It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Man Killed By Exploding Cell Phone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Chinese Man Killed By Exploding Cell Phone

www.dailytech.com

A Chinese man has died after an exploding cell phone apparently severed his carotid artery, according to reports from China. The local Chinese paper Shin Min Daily is reporting on the victim, thought to be a computer shop clerk in his twenties.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
technology.timesonline.co.uk

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I can 't to see whether the phone was a genuine, but I am guessing it was one fo the counterfeit ones. Certainly adds a new dimension to risk buying cheap phones off of Ebay!

There have been several other reports of people killed by cell phone explosions, in nations ranging from Ghana to South Korea.

I had never heard of these...

www.dailytech.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
This is kind of scary, but i have an idea where this problem stems from. I use to work for a cell phone insurance company, and we would provide our customers with refurbished phones.

Now originally we provided refurbished units AND batteries. The problem was that the batteries were prone to over-heating and explosion for not being compatible

That's most likely the cause. Refurbished.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
This has happened before, I think in china too. Well I know its probably more common then you would assume, but you think they would have a recall, and until there's a new safer version of there phone just use speakerphone.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Made in china.
Does not surprise me.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Batteries are dangerous, those kids toys which caught fire all over europe a few years back and all the Sony laptops that exploded too.

Another reason for hands free ear pieces i suppose
hehe as long as the tiny battery doesn't go off in your ear.

It's a really bad design putting those vital tubes unprotected on the outside of the bones, yet another flaw in our design -kinda goes to show we haven't finished evolution yet, hehe or god was rubbish -whatver you believe.

top topics

join