It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cures For Our Economic Disease

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I wish I could just put the whole article here because I find it to be true. Throwing more cash at this economic disaster is not going to get us out of this mess. All it is going to do is put us in a deeper hole. What Congress needs to do is start listening to every idea and come up with a real solution based on the best ideas. The same o same o is not going to work.

Ron Paul, whether you like him or not, is providing some alternatives to spend spend and spend. The least Congress could do is to take a serious look at what he proposes.

If Congress really wanted to do something helpful, it would cut taxes. Ideally, we would repeal the income tax altogether and get the IRS off the economy’s back, which would be a huge boon. We should also cut spending. Cut every unconstitutional department and program, every wasteful governmental encroachment on the people’s liberty and money, starting with our massive overseas empire. The cost of our empire is bringing us to our knees, just as the Soviets’ empire did to them. Congress should also abolish the Federal Reserve and take back its responsibilities to ensure sound money, safe from the manipulations of powerful banking interests.

www.house.gov...

I guess once Congress finishes passing this stimulus bill, they might as well start on the next stimulus bill. The evidence is clear that Congress isn't interested any new ideas as long as they can spend what isn't theirs. :shk:

[edit on 3-2-2009 by jam321]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I offer a better idea of where we should "thow our cash." I discuss it ni my book, which is free to all who would U2U me with an email addy.

I discuss the book further here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Ron is a very sharp guy, and I agree with much of what he's said. What I don't agree with is this anti-tax stance. The way I see it, you can't get something from nothing, so how do we expect our gov't to function with no money/very little money in the coffers? Are we supposed to have faith that it'll work? The issue isn't with whether we should pay taxes or not, it's with accountability of that revenue. There's too many hands in the cookie jar.

And most are wondering where our money has gone. It's in the banker's (fed) pockets and they ain't investing in us anymore. We didn't just let the foxes guard the hen-house, we gave 'em run of the whole damned farm!

To top it off, we've absorbed the philosophies of our corrupt masters... sociopathy. It's becoming a survival trait. If you don't have the will to turn your back on others in real need, if you don't have the will to take what you can when you can regardless of the long term effects on the wellfare of others, if you don't have a manipulative monopolistic mindset,
you probably won't do well in this de-regulated super capitalistic system.

join