It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to Determine If a Member is Ignoring You

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   

I found like 10 people ignoring me it also says the poster is ignoring me.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

your all ignoring me

meuahahhahahaha

OK thanks for clearing that up

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by visible_villain
On another note, it seems that there is also some BB-code available as well to hide comments you post from other members who are participating in a discussion. Little 'secret messages' so to speak which everybody else there can see but the person who's handle is indicated in the special BB-code. This feature is evidently 'undocumented' ...

It's so undocumented that even senior staff has never heard of it.

We don't have any secret 'hide the post' system. If someone told you there was, they were pulling your leg.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Not sure I understand or want to understand the ATS ignore option. used it once to see what would happen,sorry no offence,just a curious newb. Looking for a current motto how about " IGNORE IGNORANCE" Everybodys perspective or point of view to me is important and well deserved.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I too am fairly new at ATS but we are all new at some time and we all have to learn the ropes.

I have also had the feeling that my posts were not being viewed by some or all for that matter. I never stopped to think that maybe that was a voluntary act done by other ATS member simply because they did not agree with what I had to say or they found my post not quite to their liking. A simple pass on the post would be quite effective.

I knew the option was available but I thought it was pretty much reserved for those few times when the communication became so heated that the best option was to remove yourself from the kitchen.

Even under those circumstance though I thought that the required civility and decorum would make it obligatory for the ignorer to notify the ignoree.

It would be bad form and certainly a bit uncivil not to notify an individual that you have terminated all future communication with them and that you have activated the ignore option.

Or am I doing that thing again that annoys and consequentially wins me an ignore?

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
It's an interesting "ATS CONSPIRACY" topic anyway. What would be more interesting would be to know which government agency IP is here as well and if they have you on ignore. BTS? shhh

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightSkyeB4Dawn

Or am I doing that thing again that annoys and consequentially wins me an ignore?

Lol. No. One thing I think that makes lot of people feel "ignored" is that moderate, reasonable posts naturally draw less response than posts that are extreme and outrageous, or conversely, simply spout off popular opinion.

If you look at the recent threads list you will notice over time that the same topics come up over and over and over, ad nauseum. And that the most inflammatory threads gain the most attention. You will see a thousand different takes on "creationism is dumb" or "evolutionary theory disproved" as people know these tried and true polarizing topics will draw lots of replies.

But dont think you need to jump on the popularity bandwagon. There are lots of members who enjoy reading well reasoned moderate posts.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I'm ignoring everyone on this thread!

Seriously why put someone on 'ignore'?
Is there ANY way to determine if someone is?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by NatureBoy
reply to post by TheRepublic

hahahahahahaha DENY IGNORANCE!!!!!

lalalalala #fingers in ears# lalalalala I can't hear you mr bad man saying things i don't agree with!

haha oh some people are so stupid, why come here if you don't want to have your opiniona challenged?

Because SOME people have a habit of mocking people and that is all they are here to do but for SOME reason cannot see past the fondness of their own opinions that ignoring them removes the added waste of time having to scroll over the posts they make. I especially find this true for those who like to take a post apart line by single line and find something wrong with every word said.

So rather than get upset at trolls risking an abrupt mention of what a moron they are, it is easier to just "ignore them" .

This is invariably seen by these same morons as someone too afraid or too ignorant to engage in intelligent debate so they ignore people that they cannot win arguments with.

The idea one can win an argument with the knowitall on my ignore list is just plane stupid, and then again, taking him off my ignore list proved to be even more stupid.

I guarantee, they are there to stay.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
According to the instructions posted I am being ignored by the OP and SLAYER69. I am sure there are many more who cannot stand somebody who disagrees with them. It would certainly be a beautiful world if everybody agreed with everybody else. I love my family dearly, but I do not agree with them most of the time either. Curiously enough there are some ignoring me that I have been in complete agreement with on several posts.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by groingrinder]

[edit on 2-13-2009 by groingrinder]

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Whatever happened to the good 'ol ignore function?

<< 1   >>

join