It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

stimulus checks are not gonna work.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Well you give someone a check to buy stuff in america...9 out of 10 things isn't even made in america...

So basically your stimulation china Taiwan..ect....

so stimulus is helping them not us..right?

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

I think it really depends on who would get a stimulus check and for how much. The current stimulus package is costing the taxpayer about 17k per paying citizen. If this money goes toward the govt pet projects like the plan is now - no I don't think it can help. If it was used to help restructure mortgages to cut back on defaults, it may.

If everyone gets another 1k check, no I don't think it will do much.

BUT I haven't even heard of stimulus checks for us even being discussed.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

True.

But retailers higher people here also depositing them in bank accounts so banks in theory will lend it out again to contractors so they can build/repair things etc.

I don't know about you but I would like more of my tax payers money back in my hands and not the Governments. Before they bailout some dork on wall street who gets his million dollar bonus for his part of wrecking the economy.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
IN tough economic times, people don't spend. They save. And they keep saving until they think it is safe again. If they do spend money, they pay off bills which goes right back to the evil banks.

I think the best way out of this mess(but I am not an economist by any stretch of the imagination,so humor me here)

Is that the feds should start a temporary bank, lend money to those who need it, pay off or take and susbend the bad and failing mortgages, and get people out of credit card debts. That way the banks get some money and feel more secure because people are paying. People get out of debt and feel more secure and start spending again.
they can call the bank the First Federal Bank of spending and lending. HA!

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
No of coarse the stimulus package wont work!!! Long term it's going to destroy us with inflation. But to answer your question, you have to look at the supply chain. Sure the manufacturer might be in china but you have to look at the company that imports the goods, the company the distributes, the retailer that sells, and the employees that facilitate the sales.

new topics

top topics

join