It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You have 5 mins to live...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 06:35 AM
link   
It is announced on the Emergency Broadcast System that an enemy state has launched a nuclear weapon. It cannot be intercepted and you have 5 mins to live. How would you spend those last 5 mins?

Personally, I would take a beer and sit on a bench in my garden.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Humpy - will have a second beer, and will the bench be big enough to accomodate a visitor? If so, I'll head to your garden (make sure the beer is cold please).

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   
This should be in Chit Chat.

Uh...5 mins? I would probably just carry on as I normally do. Now if I had 24 hours, that would be a different story

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 06:43 AM
link   
errr...well I think most people would just be like "OH MY GOD!!!!!! WE'RE GONNA DIE!!!!!!!!!!! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and generally run around flapping their arms about.

Or some kind of variation like that.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I'd tell my boss what I really think of him

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Now if I had 24 hours, that would be a different story

How so?

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I would relax, light a marlboro, pop open a bottle of single malt, and just chill.

Ah, peace at last.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 07:18 AM
link   
attempt a phone call to my daughter and pray with her.

If I can't reach her, then put on some beautiful music grab my gal and hold her tight and PRAY !

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 07:31 AM
link   
if that ever came about, hopefully i'll be surfing, if not, and i was a home, i'd have to say that i would lie on the grass in the sun, and close my eyes.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I would totally jump off a really tall building and spend those last 5 minutes free falling.

But if someone walked up to me and was like oh I forgot to tell you, you're about to die in 5 minutes, and I didn't have time to get to a realy tall building, I'd run down the hall, grab my lover, and lets just say go crazy woooo.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   
U would have to get to the top of the really tall building before u jump off tho...so basically ur gonna be sooo tired that ur just gonna wanna die anyway

I doubt we would even get 5 mins notice, especially since i live in the UK and am way closer to the threat of certain nations than any of u in the US...well have a nice 5 mins if it ever comes to it...ill be crying like a baby

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I'd probably get on ATS and make a thread called: "We have 5 minutes to live, what's everyone doing?"

In the following minute I'd make another thread called..

"We all have 4 minutes to live now, what's everyone doing?"

then I'd make another thread called

"We now have only 3 minutes to live, what's everyone doing?"
----
That is bound to upset some mods though, and maybe my first 3 threads will be trashed, and this would take about a minute, so now we have only 1 minute left. I'd then check ATSNN to make sure we're still the best news agency in the world, cuz we'd have the countdown timer with thread replies and everything!

With 20 seconds left I have time to realise that 5th density won't be so bad at all, I'll have no physical body, I'll not be affected by "time" at all, and I'll be able to haunt Colonel and write "repugnant" on the condensation of his bathroom mirror for the rest of his days, if he survivies the nuke. What could possibly be better?

Ah but on a serious note, knowledge protects! The beginning is the end and vice versa. Death is Birth. Death is only the expiration of the physical body, but the consciousness lives on, so unless you're attached to the physical, you shouldn't worry

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Buy some pizza, and go down in the sewers of N.Y, I don't know if thats a good idea though. It probably needs to be deeper.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
hmmmm sex with gal pal................or 2

if no women are around/don't have time, I think I would try to find a bunch of heroin and try that - what the hell, i'm gunna die anyway right? besides, I hear it's better then sex

that single malt does sound good - i have a 30 year old bottle i've been saving

call my mom dad - fam in general, and tell them I loved them.

Praying sounds like a good idea.

Maybe I'd go throw a TV out my 3rd story window - nothing says "WE'RE ALL GUNNA DIE!!!!!!" more then a little chaos.

ohhhh - and eat all my roomates food - since they always eat mine

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I would Hi-Jack a UFO then taunt everyone by making the UFO a few meter higher than they are (Just outa reach)

Then watch as the fireworks roll

Hehe jk

I would just continyou as normal i believe in god so i should be covered by suden death

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
well depending on where I am and the family is, i would try to call them, say my I love you's, smoke something and then just wait for the last minute to pass by.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I would probally meditate.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I would grab KayEm and a bottle of scotch. We would then sit and watch the world burn

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Lose my virginity to my girlfriend...im only 14 so....yeah...and she fine
While screwing her and waiting for our death ill be smoking some marijuana that my uncle has. Itll be the way to go....living it up.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
nothing like a good ol' fashioned detroit ghetto riot!

<<   2 >>

join