It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese earthquake may have been man-made, say scientists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Chinese earthquake may have been man-made, say scientists

www.telegraph.co.uk[/u rl]

The 511ft-high Zipingpu dam holds 315 million tonnes of water and lies just 550 yards from the fault line, and three miles from the epicentre, of the Sichuan earthquake.

Now scientists in China and the United States believe the weight of water, and the effect of it penetrating into the rock, could have affected the pressure on the fault line underneath, possibly unleashing a chain of ruptures that led to the quake.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.abovetopsecret.com
www.abovetopsecret.com
www.abovetopsecret.com

[edit on 3-2-2009 by baseball101]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Interesting stuff saw a few threads on here about possible theories of it being man made (see other links) i think this is kind of shady considering they somehow see the problems now and didn't forsee it when they built the dam ... i mean if i was building something that close to a fault line i would do a lot of research in order to prevent these kind of things happening ... i don't know what to think ... what do you think?

[url=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/4434400/Chinese-earthquake-may-have-been-man-made-say-scientists.html]www.telegraph.co.uk[/u rl]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
tectonics is very complex, they probably had no idea this could happen -we're only just starting to learn that we can't do as we please with the earth, expect more lessons to come - i predict creating mass empty holes under the ground where we suck out all the oil is probably a bad idea, like how an engine needs some oil in maybe the earth does too?

new topics

join