry on, with or without you.

reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Again, before you give birth to a whole mound of small cats, go back and read what my comment was in response to and then go and get a sense of humour. You Americans just don't det irony and sarcasm, do you?

Bottom line is, you guys and pull up the draw bridge and think you safe in your little castle, but what you start by doing that is a siege with you guys stuck in your castle with everyone else on the outside.....

[edit on 4/2/09 by stumason]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

it's not the WTO that set this up, it's the fact that people buy the cheapest stuff with little or no regard for how equitable the production is. the consumer cares about cost, not equality, if the consumer was willing to pay for equality, companies would provide it.

have you been shopping based on price or equity? have you been buying american? take some responsibility marg.

where was the computer you're using made? what about your coffee cup, your coffee, the sugar in it, the gas used to transport it, the rubber in the tyres used, the sneakers on you feet, the shirt on your back or the chair your big american ass is sitting on.

[edit on 4/2/09 by pieman]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Are you for real? I'm not sure whether to laugh hysterically at you or just feel sorry for your complete and utter ignorance. Here, I'll give you an example...

Please do not attack me for what I stated, I did not attack you personally.

I hope to god those 'fabulous genes' are eradicated rather quickly from the global genepool.

This is hate speech and you are condoning genocide. That is not a very nice thing to do.

My people that I protect on a daily basis are being thrown in the street and it is happening at an alarming rate. Try and walk in our shoes...we have bled too many times for other nations when it is not our fight. Now that we have been duped and ripped off by our government and banks you condone wiping out our gene pool?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Thanks for the clarification you got me worry for a bit, but I know that it was not your intention to get anybody offended.

I didn't ofended me because I may an American but my ancestry is from Spain.

But still is been so many ugly comments already is just sad.

[edit on 4-2-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Remember I never had argue against the fact that America doesn't produce anything anymore and if you have been long enough in these boards and has seen my post you know that I am also against slave labor, inequality and what my nation has done around the world.

I already posted in various occasions why I agree with the Buy America only clause and due to the fact that is our tax payer money, money that is going to be borrowed at the backs and the future of our unborn children, if you are not American then you have nothing to worry about.

But I do, my children do and so my unborn grandchildren.

A horrendous bail out against Americans in this nation the magnitude of the one that is planned, will turn our nation into a yearly budget of trillions of dollars that we don't have.

In top of that is actually unconstitutional what congress is doing beside the fact that I was against the first bail out and most of America and still the first bail out was shoved up our rears we wanted or not at least this time I as an America want that money to stay in the US.

Is that unreasonable? no to me, not to my children and my unborn grandchildren.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Why not try crowing your ignorant rubbish in person? Come over to anywhere in Europe, absolutely anywhere, and we'll see how manly you are without a gun to protect you then....

Utter nationalist, brain-fart induced, drivel and as for the rest of this particular post, it's not even worth my time to reply too.

Sorry "mate" I dont own a gun and am 5'11" 240 lbs and had to fight my way out of an American ghetto. I try and make a stand for what is right and always try and speak the truth.

Anyway was this a threat? I never attacked you personally but you can attack me on a personal level?

P.S. It was pointed out to me that I did use one sentence that attacked you personally. I am sorry for that.

The people seem to be getting divided more and more everyday while the banks and elite laugh at us. Maybe we all need to band together as regular people and not let this happen.

Peace.

[edit on 4-2-2009 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Please do not attack me for what I stated, I did not attack you personally.

You called stumason a 'Halfling'. Oh, and I was pointing out your ignorance, not attacking you personally.

This is hate speech and you are condoning genocide. That is not a very nice thing to do.

It is not a hate speech. It's called humour. I acknowledge American's have a somewhat different sense of humour to Aussies but quite frankly I couldn't be bothered trying to explain it to you, you just wouldn't get it.

Try and walk in our shoes...we have bled too many times for other nations when it is not our fight.

Not sure which nations you are talking about here. Most modern wars of the later 20th century were started by America.

Now that we have been duped and ripped off by our government and banks you condone wiping out our gene pool?

