It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Security in Iraq: Relatively Speaking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
"If there is to be any degree of honesty in our communication, we must begin to acknowledge that the lexicon of words that describes the human condition is no longer universally applicable.
I am in Iraq after four years away.
Most Iraqis I talked with on the eve of the first provincial elections being held after 2005 told me "security is better."
I myself was lulled into a false sense of security upon my arrival a week ago. Indeed, security is "better," compared to my last trip here, when the number of attacks per month against the occupation forces and Iraqi collaborators used to be around 6,000. Today, we barely have one American soldier being killed every other day and only a score injured weekly. Casualties among Iraqi security forces are just ten times that number."

www.truthout.org...

A fine article from a journalist living in Iraq since 4 years. It makes to remember what a concept like security may mean from different view angles and from different historical timelines. It is important to remember these before celebrating the "peaceful election" in Iraq.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
this was expected tho, from a historical military standpoint

for example after the fall of nazi germany, there was a insurgency that lasted several years, and got pretty nasty it seems

but after a decade, everything calmed down agian, it was just a matter of time

and thats what i expected to see in iraq, strangely enough

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by deccal

Taking into consideration the banning of vehicles in the main cities and around US strong holds that is one of the major reasons the road side and car boomings has gone down.

new topics

join