It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Radicals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Disclaimer:

You can not be off topic here because there is no topic.

I think if I had a thorough mental examination I would probably be diagnosed as having Adult Attention Deficit Disorder. It would be wrong but I am sure that I have enough of the symptoms to get tagged with the diagnosis.

It is not so much the lack of attention as it is the over active mental awareness of too many things.

My mind feels like it is trapped in a transporter set at warp speed, I can’t get out and my mental processors have no brakes.

I have seen more than a few years past twenty but I still have the perpetually inquisitive mind of a two year old.

The internet is my psychiatrist and it keeps me grounded and half-way sane. How else would I be able to find answers to such mundane questions as: Are there any flowers that have green blossoms?

Sometimes questions or ideas just pop into my head. Though most of the time they have no intrinsic value what so ever they do often make you go hum-mmm.

They are the kind of questions and ideas that would drive the seasoned ATSer nuts if put into a real post because most of the time it would be a post with a lot of potatoes but lacking much meat. I call these little devils Free Radicals.

Now Free Radicals come in a wide variety of flavors and sometimes if nurtured and well tended could turn into something really worth debating. I wouldn’t count on it but they deserve their fifteen minutes of fame. So I dedicate this spot to all the crazy ideas or questions that make your brain itch and you just have to scratch.

It may not be a place for great debate but I am sure that it is better than Karaoke.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Maybe you're a young soul, could explain all the questions.

As for questions being mundane, i think that's just perspective.
A question about green blossoms is in my opinion just as important as a question about world peace.

What i would like to know is why don't they just make cigarettes with more nicotine and less stuff that kills you..

[edit on 3-2-2009 by locster]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Well... I had that itch. For a very long time I had that itch, while I gathered information. Finally, it came together.

I wrote a book, wherein I describe a path from where we are now to a future of abundance, where we each might follow our bliss.

I discuss it a bit further here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As for AADD, I am likely too to be so labeled. But as a comedian named Doug (something that starts with "S") says (paraphrased), "No. I'm NOT paying attention to you. I'm thinking. Yes, it's more interesting than you!"

So, yeah. I understand well.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Attack of another free radical!

The question that I have is so difficult to put into words that I am afraid I am going to do a really poor job of explaining it but I am going to try.

I was talking to a girl at work that just happens to be from the islands. She made the statement that there were too many Chinese and that they should not be allowed to have any more children for a while.

I looked at her in shock. I asked her how could she make such a statement and it was obvious that she had not thought what she said through. She informed that she had thought it through and that there were too many people on the planet. She said it was three times the number of them to the rest of the people on the planet and they were the biggest polluters of the planet and causing global warming.

I asked her if she had ever heard anyone say something negative and really stupid about her home country the people here in America that originated in her country? She said yes, all the time. I asked how it made her feel. She said that it made her angry because the things that were often said are not true and the people saying them were just bigots and liars.

I told her yet you just sat here and told me half truths and lies about another group of people so how are you any different?

The point I am trying to make is really hard to make clear.

I am “not” asking why people are bigots and racist. That is an argument that I do not think will ever have an end. What puzzles me is how people that are frequently the most impacted by hate, unfair treatment and lies, can then turn around without thought and do the same thing to someone else.

Okay I am not putting it right. Let me try again.

A man that looks Hispanic is walking down the street. A group of white males see him, stop the car and beat him because he has no business in this country. He is taking their jobs, he is probably here illegally and a Hispanic male raped the sister of a friend of his a long time ago. You can’t trust them so you have to get rid of them.

The man is outraged because his family has lived in this country for just as many generations as the people that attacked him and he has never hurt anyone. It makes no sense. The people are racist bigots, ignorant, intolerant and they need to be prevented from breeding.

The man that had been attack returns home to find that a Black family has moved into the house next door. He is upset and tells his wife that they will have to find another place to live because he has enough trouble in his life. He does not need the added trouble of living next to these black people that are probably on drugs, are probably thieves, lazy and on welfare. He warns her to make sure she locks up the house tight when he is not home because you can’t trust those people. He knows someone whose sister was raped by a black guy so be careful.

I am using these little vignettes to make my question a bit clearer. I don’t understand why people don’t see that the same things that affect them affect others as well.

I don’t understand how people expect others to treat them a different way then they treat people.

Okay let me try again. A lady is driving in traffic and she is so angry that it is taking so long to get through the toll that she pulls to the side and drives up to the entrance of the toll forcing the cars to let her in. This delays the procession of the cars through the toll even more. People that have witnessed this is now incensed so a few of them do the same thing delaying the process more and more.

No one stops to think that they have been inconvenienced by someone that was selfish and impatient. That the person made them feel angry and taken advantaged of and that it was just plain wrong. They become angry, copy the offensive behavior and inflict the same offense on another.

Why?

Why don’t we see and understand if it is wrong when someone does it to me; it is wrong when I do it to someone else?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
My mind is working overtime today.

Do know why you should never talk politics and religion to and especially to friends?

It is because when it comes to those two subjects people lose the ability to do critical thinking. It is like trying to explain to someone why you love your dog or you car. Unless they have a dog or a car that they love as much as you love yours they will never understand and with understanding comes agreement.

People do not listen to what you say.

They are listening for a place in your conversation where they can politely interject. That is if the conversation is civil; if not they don’t listen at all they just talk over top of you.

I used to wonder what happened to the art of listening but I think I know what happened.

People don’t care what another person has to say. They just want to be heard.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
If you could hold a conversation with your food would you eat it?

I know this sounds way out there but a book I read a while back flashed in my mind and it brought this question to mind.

I know that most of you have not heard of or read the book “The Sparrow” but this was the book that got me to thinking.

If your food could talk to you and you could understand what it was saying and it could understand you. If you could have a normal sit down conversation with it, would you eat it?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

Do know why you should never talk politics and religion to and especially to friends? It is because when it comes to those two subjects people lose the ability to do critical thinking. It is like trying to explain to someone why you love your dog or you car. Unless they have a dog or a car that they love as much as you love yours they will never understand and with understanding comes agreement.

I would like to point out that on the subjects of politics and religion you are contending with programmed responses that are directed by the persons mind control programming. Both religious and political thought are full of indoctrination and training thus they are population control vectors of the elite. That is the main reason I think that you can not have a conversation on those subject areas.

Just my observation.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by UFOTECH

I agree. We bring to any conversation our own person experiences and beliefs. We believe what we have been taught and some of the things that we have been taught can not be proven so we have to take a leap of faith.

Things that we believe on faith are much stronger and much more volatile to discuss because dealing with the idea that we made the wrong choice or that we have wasted our time and energy nurturing a tree that will never bear fruit is unconscionable to some especially if that tree is devoid of leaves and can not even provide shade.

top topics

join