I can't stand with the fact that you don't feel any responsibility for helping the nations your country has forced into depression. You are advocating holing up and bugger the rest of us. In that sense, yes I mean that sort of thinking should be removed from the gene pool. I don't mean actual people.

[edit on 4/2/2009 by Kryties]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

With the hard times we are facing right now, my friend, get one because as our economy keeps failing so the streets will turn violent.

[edit on 4-2-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Please see my above edit, I did it while you must have been posting.

I was referring to the 2 world wars in Europe and do not condone my nation conflicting harm on any people. I am against war and tyranny.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Not sure which nations you are talking about here. Most modern wars of the later 20th century were started by America.

Now, now, history doesn't lie, here are the wars that US has been involved into and only the war against Afghanistan and Iraqwere started by the US

1908-2008/US:

1. WW1 (1917-1918) US, was asked to participate

2. WW2 (1941-1945) US, was asked to participate

3. Korea War (1950-1953) US, was asked for help

4. Vietnam War (1961-1975) US, was asked for help

5. Operation Urgent Fury-Grenada (1983) help

6. Operation Just Cause-Panama (1989) Help

7. Operation Desert Storm-Iraq (January/February 1991) help

8. Operation Restore Hope-Somalia (1993)help

9. Operations in Europe-Kosovo/Bosnia (1995) Help

10. Operation Enduring Freedom-Afghanistan (2001-present) Started

11. Operation Iraqi Freedom-Iraq (2003-present) Started.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I can't stand with the fact that you don't feel any responsibility for helping the nations your country has forced into depression. You are advocating holing up and bugger the rest of us. In that sense, yes I mean that sort of thinking should be removed from the gene pool. I don't mean actual people.

I and most of my people were against this bailout. We have been getting foreclosed at an alarming rate and feel rather helpless. Right now it is 4 degrees Fahrenheit outside and I have no family that can help my wife and I.

I can take it but she cannot. She may not survive these times...

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

It is not a hate speech. It's called humour. I acknowledge American's have a somewhat different sense of humour to Aussies but quite frankly I couldn't be bothered trying to explain it to you, you just wouldn't get it.

My sense of humor is dark and rather advanced. All it would have taken was to state it was humor. Like this /jk.

I dont believe it was meant to be all that funny.

Anyway live and let live.

To Marg: Good research and good post!

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
How do you remove "thought" from a gene pool? You can only remove genes from a gene pool, and the only way to do that is to remove certain people from the gene pool.

Backpedal all you want. Claim you were kidding. Claim you were taken out of context. It's bull crap, and it doesn't change the fact that you called for us to be removed from the gene pool while simultaneously demanding that we ride in to be your own personal savior.

Attitudes like yours are the reason nobody in the U.S. cares what happens to the outside world. Why should we concern ourselves with people that hate us? Answer: We won't.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

You were begged to participate but only decided to after Japan bombed the crap out of Pearl Harbour, near the end of the war.

4. Vietnam War (1961-1975) US, was asked for help

Gulf of Tonkin incident never happened.

7. Operation Desert Storm-Iraq (January/February 1991) help

What??? Are you serious?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

That was a strong post matt. I liked it very much. I have to wonder if the rest of the world even cares about this nation that put mankind on the moon and so many great things in the past and in the future. We as a people have sacrificed greatly many times.

It all seems so unreal.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Hence the already stated differences in our senses of humour, negating your understanding of the humour.

Saying that the rest of the world can go stuff itself because they hate you, really constructive stuff there
Perhaps look at WHY they hate you, rather than getting all bitter and twisted up about it.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

You were begged to participate but only decided to after Japan bombed the crap out of Pearl Harbour, near the end of the war.

We should never have been duped into war. I wish we never entered WWII, without our sacrifice of our people and our bombers softening the Nazi the USSR would never have had a chance to turn back the tide. Our American pilots were so brave and so giving of life. Our people battened down the hatches and sacrificed our comfort and life to ramp up the biggest war machine production this world has ever seen.

How can you make such statements? Pearl Harbor was a game played on us to get us over to the European theater. Did you all just forget? What have any of you done for us?

Deny Ignorance.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join